, Impact Soundworks
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Apr 02, 2014 - 0 comments
VST Buzz has announced a limited time deal on the Plectra Series Bundle by Impact Soundworks, offering the sample library bundle at a 45% discount.
Grab a HUGE 45% off the “Plectra Series Bundle” by Impact Soundworks – a bundle of unique, beautiful and deeply-sampled stringed instruments from Europe including the 8-string acoustic bouzouki, Kazakh dombra, Celtic harp, lyre, and lap harp.
The Plectra Series bundle brings you an ancient fretted lute from Kazakhstan with a bright, percussive tone, a Celtic harp, lyre and lap harp that evoke images of the Irish countryside, Appalachian splendor, tall tales and a heart mug of mead beside a crackling fire and an intimate, close-miced bouzouki that’s ideal for traditional, folk, medieval and Renaissance music as well as modern scores in any number of styles.
The Plectra Series Bundle is available from VST Buzz for $59 USD until April 8th, 2014 (regular $109 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Sound Magic has announced China Impression, a bundle of three virtual Chinese traditional instruments: China Story Erhu, Laurel Pipa and Bamboo Dreams Bawu.
These 3 instruments can help musician to bring Classic Asian/Chinese flavor into their music. At the mean time, it also saves money.
China Story Erhu features Erhu, which is also regarded as Chinese Violin. This instrument is the main string instrument used in traditional Chinese music and you can hear it nearly in every Hollywood movie which has Chinese elements.
Laurel Pipa features Pipa, which is also called Chinese lute. In traditional Chinese music, Pipa plays the same role as guitar.
Bamboo Dreams Bawu features Bawu, which is a woodwind instrument.
The China Impression bundle costs 249 EUR. Existing users of China Story Erhu, Laurel Pipa and Bamboo Dreams Bawu can upgrade at the difference between the bundle price and purchase products.
More information: Sound Magic / China Impression
Impact Soundworks has announced the release of its Plectra Series 3: Kazakh Dombra deep-sampled world instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This Kontakt-format library captures the sound of the national instrument of Kazakhstan, a fretted two-stringed lute with a bright, percussive tone, and turns it into a highly playable and versatile composer’s tool.
The “Kazakh Dombra” includes a thorough selection of crucial articulations and playing techniques, ranging from sustains and palm mutes to mordents, trills, tremolos, slides, legato playing, and more, all sampled in incredible depth. The flexible graphical interface allows users to custom map the instrument any way they would like with a minimum of effort.
“Kazakh Dombra” features 1,500+ 24-bit stereo WAV samples organized within a single patch in the Native Instruments Kontakt format. The instrument’s two strings were sampled chromatically up to 16 times per articulation and per note for an incredibly realistic sound. By design, the library is highly intuitive to play or sequence in any digital audio workstation.
Kazakh Dombra features
- Deep-sampled two-stringed lute.
- Up to 16x RR per note (8x up/8x down).
- Intimate close-miced sound.
- Scripted interface for easy tone control.
- Sustains, trills, mordents, tremolo.
- Mutes, hammer-ons, slides.
- Custom velocity/keyswitch mapping.
- Full chokes, strums & repetition triggers.
Plectra Series 3: Kazakh Dombra is available to purchase for $29 USD.
More information: Impact Soundworks
Sound Magic has announced the release of Liang’s Pipa, a virtual pipa instrument.
The Pipa is a four-stringed Chinese musical instrument which has a pear-shaped wooden body with a varying number of frets ranging from 12-26, belonging to the plucked category of instruments. The Pipa is able to express a wide range of emotions. It can be bright and harsh when you need to portray battles or great tension. The Pipa can also melt your heart with it’s warm expressive tones on sad songs or love ballads. Liang’s Pipa gives you more than 10 expression controls, allowing an amazing range of expression.
