LVC-Audio has released updates for ClipShifter, HotPhuzz, PhreePhuzz, PreAMPed, Toned, TonedPLUS, and Transector.
LVC-Audio TonedPLUS, a specialized tone shaping effect plug-in.
Changes in LVC-Audio plug-ins
- Improved HQ oversampling.
- Update for compatibility with Pro Tools 11.2 (AAX).
- Text entry fix for controls with negative-only values (e.g., typing “5” will automatically be recognized as -5).
- Improve meter reset when clicking on the VU Text readout (on most plugins).
- Standardized meter ballistics across all plugins.
- Signed OS X installers.
- Fixed unnecessary fast fade-in when playback was stopped and started.
- Revised preset loading and saving function to “future-proof” loading older presets in new version of plugin.
- TonedPLUS: New 2x drive control for more saturation.
- TonedPLUS: New auto gain control to automatically adjust the output gain level.
- TonedPLUS: New wide range two-band parametric EQ – this is a lot of knobs, but they are worth it.
- Toned: Increased the Drive control to +18 dB for a little more grit.
- Transector: finally, support for AAX and RTAS on OS X.
- PreAMPed: new frequency-variable noise algorithm as used on TonedPLUS.
The updates are now available to download.
More information: LVC-Audio
, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 05, 2014 - 0 comments
LVC-Audio has announced the release of Toned and TonedPLUS, two tone shaping effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
TonedPLUS is a specialized tone shaping plugin with selectable analog modeling.
Toned is released as part of the KVR DC 14, and is a free plugin. TonedPLUS expands on many of the features of Toned. Both plugins are designed for two-track busses or mastering. They feature a three-band tone matrix (switchable to two-bands), and a specially-designed high pass filter.
Both plugins also use the same analog modeling engine found in PreAMPed. Toned contains a fixed analog model, while TonedPLUS allows users to select between 7 different input coupling types (e.g., IC, discrete, transformers, etc.) and 5 different amp types.
Toned is available as a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014. TonedPLUS (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $35 USD until August 31st, 2014.
More information: LVC-Audio
LVC-Audio has announced beta support for RTAS and AAX formats for Mac OS X for its PreAMPed, ClipShifter, and HotPhuzz effect plug-ins.
HotPhuzz public beta for Pro Tools now also available.
In addition to support for RTAS and AAX formats, the updates also fix a common bug with the user interface. This prevented text entry on Macs, and made the text appear the incorrect size on many Windows and Mac computers. Although PhreePhuzz currently does not support RTAS/AAX, an update is provided to correct the text problem. To update, just proceed to the plugin pages to download the latest versions.
To celebrate the updates, you can get an 11% discount (for Pro Tools 11, of course). Just enter PT11 during checkout. This code will be valid until the end of May.
More information: LVC-Audio
LVC-Audio has announced the release of HotPhuzz, a saturation designer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It is a creative tool that specializes in the creation of distinct saturation tones. HotPhuzz uses a multiband distortion process to create vintage, modern, and unique saturation effects.
Although HotPhuzz can be pushed into over distortion, it excels at creating more moderate saturation sounds. You can call the sounds whatever terms you like, but it still sounds good.
- Saturation creation tool with infinite combinations of saturation sounds.
- Four distinct saturation algorithms with three extra modes for enabling even-order distortion (7 modes total).
- Blend control to mix between two separate saturation algorithms.
- Multiband saturation design.
- Stereo controls, including balance, stereo width, and mid/side processing option.
- Adjustable output clipper with selectable routing configuration.
- Selectable oversampling (linear phase 2x, 4x, and 8x oversampling).
- User-friendly graphical input and output metering with VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters.
HotPhuzz for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for $25 USD.
More information: LVC-Audio / HotPhuzz
LVC-Audio has released version 1.0.2 of PreAMPed and version 2.2.3 of ClipShifter, two effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
PreAMPed recreates many of the qualities of analog preamplifiers.
This includes subtle EQ response curves, low- and high- frequency saturation, differences between left and right signals, crosstalk, noise, transformer/coil impulse response, and saturation and EQ changes due to gain changes.
Changes in PreAMPed v1.0.2
- Fixed frequency response issue (preamp models) with stopping and restarting playback while oversampling is engaged.
- Increased maximum value of saturation knob control.
- Increase the range of the output gain control and input trim control.
- Fixed potential memory issues when closing the plugin.
- Improved saturation algorithms for Limit, Black, Modern, BlueB, Old, and TapeD models.
ClipShifter is a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter.
It provides enough user controls to be useful in all mixing stages: from distorting basses and drums, to maximizing mix buses and warming-up overall mixes. The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression.
Changes in ClipShifter v2.2.3
- Fixed incorrect stereo width settings in presets (i.e., stereo width set to mono).
- New peak clipping meters.
- Fixed color initialization issue with VST3 format.
- Fixed potential memory issue when closing the plugin.
PreAMPed and ClipShifter are available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $47.70 USD and $19.61 USD, respectively.
More information: LVC-Audio
LVC-Audio has launched a beta of PhreePhuzz, a free saturation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. PhreePhuzz utilizes many underlying technologies used to create PreAMPed. PhreePhuzz can be pushed into overt distortion; however, it excels … read more
LVC-Audio has released version 1.0.1 of PreAMPed, an effect plug-in that is designed to simulate many of the analog qualities of hardware preamplifiers. This includes subtle EQ response curves, low- and high- frequency saturation, differences … read more
LVC-Audio has released version 1.1.0 of Transector, a transient shaping effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. The most notable new features include separate clipping and saturation controls for the Attack transient phase, improved oversampling using … read more
LVC-Audio has released public beta version 1.0.1 of its PreAMPed audio plugin that recreates many of the qualities of analog preamplifiers. The purpose of the release is to ensure that as many bugs are fixed … read more
LVC-Audio has announced the release of PreAMPed, a virtual preamp modeling plug-in for Windows and Mac. PreAMPed is an audio plugin that recreates many of the qualities of analog preamplifiers. PreAMPed has 13 distinct preamp … read more
LVC-Audio has released version 2.2 of ClipShifter, a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter. ClipShifter can function as a static clipping effect, but it can also respond to the transient qualities of … read more
LVC-Audio has introduced Transector, a highly customizable transient designer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Transient + Dissector = Transector Transector is a transient design audio plugin, used to attenuate various transient qualities of an … read more
LVC-Audio has released version 2.1 of ClipShifter, a clipping-style limiter effect plug-in that provides enough user controls to be useful in all mixing stages. ClipShifter uses a unique threshold control to change the clipping threshold … read more
LVC-Audio has released version 2.0 of ClipShifter, a clipping-style limiter effect plug-in for Windows. ClipShifter uses a unique threshold control to change the clipping threshold dynamically based on the transient characteristics of the incoming audio. … read more
LVC-Audio has released version 1.1 beta of the Clip Shifter audio effect plug-in for Windows. Clip Shifter is a plugin designed to provide saturation and clipping effects to your audio. This can be useful for … read more
LVC-Audio’s entry to the KVR Developer Challenge 2012 is Clip Shifter, a plugin designed to provide saturation and clipping effects to your audio. This can be useful for individual tracks such as kick, snare, room … read more