Nicolas Lacoumette has announced Cycler Looper, a software that provides musicians with a simple yet extremely powerful set of looping tools.
Created to support all aspects of sound performances (playback, looping, remixing), it can be learned in one hour, and does not require expertise in digital audio.
Nicolas Lacoumette, a musician who designed award-winning audio software like the GURU rhythm system and the Krishna synthesizer, is behind this bold new product.
Cycler Looper excels by providing musicians with an extraordinary sense of freedom, far surpassing other computer-based solutions. Users create their own personalized loop station (like a turbocharged RC-50), with clear, engaging on-screen visual feedback.
Cycler Looper main features
- Easy installation.
- Quick learning curve.
- Reliable and stable (Cycler Looper is a closed system, like Reason).
- Synchronized multi-user support.
- Lightning fast project loading.
- Efficient user interface.
- Clear, elegant on-screen feedback.
- Very rapid set-up for live shows.
- Reduces overall equipment requirements (cables, preamps, mixers…)
Cycler Looper technical features
- 8 loopers et 8 players per user.
- Auto Level correction on Record.
- Internal Playlist system with various crossfade modes.
- MIDI Board adaptive to any controller brand.
- Advanced looping functions.
- Peak detection on first loop (Perfect Match).
- Free looping time, or adaptive to music (from 16th to 16 bars).
- Easy and accurate Global latency detection.
- 16 ins (stéréo/mono), 16 outs (stéréo/mono) manager.
- Odd signatures.
- Basic and graphical side chain compression effect system.
- Base Effects : Delay, Resonnant Filter (hpf/bpf/lpf), Overdrive, Flanger/Chorus,Phaser, Reverb, Volume/pan/mute, Ring/Amp Modulator, Bit/Samplerate reduction, compressor, Sample/Loop Player.
- Base Time Effects :Incarn, Reverse, Smooth, speed up, speed down, time stretch..
- Modular and programmable effects.
Cycler Looper is available to download from the Cycler Looper Facebook page.
More information: Cycler Looper
Vox has announced the Lil’ Looper, a looper multi-effect pedal.
Combining two independent loops with a dozen onboard effects, the VOX Lil’ Looper shares many of the winning features of the VOX Dynamic Looper.
The easy-to-use design, solid footswitches, versatile effects, and layering loops are ideal for guitarists who want to break new ground in looped performances or who seeks new expressive power. Lil’ Looper offers the additional convenience of being compact, lightweight, and battery operated. A balanced Mic input allows any mic’ed instrument – or even a vocalist – to enjoy the sonic power of the Lil’ Looper right away!
Lil’ Looper features
- Intuitive dual pedal design.
- Record for a total of 90 seconds on two independent loops.
- Overdubbing with Undo/Redo.
- Add infinite layers with SOS recording capabilities.
- Loop Quantize:
- Creates phrases that automatically loop on the beat
- Sync two loops to the same tempo
- 12 Effects:
- Pedal: Comp, Crunch, Overdrive, Distortion
- Modulation: Chorus, Phaser, Mod Delay; Stutter
- Simulation: Acoustic, Bass, Radio, Pitch
- Built-in metronome/rhythm guide.
- Headphone output with metronome only mode.
- Switch between Guitar input & Balanced Mic (1/4″) input.
- Battery power (AA x 6) or optional AC power adapter.
- Optional VFS2 can turn effects on/off, stops loops, or erase a phrase.
More information: Vox / Lil’ Looper
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Mar 21, 2012 - 0 comments
BOSS has announced the VE-5 Vocal Performer, a compact and mobile personal effects processor and looper for vocalists.
Featuring a simple-to-use tabletop design that can be easily attached to a mic stand for performing, the VE-5 is perfect for singers, rappers, beatboxers, webcasters, and anyone that wants to have fun with processing vocal sounds.
The VE-5 inherits high-quality effects from BOSS’ popular VE-20 Vocal Performer pedal, including reverb, delay, double/harmony, and dynamics processing. Also on board is realtime pitch correction and special effects processing via the TONE/SFX category. A built-in phrase looper lets users capture vocal performances with effects and loop them on the fly for exciting real-time presentations.
One-touch operation makes it ideal for singers, even those not familiar with FX pedals, to select sounds and turn effects and harmonies on/off with ease. In addition, users can store three favorite settings and access them quickly with dedicated buttons. The phrase looper is easily controlled from the front panel as well.
VE-5 Vocal Performer features
- Easy one-touch operation.
- Six types of high-quality vocal effects inherited from the VE-20 – Reverb, Delay, Double/Harmony, Dynamics, Pitch Correct, and Tone/SFX.
- Phrase Looper adds impact to real-time vocal performances, including harmonizing and layered beatboxing.
- Favorite Sound function provides immediate access to preferred sounds.
- Ideal for live performance, as well as tabletop setups; mic-stand mount included.
- Internal microphone for instant gratification.
- Aux input for blending external music.
- Battery operation for street performance (AC adapter sold separately).
The VE-5 Vocal Performer will be available in late spring.
More information: Roland / BOSS VE-5 Vocal Performer
Circular Labs has updated the Mobius programmable looper software for Windows and Mac to version 2.0.
