Circular Labs has updated the Mobius programmable looper software for Windows and Mac to version 2.0.
The focus of this release was a redesign of the synchronization engine, support for sample rates other than 44,100 and support for Audio Unit host sync.
Many, many architectural changes were made but few of these will be visible to most users. If you have been using Mobius, this will be one of the more complicated upgrades. Parameters related to synchronization will not be upgraded automatically, you will need to redesign your sync settings as track setups rather than presets. This is discussed in the release notes.
Changes in Mobius v2.0
- Redesigned synchronization engine for improved sync.
- Support for Audio Units host sync (Logic, Garageband).
- Support for other sample rates besides 44100.
- Redesigned UI button window that works like other binding windows.
- Improved OSC support.
Mobius for Windows and Mac (Standalone/VST/AU) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Circular Labs
Korg has introduced the mini KAOSS PAD 2, an effect processor and media player.
Korg’s Kaoss Pad Series products have become the must-have effect units on in every musician’s rig – especially on the DJ scene. In addition to inheriting powerful effect programs from the Kaoss Pad KP3 and the Kaoss Pad Quad, the Mini Kaoss Pad 2 provides an MP3 player with adjustable pitch, making it ideal for creating DJ-Style performances. Use it as a DJ playback device, or use it to process the entire output of your DJ rig with Korg’s famous KAOSS effects. Instrumentalists, guitarists, sound designers and even just music fans will enjoy using the Mini Kaoss Pad 2. Offering a built-in mic, onboard speaker, and convenient battery power, the Mini KAOSS Pad 2 is completely self-contained and ready wherever you go!
mini KAOSS PAD 2 features
- Control effects in real time using the intuitive touchpad interface.
- MP3 player with microSD card slot for data storage/exchange; Perform on the Mini Kaoss Pad 2 without needing any other equipment!
- 100 effect programs, ideal for DJ mixes or sound design.
- 3 Program Memories provide instant recall of favorite effects.
- Powerful Looper, Vinyl Break, and Ducking Comp effects borrowed from the Kaoss Pad Quad.
- Internal mic plus external audio inputs.
- Support for pitch change and cue point settings allows serious DJ play..
- Record your performances and save then to using the microSD card slot.
- 6 preset audio demo loops.
The mini KAOSS PAD 2 will be available May 2012, priced May MSRP $220 USD.
More information: Korg / mini KAOSS PAD 2
TC-Helicon has announced its new VoiceLive Play compact multi fx pedal.
VoiceLive Play is a new take on a compact multi effects unit for singers, but it is also so much more.
Obviously it is packed with TC-Helicon’s pro-level effects tailored specifically for vocalists and state-of-the-art harmony processing yet it is in the details where ’Play’ really shines.
Basically, singers will be catered to as if a dedicated vocal producer was sitting inside the box, always ready to fulfill their every wish and follow their slightest move.
VoiceLive Play features
- Complete Vocal Path – Tone, Harmony, HardTune, Reverb, Double and more.
- Auto Key Detection – Harmonies Can Follow your Favorite Songs.
- Practice Mode – Sing along and Analyze Vocal Performance.
- Tone – Global Adaptive EQ, Compression, De-ess, Gate and Pitch Correction.
- VLOOP Performance Looper with Undo/Redo.
- RoomSense Microphones for Auto Key, Monitoring, Practicing and Recording.
- Navigate Over 200 Presets by Genre or Effect with Favorites.
- Aux Input for Connecting an MP3 player..
- Stereo XLR, Headphone and USB Stereo Outputs.
- Low-noise Mic Preamp with Phantom Power.
- Optional MP-75 Modern Performance Vocal Microphone with Mic Control.
- Preset Download and Management Using VoiceSupport and USB.
VoiceLive Play is scheduled for release in Winter 2012, with an estimated price of $249.99 USD / 249 EUR SSP.
More information: TC-Helicon / VoiceLive Play
BOSS has announced it is now shipping the RC-300 Loop Station, the new flagship model in its industry-leading lineup of real-time phrase loopers.
Equipped with multitrack loop phrases, three hours of stereo recording time, built-in effects, enhanced real-time control options, USB, and much more, the RC-300 is a dream machine for the growing legions of instrumentalists and vocalists that incorporate live looping in their musical performances.
The RC-300 replaces the popular RC-50, improving on its powerful predecessor in nearly every way. Like the RC-50, it’s housed in an ultra-durable metal chassis that’s built to last, and offers 99 different memory locations, each with three independent stereo or mono loop phrases. But, the RC-300 ups the ante big time with three hours of recording and loop storage, more than seven times the amount available in the RC-50. The RC-300 also provides newly enhanced options for controlling loop phrases, including dedicated REC/DUB/PLAY and STOP footswitches for each phrase, an ALL START/STOP footswitch, and an expression pedal for real-time effects control.
- Three stereo tracks with dedicated footswitches and controls for each.
- Dedicated fader per track.
- Expression pedal for effects control in real time.
- Up to three hours of internal recording and 99 onboard memories.
- 16 onboard effects optimized for looping.
- XLR Microphone input with phantom power.
- USB storage; import/export WAV files.
The RC-300 is now available to purchase for the MSRP of $768.50 USD.
More information: BOSS / RC-300
, Native Instruments
, Peter Dines
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 08, 2011
Peter Dines has announced the Threefer Deal, offering a bundle of his Reaktor ensembles at a discount.
The Halloween sale was such a success I’ve decided to extend a discount on a semipermanent basis: The Threefer Deal.
Purchase all three of Loupe, Mirage and ParamDrum for Reaktor and get a 33% discount. So instead of $45 for the full package, you get all three for $30!
More information: Peter Dines