Magix has released version 11.2 of its Samplitude and Sequoia digital audio workstation software for Windows.
In contrast to other digital audio workstations, Samplitude 11 enables a complete in-the-box workflow. All the steps – from composition recording & sound creation (using VST instruments) to editing, mixing, and mastering the finished CD – take place within a single program.
Changes in Samplitude v11.2
- MuSyC: Several improvements of analysis and workflow (Sequoia only).
- Find Audio: Dialog to search similar audio material (Sequoia only).
- Native reading of AAF and MXF-Audio files.
- New MP3 Export.
- Updated Vandal with new stomps.
- GUI improvements (e.g. new Time Display).
- Several workflow improvements and bugfixes.
The update is now available to download for registered customers.
More information: Samplitude
, compressor and limiter
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, Wah wah
Posted in news
on Mar 24, 2010
Magix has announced the release of Vandal, a virtual (bass)guitar amplifier effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Vandal is a unique virtual guitar and bass amplifier for PC and Mac that avoids working with simple impulse responses. Every individual step – each tube, every amplifier stage, even the speaker coils – is virtualized.
Compare our sound to the others, and you’ll hear a more nuanced and authentic result.
Vandal also offers detailed effects and stomp boxes (several overdrive and distortion effects, different compressor effects, EQ, chorus, phaser, wah-wah, delay, reverb, lo-fi and many more) and advanced microphone settings in an easy-to-use interface that lets you forget that you are using a software amplification.
Vandal has a very low CPU consumption and can be hosted as a VST plug-in (Windows), or as a VST/AU plug-in.
Vandal is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 169.99 EUR / $199.99 USD / £169.99 GBP. On Windows Samplitude 11 Silver is also included.
More information: Magix / Vandal
Magix has announced the release of Music Maker 16, a music production software for Windows.
Step-by-step to your own song: Simply combine samples and loops, add effects, and export it – your own hit is just a few clicks away!
MAGIX Music Maker 16 includes over 1,500 diverse sounds and loops from the studios of internationally successful top producers.
New in Music Maker 16
- New Loops – Originating loop based music production for the PC, no other company has the experience nor the library of these completely revised sound loops.
- Essential FX – Brand new effect modules that guarantee the best results.
- Vandal SE – Use it like you would any guitar amp, or apply it to an already existing track!
- Object inspector – Quick access to the most important and popular effects that can be applied to any audio object.
- Microscope mode – Zoom in and out of detailed, incremental editing. Apply small cuts, or apply effects and treatments to miniscule parts of an audio object.
- Direct uploads to MySpace – Upload your creations directly to your personal or band MySpace page.
- Interactive Workshop – Learn the tricks of the trade from our online how-to interactive videos.
Music Maker 16 is available to purchase for Windows PC, priced at $49.99 USD (50% discount) until February 4, 2010. A Premium edition featuring more sounds, more realistic instruments, and more effects, is currently available for $89.99 USD (36% discount).
More information: Magix
Magix has annouced the release of a trial version of Samplitude 11, its digital audio workstation for Windows.
Samplitude is purely native PC software and therefore independent of proprietary audio hardware. Basically, that means the program works just as well on a laptop as on an audio workstation with dozens of inputs and outputs.
Even the standard version offers you everything you need for your productions: Up to 128 tracks and 64 busses at a sample rate of up to 384 kHz.
Samplitude provides all of the freedom you need to choose your own system. MME, ASIO*, and WDM support all important driver models.
A 30-day trial version of Samplitude 11 is now available to download for Windows PC.
More information: Magix
Magix has announced the releases of Samplitude and Sequoia 11, two software packages for professional audio and MIDI editing.
Samplitude and Sequoia have distinguished themselves with the highest standards of quality, innovative functions, and operation, as well as a completely unique operating principle. We continue our contribution to the DAW competition by continuing to present high-performance features like the Hybrid Audio Engine, analytic DSP effects, and object-oriented editing, but not without numerous innovations and improvements.