The focus of this release was a redesign of the synchronization engine, support for sample rates other than 44,100 and support for Audio Unit host sync.
Many, many architectural changes were made but few of these will be visible to most users. If you have been using Mobius, this will be one of the more complicated upgrades. Parameters related to synchronization will not be upgraded automatically, you will need to redesign your sync settings as track setups rather than presets. This is discussed in the release notes.
Changes in Mobius v2.0
- Redesigned synchronization engine for improved sync.
- Support for Audio Units host sync (Logic, Garageband).
- Support for other sample rates besides 44100.
- Redesigned UI button window that works like other binding windows.
- Improved OSC support.
Mobius for Windows and Mac (Standalone/VST/AU) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Circular Labs
Korg has introduced the mini KAOSS PAD 2, an effect processor and media player.
Korg’s Kaoss Pad Series products have become the must-have effect units on in every musician’s rig – especially on the DJ scene. In addition to inheriting powerful effect programs from the Kaoss Pad KP3 and the Kaoss Pad Quad, the Mini Kaoss Pad 2 provides an MP3 player with adjustable pitch, making it ideal for creating DJ-Style performances. Use it as a DJ playback device, or use it to process the entire output of your DJ rig with Korg’s famous KAOSS effects. Instrumentalists, guitarists, sound designers and even just music fans will enjoy using the Mini Kaoss Pad 2. Offering a built-in mic, onboard speaker, and convenient battery power, the Mini KAOSS Pad 2 is completely self-contained and ready wherever you go!
mini KAOSS PAD 2 features
- Control effects in real time using the intuitive touchpad interface.
- MP3 player with microSD card slot for data storage/exchange; Perform on the Mini Kaoss Pad 2 without needing any other equipment!
- 100 effect programs, ideal for DJ mixes or sound design.
- 3 Program Memories provide instant recall of favorite effects.
- Powerful Looper, Vinyl Break, and Ducking Comp effects borrowed from the Kaoss Pad Quad.
- Internal mic plus external audio inputs.
- Support for pitch change and cue point settings allows serious DJ play..
- Record your performances and save then to using the microSD card slot.
- 6 preset audio demo loops.
The mini KAOSS PAD 2 will be available May 2012, priced May MSRP $220 USD.
More information: Korg / mini KAOSS PAD 2
TC-Helicon has announced its new VoiceLive Play compact multi fx pedal.
VoiceLive Play is a new take on a compact multi effects unit for singers, but it is also so much more.
Obviously it is packed with TC-Helicon’s pro-level effects tailored specifically for vocalists and state-of-the-art harmony processing yet it is in the details where ’Play’ really shines.
Basically, singers will be catered to as if a dedicated vocal producer was sitting inside the box, always ready to fulfill their every wish and follow their slightest move.
VoiceLive Play features
- Complete Vocal Path – Tone, Harmony, HardTune, Reverb, Double and more.
- Auto Key Detection – Harmonies Can Follow your Favorite Songs.
- Practice Mode – Sing along and Analyze Vocal Performance.
- Tone – Global Adaptive EQ, Compression, De-ess, Gate and Pitch Correction.
- VLOOP Performance Looper with Undo/Redo.
- RoomSense Microphones for Auto Key, Monitoring, Practicing and Recording.
- Navigate Over 200 Presets by Genre or Effect with Favorites.
- Aux Input for Connecting an MP3 player..
- Stereo XLR, Headphone and USB Stereo Outputs.
- Low-noise Mic Preamp with Phantom Power.
- Optional MP-75 Modern Performance Vocal Microphone with Mic Control.
- Preset Download and Management Using VoiceSupport and USB.
VoiceLive Play is scheduled for release in Winter 2012, with an estimated price of $249.99 USD / 249 EUR SSP.
More information: TC-Helicon / VoiceLive Play
BOSS has announced it is now shipping the RC-300 Loop Station, the new flagship model in its industry-leading lineup of real-time phrase loopers.
Equipped with multitrack loop phrases, three hours of stereo recording time, built-in effects, enhanced real-time control options, USB, and much more, the RC-300 is a dream machine for the growing legions of instrumentalists and vocalists that incorporate live looping in their musical performances.
The RC-300 replaces the popular RC-50, improving on its powerful predecessor in nearly every way. Like the RC-50, it’s housed in an ultra-durable metal chassis that’s built to last, and offers 99 different memory locations, each with three independent stereo or mono loop phrases. But, the RC-300 ups the ante big time with three hours of recording and loop storage, more than seven times the amount available in the RC-50. The RC-300 also provides newly enhanced options for controlling loop phrases, including dedicated REC/DUB/PLAY and STOP footswitches for each phrase, an ALL START/STOP footswitch, and an expression pedal for real-time effects control.
- Three stereo tracks with dedicated footswitches and controls for each.
- Dedicated fader per track.
- Expression pedal for effects control in real time.
- Up to three hours of internal recording and 99 onboard memories.
- 16 onboard effects optimized for looping.
- XLR Microphone input with phantom power.
- USB storage; import/export WAV files.
The RC-300 is now available to purchase for the MSRP of $768.50 USD.
More information: BOSS / RC-300