LOSER has released a public beta of Simple Peak Limiter, a freeware limiter VST plug-in coded in C/C++.
- Controls for Threshold, Out Ceiling and Saturation
- VST version 2.3 (32bit)
- Supported Samplerates: Any (as far as known)
- Ins: 2 / Outs: 2
Simple Peak Limiter comes in three versions (all included in the download), which have varied amount of controls (1, 2 or all 3 of the controls mentioned above).
LOSER Simple Peak Limiter (SP3Limiter, with all 3 controls)
The saturation control adds non-linearity to the signal, compareable to a tube warmer-like effect. It generally makes the output louder (regarding RMS level, while remaining its peak level).
You can download the Simple Peak Limiter package here.
LOSER has released a beta of DVC (Digital Versatile Compressor), a freeware VST compressor effect plug-in.
DVC comes in 3 versions, Master, Standard, and Lite (with Master having the most controls, Lite the least).
- VST 2.3 (32bit)
- Support for any samplerate
- 4 (Lite=2) ins / 2 outs
- no GUI (default GUI of host)
- Controls: Threshold, Ratio, Knee[MS], Attack Start[MS], Attack, Attack Shape[M], Hold[M], Release, Release Shape[M], Envelope Detector[MS*], Smoothen Envelope[M], RMS Size[MS], Low-Pass[MS], High-Pass[MS], Listen[Ms], Feed[MS], Make-Up, Bypass Mix (on FP)[M], Output, Dry Mix[MS]
[M] = Master only
[MS] = Master+Standard only
*available on Lite, but not configurable
s = reduced on Standard (compared to the Master version)
- (Soft-)Knee on the DVC isn’t uber round, will be adressed at some point.
- FBQ doesn’t work on DET mode (DVC Master).
- High CPU usage (depending on settings).
You can download the DVC beta here.