Mackie has announced a complete redesign of the MRmk2, its bestselling line of ultra-affordable powered studio monitors.
Featuring class-leading power with unmatched clarity and definition at its price point, the new series is sure to please those looking for a professional monitoring solution for project studios, edit suites and home theatres alike.
“Mackie is well known for delivering professional monitoring solutions at affordable prices,” remarked Mackie product manager, Matt Redmon. “Our new MRmk2 monitors deliver on all fronts, from an extended low-frequency response unmatched in their category, to the clear definition of mids and highs upon which engineers stake their reputations.”
Mackie MRmk2 studio monitors feature all-new professional transducers specifically designed to match their respective amplification. Both models employ a 1˝ neodymium magnet-driven soft dome tweeter featuring ferro-fluid cooling to help protect against power compression during wide dynamic playback. The 5.25˝ (MR5mk2) and 8˝ (MR8mk2) hyperbolic-curved cone woofers reduce severe cone resonances, drastically minimizing distortion.
The powerful, precision Class A/B amplifier section features XLR, TRS and RCA connectivity, along with user-adjustable acoustic controls for simple room correction. The robust cabinet is rear-ported, reducing distortion, and features an optimally-sized custom Waveguide and molded baffle, offering balance to the HF / LF content while increasing both the stereo imaging and depth of field.
More information: Mackie / MRmk2
Eyosido has released eyoControl, a set of MIDI controllers for iPad.
eyoControl lets you control your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software from your iPad in various ways, such as a control surface or a virtual instrument.
eyoControl communicates with your DAW through the dedicated eyoControl Server running on a laptop or desktop Mac computer. The eyoControl Server lets you connect multiple iPads running eyoControl to play virtual instruments alltogether on the same DAW. eyoControl supports most DAW software such as Logic, Cubase… Check the blog for news about eyoControl.
- Surface: a control surface supporting the Mackie Control protocol. Surface presents a traditional Mixer view with per-track buttons/knobs/faders, and a Panel View with quick access to the status of 64 tracks. Supports major DAW such as Logic, Cubase…
- Pad: a 4/6/8/12-pads MIDI controller with tap-location sensitive (controls MIDI note velocity) pads suitable to play drum parts. Each pad has a configurable color/MIDI channel/note. A global velocity slider adds up to the velocity control of each pad.
- Keys: a dual keyboard MIDI controller with separate MIDI channels assignable per keyboard. Choose among three key widths per keyboard, and customize key colors. A global velocity slider controls note velocity.
- …and more controllers to come in future versions!
eyoControl is available to purchase from the iTunes App Store for $6.99 USD.
More information: Eyosido
OneLeaf Software has released version 0.8.6 of GenMce – Redux, a Generic Mackie Control Emulator for Windows.
It translates your (hardware) midi controller, into an approximation of the mixer section of a Mackie Control Universal. (mcu)
It is designed to allow you to use your midi controller to it’s maximum potential in your audio, and possibly video creative projects without having to reprogram your controller.
GenMce – Redux, MIDI translator for Windows
GenMce – Redux features
- It works in banks of 8 tracks – as many as you have.
- For each track you get
- plugin / EQ / returns (depends on host/daw)
- mute/solo/arm/ (multifunction mutes – see manual)
- Channel select and vpot select
- fader plus a jog wheel as well as some specific daw commands like punch in/out – bank up and down.
- LCD display emulation.
- Fader feedback.
- Fader scaling to match a fixed end controller.
- Multifunction Mutes – triggered from your midi controller using cc’s/notes or hotkeys.
- Ability to use computer keyboard hotkeys to trigger multifunction mutes and other commands.
- Modular – meaning you can disable sections and have controller data pass through if needed.
- Autodaw detection for Cubase/Live/Reaper/Sonar*/Adobe Audition*, and possibly others (* not verified).
- Jog Wheel – from a midi controller AND mouse wheel.
- Lower cpu load and smaller file size than GenMce 1.632.
GenMce – Redux for Windows is available to download at no cost. A Reaper specific version .88 is available as well. Donations are appreciated.
More information: OneLeaf Software
, audio editor
Posted in news
on Oct 07, 2010 - 0 comments
PreSonus has released version 1.6 of its Studio One Pro and Studio One Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows.
Artists of all levels, from beginner to seasoned professional, will find Studio One a serious alternative to the intimidating, bloated offerings currently considered the standards. It’s a groundbreaking music creation and production application for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista/7 that makes audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering ridiculously simple right out of the box.
Changes in Studio One v1.6
- Major Changes and Fixes
- Free routing in mixer with infinite nested buses.
- Added Mackie HUI support.