The Pipa, also known as the Chinese lute, is one of the most popular Chinese instruments and has been played for almost two thousand years. In comparison to western instruments such as violins or guitars, the Pipa has traditionally been dependent on many performance skills to produce it’s wide variations in sound. Liang’s Pipa is the largest sampled Pipa to appear on the market. Our 2.5GB library covers nearly all existing performance skills of Pipa, with over 15 categories and 60 variations.
To ensure the maximum accuracy and musicality in the reproduction of this complex and beautiful sound, Sound Magic invited the virtuoso from the prestigious Central Academy of Drama in Beijing to record their wide variety of sounds. To make it easier for you to sound like one of these world reknowned Pipa performers, Sound Magic has developed a simpler set of controls to let you control all 60 skills on the fly.
Liang’s Pipa features
- High Quality 24Bit/96KHz Resolution Samples..
- VSTi/AU/ Kontakt Format, VSTi supports Sound Magic’s Add-on System.
- Patented Multi-Dimension Vector Synthesis (MVS) Technologies.
- Over 2.5GB size and over 2000 samples.
- Key Switch, Mod switch different groups of samples.
- Multi Layer Velocity Sample provides realistic experience..
- Unique Effects Samples.
- Over 15 categories, 60 kinds of performance skills .
The sound library for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99 USD as a download.
More information: Sound Magic / Liang’s Pipa
Splurgo Audio has announced the release of three new Bundle packs.
- Best of 2011 *Bundle Pack* – This pack contains the 10 best selling sample packs of 2011 for a discounted price. This pack includes: Darbuka Loops Pack 1, Tambura, Sitar, Arabic Flute, Banjo Loops Pack 3, Surf Guitar Loops, Piano Loops Pack 4, Bodhran, Accordion and Indian Female Vocals. All 400 loops are available in Acid Pro Wav and Apple Garageband AIFF.
- Piano Loops *Bundle Pack* – This pack contains all Piano themed sample packs. In this pack included: Piano Loops Pack 1, 2, 3, 4, Piano Arpeggio Loops and Baby Grand Piano Loops Pack 1 and 2. All 375 loops are available in Acid Pro Wav and Apple Garageband AIFF.
- Electric Guitar: Heavy Stuff *Bundle Pack* – This pack contains all sample packs containing electric guitar with distortion or overdrive. In this pack included: Hard Rock Guitar, Metal Guitar Loops, Rock & Blues Guitar and Punk Guitar Loops. All 815 loops are available in Acid Pro Wav and Apple Garageband AIFF.
The Best of 2011 and Piano Loops bundles are $34.95 USD each; Electric Guitar: Heavy Stuff is $49.95 USD.
More information: Splurgo Audio
Realsamples has announced the release of German Lautenwerck – Edition Beurmann, a sample library featuring a Lautenwerck (Lute-Harpsichord).
Despite 50 Lautenwerck builders in Germany, not a single instrument survived throughout the centuries. When the instruments had vanished, the awareness had gone as well: Only a couple of decades ago, musicologists found out that such an instrument had existed, solving the mystery of scores mentioning being written for Lautenwercke. Until then, one would have guessed that the composer meant a regular lute instrument by that notion. When the knowledge of it had resurfaced, Professor Beurmann had a reconstruction built by Ludwig Richter in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
The instrument is now available for the first time in the sampler within the German Lautenwerck library, presented in its original Valotti tuning at 412 Hz (presets at 440 Hz are available as well).
German Lautenwerck – Edition Beurmann features
- Nearly 700 single samples in total
- 8 different samples of each note
- 4 different release sounds of each note
- Ready to play HAlion®/Kontakt2®/EXS24® or GigaStudio3® presets
- Wave format (except GigaStudio® version)
- No mastering applied
- Recorded in 192 khz/24 bits resolution and downsampled
- DVD or CD set
- License-free applicable in your music
The German Lautenwerck – Edition Beurmann library is available to purchase for $139.95 USD excl. VAT and postage.
More information: Realsamples / German Lautenwerck – Edition Beurmann