Changes in Samplitude & Sequoia 11
- Improvements to the user interface and general workflows — The user screen has been reworked and is now even easier and more intuitive to operate. You can now color your tracks, as seen on the screenshot, which makes orientation in the arranger and mixer easier. Additionally, Samplitude and Sequoia now have a docking function which lets you “dock” individual elements of the interface (manager, visualization, toolbars, etc.) at certain positions. Complementing these improvements are two new skins “Canis” and “Camo”.
- essentialFX — Low disk space requirements and uniform operation, combined with low resources demands for top quality production, makes the new effect series “essentialFX” a collection of high-quality audio tools for all-around tasks. The essentialFX suite is constantly being expanded. At this time, reverb, a stereo delay, a chorus/flanger, a compressor and an expander are available.
- sMax11 & EQ116 — sMax11 as a high-end limiter/maximizer and the new 6-channel equalizer EQ116 prove themselves as powerful tools with expertise in DSP effects. The EQ may be set to work with oversampling or phase linear algorithms, while the sMax11 is a type of brickwall limiter with input amplification.
- New VST instrumente / Software synthesizer — Samplitude and Sequoia offer the latest versions of popular VST instruments. In addition to the virtual-analog synthesizer Revolta 2 and Beatbox 2, Vita completes a full package of sample-based instruments serving as basic tools. Vital Instruments offer various sound sets and playing methods for e-piano, acoustic guitar, bass as well as brass and string instruments.
- OMF / AAF support (only Sequoia, also optional in Samplitude & Samplitude Pro) — Exporting between various interfaces can cost lots of time and nerves. Starting immediately, Samplitude Pro offers an optional OMF/AAF support, which makes cross-platform data exchange easier. Together with the EDL export for Video Pro X and compatibility to other products from the Samplitude/Sequoia family, Samplitude can be seamlessly integrated into almost every form of digital audio editing, without slowing down the work flow.
- Revolver Tracks (Samplitude Pro & Sequoia only) — With the help of the new Revolver tracks, you can switch between various takes or cut versions on one or several tracks – effects, fades and track settings will not be changed. Different solos and parts may be easily switched back and forth in context, or exchanged and tested against each other in their effect in the final mix, without making any other changes in the arrangement.
- Vandal (Only Samplitude Pro & Sequoia – “Vandal SE” will be included in Samplitude 11 with the next patch) — The Vandal brings more than just a new concept in design and operation to virtual guitar and bass amplifiers; borrowing from classic guitar lineups, the plug-in signal goes through the stomp box, amplifier, speaker, microphone and maybe echo/reverb effects, whereby every kind of clean, crunch, hi-gain and lead tone is shaped using a unique, universally emulated amp. Individual play patterns and guitars have the same significance as with top-notch tube amps, in contrast to emulations using impulse response.
- Multi-synchronus editing (only Sequoia) — Sequoia offers the unique function of the “Multi-sync cut”, which combines complete multi-track recordings (for example, of an orchestra), when needed, per take, into a single object and makes switching between takes much easier.
- Video engine — The integrated video engine lets you to add video objects to the first track and trim their beginning and end. Various video formats may be used: AVI, DV, MOV, MPEG, MXV, WMV, BMP, JPEG. Video sound track may also be integrated into the project and edited with the usual tools, including support from the source/destination cut commands.
- Video export (only Sequoia) — Videos that have been dubbed or mixed with Sequoia may be exported including finished mixes as new files. Formats include MPEG2, DV-AVI, QuickTime MOV, and MXV with different codecs.
- Audio Pre- / Post-Recording — With the pre-recording option you can add audio material, which you have played before (!) the start of recording. The pre-recording length is variably set and may be up to 120 seconds. In contrast, “post-recording” also records material which is played up to 2 seconds after recording stop.
- Retrospective recording — In principle, this feature functions exactly like audio pre-recording. If you have played a melody via MIDI but forgot to record this element, Samplitude/Sequoia can create a MIDI object using activated retroactive recording, which restores up to 600 seconds of lost material.