- Added VST 3.1 support (Knob mode support).
- Added Chinese language support.
- Added Transmit option for mapped controllers in Control Link.
- Minor Changes and Fixes
- Resizing Modifier for Note Editor: CMD = same length; ALT = same position.
- Save last filename in Export dialog.
- Autosave is now On as the default.
- REX file support in Windows and OS X 64-bit versions.
- MTC could stutter.
- Crash when switching track between Mono and Stereo.
- Crash with Export Stems.
- Offset in Mixdown when routing through buses.
- Mackie Control display not working.
- Transpose command limited to ±36 in Editor.
- Paint Tool with [Ctrl]/[Cmd] modifier not allowing resize and drag in Editor.
- Legato and Retrigger had no function in Mojito.
- Project length calculation was wrong when disabling last track.
- Keyboard focus issues with OS X.
- Updated Gear driver installer should solve CD burning issues with some drives.
- Fast Forward and Rewind now supported on MMC devices.
- Crash when removing Control Link device.
Registered users can download the update by logging into their PreSonus account.
More information: PreSonus / Studio One
eaReckon has released version 1.1.1 of BloXpander, a music application originally designed to meet the requirements of musicians and engineers in “live” situations.
BloXpander combines the power of a computer and the efficiency of a dedicated device. Its interface has been designed to match this basic specification. It is visually attractive and clear, the construction of projects and the access to prepared instruments and effects is very fast. The plugins manipulation is direct (especially when BloXpander is coupled to an external MIDI controller).
Changes in BloXpander v1.1.1
- New Windowed Mode: BloXpander can now work as a windowed application.
You can select a small size window (930×600 min.) to keep space on screen for other applications or, if you have large enough multiple screens, you can choose to display all the 24 channels, 4 aux buses and master bus in a large 3230×900 window. Intermediate sizes are also available. By default, full screen mode is active (Windowed Mode and Window Size settings are available in the “System” panel).
- Improved: Better handling of “secured mouse events”.
- Fixed: A bug introduced in 1.1.0 could have improperly routed MIDI events coming from different MIDI input ports.
BloXpander is available to purchase for Windows PC, priced at 69 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / BloXpander
eaReckon has released version 1.1.0 of BloXpander, a major update to the music application for Windows.
BloXpander is a music application originally designed to meet the requirements of musicians and engineers in “live” situations. BloXpander combines the power of a computer and the efficiency of a dedicated device.
Its interface has been designed to match this basic specification. It is visually attractive and clear, the construction of projects and the access to prepared instruments and effects is very fast. The plugins manipulation is direct (especially when BloXpander is coupled to an external MIDI controller).
Changes in BloXpander v1.1.0
- IO Modules:
- A left click on MIDI/Audio Inputs/Outputs and ASIO driver labels brings a panel to front. Even if these panels featuring big buttons are an easier way to select ports from a touch screen, they are mostly a place for some of the new features in version 1.1.0.
- The MIDI Input Module provides advanced MIDI routing and processing options. Now you can quickly draw multiple links between MIDI channels and set how each of these links is going to be processed. The MIDI processor includes notes, velocity, CC filters and a global transposition parameter.
- The Audio Input Module features a channel selector.
- Mini Sysex Librarian: Receive, import, store and send Sysex messages the easy way.
- Synchronize external MIDI devices.
- Info Slot : High Contrast option (just click on the big slot)
- Rearrange scenes in a set from drag and drop actions (as for libraries, press CTRL and start to move your scenes using mouse)
- Plug-ins set in muted inserts are not processed anymore (CPU friendly)
- BloXcanner (plug-ins scanner) does not need a restart anymore when detecting incompatible 64 bits plug-ins or non-VST DLLs.
- Updating the state of a Mackie Control compatible device is now done after a 100ms delay when changing volume or pan settings from BloXpander. Motorized faders are less stressed this way.
- Updated manuals.
- Bug fixes
- Minor graphical bugs have been fixed.
BloXpander is available to purchase for Windows PC for 69 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / BloXpander
Euphonix has announced the MC Control v2, the latest addition to its award-winning line of Artist Series media controllers.
MC Control v2 features the same ergonomic layout and slim line design as the award-winning MC Control, but offers enhanced graphics thanks to a new LED-backlit touch-screen and even better tactile control of parameters via eight new custom rotary encoders.
MC Control v2 is the new flagship of the Artist Series and provides a host of controls to speed up and enhance the workflow process with almost any audio or video application.
Check the press release page for more information.
MC Control v2 is expected to be available at authorized Euphonix retailers in late April 2010 at an estimated street price of $1499.99 USD.
More information: Euphonix / MC Control