Image-Line has announced the release of Drumaxx, a virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac.
The Drumaxx percussion modeling instrument gives you total control over 16 physically modeled drum pads that can be routed to independent outputs for external effects processing.
Drumaxx is not based on samples or even commonly used ‘synthesis’ techniques, where oscillators are mixed and the result is always ‘electronic’. Drumaxx uses modeling algorithms to create bass drums, hi-hats, snares, realistic and electronic sounds too. But what about the traditional ‘Achilles’ heel’ of synthesis, cymbals? Drumaxx creates cymbals and metallic percussion also.
At the core of Drumaxx is a model where the vibrating membrane is represented as a mesh of interconnected points. Each point is given physical properties including mass, inertia, stiffness, damping, and all that good physics stuff. For the musician, this means Drumaxx gives you control over multiple parameters such as material, thickness, tension and shape. More importantly, the parameters can be modulated in real-time as a function of velocity or external controls. The drum body is also under user control too, including body material, size, vibration damping, and shape. All this gives you multi-dimensional performance options, a Matrix of variables providing nearly infinite possibilities.
- 16 Physically modeled drum pads
- Multi-output for individual effects processing on each pad
- Huge range of modeling possibilities covering sounds from cymbals to kettle-drums
- Velocity modulation matrix for detailed expressiveness
- Integrated Stepsequencer with trigger-key playback
- Integrated effects
- Single-pad version ‘Drumpad’ available for tight integration with FL Studio
Drumaxx is available for PC and Mac (VST/AU/Standalone) for an introductory “pay what you think it’s worth” price until 31 March, 2010, with a minimum of $13 USD to cover costs. Image-Line will donate 1 USD from each sale to support Haiti earthquake victims.
More information: Image-Line / Drumaxx
, effect plugins
, IK Multimedia
, low price
Posted in news
on Feb 10, 2010
audioMIDI has announced another No-Brainer deal, this time for IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube 2 Live, a guitar and bass tone gear modeling software for Windows and Mac.
AmpliTube 2 Live is a complete guitar amp modeling solution and effects powerhouse with ultra accurate models of the most sought after gear and the ability to mix and match separate components to build your own amps and craft a unique and ultimate tone. It comes both as a standalone application and a plug-in compatible with your favorite recording software, including Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, GarageBand, and others.
Fully MIDI-controllable, AmpliTube 2 Live is based on AmpliTube 2’s unique DSM™ technology and includes three guitar and bass amplifier models of the most sought after vintage gear for a total of 15 amp combination possibilities, 11 effects, a built-in tuner, an amazing selection of over 128 customizable user presets, and SpeedTrainer, an integrated audio player with pitch and speed control, ideal for learning your favorite songs.
AmpliTube 2 Live also includes AmpliTube X-GEAR, with additional amps and cabinets, dual rig and the possibility to use AmpliTube 2 Live with any other “Powered by AmpliTube” software with full mixing and matching between the included models.
AmpliTube 2 Live features
- Two separate modules: tuner + configurable stomp pedal board, and amp head + cabinet + mic.
- Nine stomp effects plus spring reverb and noise gate.
- Three amp models.
- Four cabinet and two microphone models.
- Digital tuner.
- Standalone and VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for all popular DAW platforms.
- Includes SpeedTrainer™ for playing along with your favorite recordings.
- Includes AmpliTube X-GEAR for seamless integration with all the other “Powered by AmpliTube” products, MIDI control and StompIO integration.
- Powered by AmpliTube® with exclusive DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology for award-winning sound & realistic feel.
- Mac OS X (including Leopard) and XP/Vista compatible.
AmpliTube 2 Live is available to purchase from audioMIDI for $15 USD until March 8, 2010 (regular price $99 USD).
More information: audioMIDI
GotchaNoddin.com has released Crude Claps, the first in its new $1 High Definition drum sample series.
Get vulgar, get backward, get crass using crude clap drum samples in high definition format. Value at a great price, this clap drum kit will help polish a clumsy beat, drum loop or music production and add raw claps to the mix. Layer this sound kit with your main drums, mix it low, put it in the pocket of your beat or use it for unusual raunchiness.
If you’re a music producer trying to find the right sounds, these clap sounds will get you started and quick. Anytime you need filthy claps to grimy up your beat just load up crude clap drum sounds.
Crude Claps features
- 16 high definition mastered sounds in 32, 24, 16bit and 44.1kHz format.
- Use these clap drum samples for seasoning and unique sound design on Hip Hop, RnB, Reggaeton, Dance or any style track.
- Pre-programmed with 1 program file to load with the Akai MPC 500, Akai MPC 1000, Akai MPC 2000/XL (1 Floppy Disks), Akai MPC 2500, Akai MPC 3000 (1 Floppy Disks), Akai MPC 4000, Akai MPC 5000, Roland MV 8000, Roland MV 8800, Reason Refills, Korg Triton (1 Floppy Disks) and can be imported into the Roland Fantom Series Keyboards and the Roland MC-909 (with additional RAM installed).
- When choosing the Wav Samples format, the patch files to Native Instruments Battery, Kontakt, Apple Logic EXS 24 .exs, Steinberg Halion are included.
Crude Claps is available to download for $1 USD.
More information: GotchaNoddin.com / Crude Claps
FabFilter has announced the release of Micro, a new lightweight filter plug-in that makes the classic FabFilter sound more affordable than ever.
Featuring the classic filter first developed for the FabFilter One synthesizer with low-pass and high-pass filter shapes, it will be no surprise that FabFilter Micro has a smooth and creamy sound that will turn into raw self-oscillating madness at a flick of the Peak knob. Yet even at full resonance, the filter always maintains an analog-like balance, happily saturating and clipping the incoming sound without exhibiting the digital artifacts and impurities that most other filters suffer from.