- Groove quantization — This function expands the standard quantization functions by enabling the extraction of rhythms and phrasing from recordings or loops. These groove templates with the pattern of peaks and transients bring other recordings into swing and can also solve timing problems creatively and appropriately to the arrangement.
- MIDI effect velocity dynamics — With “Velocity Dynamics” as realtime effect (MIDI effect) or offline effect, you can edit the attack dynamics of the MIDI notes. You can adjust the represented MIDI velocity of connected music instruments, such as MIDI synthesizers or VSTis, compress/expands dynamic strength of selected events. In addition to diverse, useful presets, the tool also offers a random function, which enables a very variable representation.
Samplitude and Samplitude Pro 11 are now available for Windows PC for 425 EUR / 850 EUR. Sequoia 11 is 2,500 EUR (all prices excl. VAT).
More information: Magix
Magix has announced version 11 of Samplitude and Sequoia at the MusikMesse.
Concerning sound, Samplitude is the uncontested leader of software packages in the deluxe class. We concentrated on our strengths like Hybrid Audio Engine, analytic DSP effects and object-oriented editing, without declining to enter into a new round of the DAWs arms race with innovations and improvements.
Samplitude 11 features
- Complete – The production workflow in the areas of MIDI, audio quantization and others has been perfected, and managers have been integrated through design and docking.
- New – Redeveloped starting from the basics using research done by program users, an “essential FX” suite has been created. It is a great help to all studio base applications, allowing resource savings at many levels; in addition, it is uniform in design and operation and offers a compact interface.
- Genius – Signal editing has always been the core strength of Samplitude development. This team has developed artifact-free timestretching, the upward compressor as well as a new EQ with selectable minimum-phase or phase-linear algorithms.
- Great – Without limitations (unlimited plug-in number and possible VSTi slots) and with integrated DSP, mastering and authoring standards, Samplitude 11 (standard) is a sequencer which delivers true value for your money.
- Vandal inside – to make it really loud: „One Amp to rule them all … “
Sequoia 11 will have an improved workflow.
In the last months, we have placed the user and his or her typical, repeating tasks under the magnifying glass.
By raising the efficiency of day-to-day work, more concentration and space is left for creative processes at the end.
Sequoia 11 features
- Multisynchronous cut (MuSyC) – After analyzing the audio material, all takes of the same content will be displayed one below the other and may be compared to each other without manual sliding with the cursor. A purely optical timestretching takes place, resulting in a synchronous representation on the waveforms.
- AAF/OMF – Through AAF/OMF support, projects may be switched between various workstations (e.g. between image editing and audio postproduction) without any detours with additional software.
- Video export – After dubbing a video, it is possible to export the finished audio mix complete with the video signal. This eliminates additional steps in video editing software.
- Advanced user administration – Administrators may import and export program and system settings from Sequoia. This makes maintaining several systems within one network much easier and faster.
- All new Samplitude features are also found in Sequoia 11.
A free upgrade will be available to anyone who purchases the full version or upgrade of Samplitude or Sequoia 10 during the period from February 1, 2009 until the release of the new version.
Visit the Samplitude website for more information.
Magix has released version 10.2 of digital audio workstation Sequoia and audio editor Samplitude.
Version 10.2 offers further improvements as well as latest optimizations and bugfixes for all Sequoia 10 / Samplitude 10 versions
Sequoia’s Crossfade Editor and Clipstore get some improvements. The FLAC format is now supported and video codecs have been updated. The changes also include improvements to the MIDI Editor, Dithering, Spectral Cleaning, Take Composer, FFT Filter, Folder Tracks and more.
The changelog has detailed information on what’s new.
Visit Magix for more information.
Magix has released a download version of Samplitude 10, a limited version of Samplitude 10 that you can download and use right away.
Limitations of Samplitude 10 DLV
- Independence LE not included.
- Impulse responses for Offline Convolution Reverb not included.
- Content for Auto Jam Session not included.
- Demo content not included.
- Printed manual not included.
- DVD not included.
Samplitude 10 DLV is available now priced at €349 EUR. A personal serial number can be acquired online after up to 30 days of free use of all the functions.
Visit the Samplitude website for more information.