Focusrite has announced the ISA Two, a classic dual mono transformer-based microphone preamplifier.
You may only need a couple of mic preamps, but they need to be the very best. The ISA Two dual-mono mic pre is the ideal solution: two independent channels of the highest quality classic Focusrite mic pres, with line in and front-panel instrument inputs – no DI box required. Based on the legendary designs found in the Focusrite Forte and Studio Consoles, ISA Two is the ideal front-end for your rack.
ISA Two features
- Two ISA series transformer-based mic preamplifiers: Based around the Lundahl LL1538 transformer, they each provide +80dB of clean gain.
- Variable cutoff high-pass filter: 18dB/Octave high-pass filter with continuously variable cutoff from 16Hz to 420Hz.
- Selectable input impedance: Four input impedance settings.
- Separate instrument & line inputs: DI inputs on the front panel. TRS Line inputs on the back.
- Dedicated, switchable per-channel insert point: For connecting outboard audio processors.
- Eight-step LED meters: To provide visual feedback: can be calibrated using rear-panel controls.
Focusrite is launching the launch latest in the ISA range of microphone preamplifiers at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt (B68 in Hall 5.1). Price and release date tba.