The built-in envelope follower offers more creative filter effects by letting you modulate the filter cut-off frequency depending on the amplitude of the incoming signal. Furthermore, the separate input and output gain controls make it easy to amplify or reduce the internal filter saturation at will by adjusting the level of the incoming signal before it hits the filter internals.
Naturally, FabFilter Micro contains all those FabFilter goodies that you’ve come to expect: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, and AltiVec and SSE optimization.
FabFilter Micro is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for 15 EUR/$22 USD/£14 GBP. Bundles with FabFilter Micro and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase FabFilter Micro with a discount by logging in to their online user account.
More information: FabFilter / Micro
db audioware has announced a price drop for Flying Haggis, a virtual guitar amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The flying haggis is a rare Scottish creature which brings great happiness to those lucky enough to encounter it, and is the inspiration for this fine virtual guitar amp. No, really.
Flying Haggis is a great sounding, expressive amp with a highly usable, no-nonsense design and a character all of its own. Rather than follow the current trend of analysing and simulating existing hardware, we have designed this amp the old fashioned way – using our ears.
Flying Haggis features
- Traditionally designed amp with its own unique sound
- All-round performer, excels at clean and subtle tones
- Ultra low latency for responsive live playing
- Irresistible user interface
- Flexible preset management in standalone player and plug-ins
- Optimised for live performances
- Full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn
- Plug-ins for PC Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST, Audio Units)
- Standalone player for PC and Mac (Universal Binary)
Flying Haggis is now available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), priced at $10 USD (regular price $99 USD).
More information: db audioware / Flying Haggis
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, low price
, Nomad Factory
Posted in news
on Nov 30, 2009
audioMIDI.com has announced another No-Brainer Deal: Nomad Factory Blue Tubes Analog TrackBox, an all-purpose channel strip tool designed for ultimate sound quality and audio character for maximum musical flexibility.
The new Blue Tubes Analog TrackBox is the latest addition to the Blue Tubes Plug-ins range, and combines all the best elements of the Tube Emulator, CP2S compressor and PEQ332 parametric equaliser to create a truly flexible and spectacular sounding valve front end for any audio system.
Blue Tubes Analog TrackBox features
- Tube (12AX7) Amount variable from 0 to 100%
- Tube Color variable from ±10
- Tube Dual-Triode variable from single to dual
- Tube bypass switch
- Gate Threshold variable from 0 to -60dB
- Gate Attack Time variable from 0.2 to 400 ms
- Gate Release Time variable from 50 to 2000 ms
- Gate bypass switch
- Compressor Threshold variable from 0 to -60dB
- Compressor Attack Time variable from 1 to 400 ms
- Compressor Release Time variable from 50 to 2000 ms
- Compressor Ratio variable from 1:1 to 10:1
- Compressor MakeUp variable from ±15dB of gain
- Compressor Pre/Post EQ switch
- Compressor bypass switch
- 2 bands shelving equalisation
- 2 bands parametric equalization
- 2 bands pass-filters
- LF band variable from 40Hz to 600Hz – low-shelf
- LMF band variable from 200Hz to 2.5kHz – low-mid-parametric
- HMF band variable from 600Hz to 7.5kHz – high-mid-parametric
- HF band variable from 1.5kHz to 16kHz – high-shelf
- HPF variable from 20Hz to 80Hz
- LPF variable from 10kHz to 18kHz
- Each band offers ±15dB of gain and variable Bandwidth-Q
- Unique EQ bypass switch for all bands
- Input and output level controls giving ±15dB trim
- Peak-Limiter control
- Easy-to-use vintage interface with VU Meters.
- Windows XP / Vista32 and Mac OS X (Intel & PPC) supported
- VST, AU and RTAS supported
- 24 bit / 192 kHz supported
Nomad Factory Blue Tubes Analog TrackBox is available to purchase from audioMIDI.com for $15 USD (regular price $189 USD).
More information: audioMIDI.com / Nomad Factory Blue Tubes Analog TrackBox
Related: Applied Acoustics Systems
, instrument plugins
, low price
Posted in news
on Oct 13, 2009
audioMIDI.com has announced a “No Brainer” deal for Applied Acoustics Systems Ultra Analog VA-1, a 32-voice polyphonic virtual analog synthesizer entirely based on physical modeling for outstanding sound quality.
ILIO Entertainments, Applied Acoustic Systems and audioMIDI.com have teamed up to offer an exclusive plug-in deal- AAS Ultra Analog VA-1 at an unbelievably low price! A serial number will be sent via email once your orders is processed.
The Finest In Analog Sounds
Ultra Analog is a unique and powerful synth that is fast, easy and remarkably versatile. Ultra Analog offers 32 voices of polyphony and its highly adaptable signal path is driven by two super rich, alias- free oscillators featuring standard waveforms, sub oscillators, hard sync, and integrated pitch envelopes. Two audacious multimode filters with distortion are then applied to shape its sonic character. Finally, carefully chosen modulation options are provided by two syncable comprehensive LFOs, four loopable velocity sensitive ADSR envelope generators and vibrato.
Ultra Analog VA-1 is available from audioMIDI.com for $15 USD (List Price $199 USD).
More information: audioMIDI.com / Ultra Analog VA-1
Xenos Soundworks has announced a time-limited 70% discount on all its soundbanks.
From now until Wednesday, September 22nd, all Xenos Soundworks VSTi soundbanks are available for purchase at INSANELY LOW PRICES!
- Cobalt: Hip Hop Collection – $1 USD
- Gladiator: Second Wind – $4 USD
- V-Station: EDM Underworld – $4 USD
- Vanguard: No Trance – $4 USD
All pre-existing customers are entitled to $10 USD off their next purchase.
More information: Xenos Soundworks