Les Productions Zvon has released Reed Organs, a sample library featuring the sounds of various reed chord organs.
I bought all these organs at a local flea market and all had seen better days. But that’s part of their charm!
Reed Organs features
- 4 different Reed Chord Organs: Bontempi B3, Magnus 360, MicrOrgan and Supertone. The last 2 are rare models.
- Recorded with different microphones (except the Bontempi). Relative levels of the notes are preserved.
- 477 looped samples for a size of 316 MB.
- Available in Kontakt 3.5, Kontakt 4 and sfz formats. Kontakt versions have 72 instruments and multis made with the original samples and 26 instruments using the tone or time machine engines, custom skins and scripts (2 scripts for K4 and 1 for K3.5). Also the Kontakt versions include instruments with original tuning of the instruments and retuned instruments. The sfz version has 27 definition files.
- All the notes have been carefully denoised to limit the noise while keeping the original sound. The noise was sampled as well so it can added again. The chords have not been denoised.
Reed Organs is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Les Productions Zvon / Reed Organs
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 05, 2011
Puremagnetik has released Vintage Organs Volume 2, a library of organs featuring the Yamaha YC-30, Farfisa Pianorgan, Emenee, Magnus & Gulbransen Pump Organs.
Vintage Organs Volume 2 comes with a new and improved Laslo II speaker effect and Marimba Percussion Engine for Live, completely integrated Kontakt KSP drawbar controls and experty crafted channel strips for Logic.
Vintage Organs Volume 2 features
- Over 10 Multisampled programs, each with multiple layers to blend.
- High Quality 24 bit samples.
- Live version includes a new and improved Laslo II speaker effect and Marimba percussion engine.
- Logic EXS version includes channel strip settings with Logic effects.
- Kontakt version includes custom KSP interface and fully loaded effect chains.
Vintage Organs Volume 2 (requires Ableton Live 8.2.1, Kontakt 3.5 or Logic 8) is available now to Puremagnetik subscribers.
More information: Puremagnetik / Vintage Organs Volume 2
Audio Genetics Lab has released Magnus Chord Organ, a free reed organ instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Dug up from the archives and presented free to the public is our newest genetic specimen: the Magnus Chord Organ. This small subspecies is closely related to the accordion and harmonica, with the key difference being the source of the air movement generating from an electric fan as opposed to moving bellows or lungs. Originally three keyboard octaves, and including a number of accordion-like chord buttons, this family instrument was widely distributed in the 1970’s. It has a raw, charming quality to its sound.
Magnus Chord Organ features
- Sampled Magnus Chord Organ, 48kHz, 16 bit.
- 3 octaves, 12 chord buttons.
- Kontakt 3.5+ patches included:
- Magnus Chord Organ – Purist: This is the original, raw, library. No extra bells and whistles or performance additions, really. This is how 1970’s New Jersey wanted you to hear the Magnus. Includes chromatic sampling of the melodic keys, and the lower octaves will play the 24 maj/min chords. Noise sample of the operating fan is sustained from B-1.
- Accordionic: Some subtle changes from the Purist patch, this instrument more closely emulates an accordion. Mod Wheel controlled dynamics, subtle EQ shifts, and a bit of volume envelope can yield a convincing copy. The character-filled clunky key release samples can be turned off for a more pure sound.
- Accordionic – RR: The same design as Accodionic, only with a simulated round robin, created by extending the chromatically sampled keys out to neighboring tones. If you are doing lots of repetitions, this may be a good alternate choice.
- Accordionic – Breath Controller: Accordionic, but pre-programmed for breath controllers. Select your Breath CC source (defaults to 2), and play away. Turned off Chords yields an extended low range.
- Bassadore 64: Divergent genetic mutation. Retro synth bass. Have fun with the mod wheel as well.
- MagSmack Kit: Another distant mutation. This electro-perc kit would be 10 years in the future from the Magnus, or 30 years back in our past.
- Flagolets de Magnus: Sustain patch that has some qualities of string harmonics. 3x round robin. Adjust the front panel ADSR for more variations.
Magnus Chord Organ is available as a free download for Kontakt 3.5 or higher.
More information: Audio Genetics Lab / Magnus Chord Organ
Magnus at Smartelectronix has set free Ambience, a reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Ambience is a reverb that rivals the quality of the best commercial reverbs.
- Separate dry/wet controls (set direct to -inf to use as a send effect.
- Reverb time & room size parameters.
- Predelay to set the amount of delay between the direct sound and the onset of the first echoes.
- Width control for setting mono/wide stereo.
- Quality knob for lower CPU usage (is less quality).
- Variation button creates a new variant of the same room.
- Damping section for bass and treble (control the decay time).
- EQ section for filtering frequencies.
- Gating allows the reverb to follow the dynamics of the audio input.
- Hold button freezes current sound.
- Diffusion for subtle effect on the sound. It is especially noticable with small room sizes.
A nag-free version of Ambience is available to download as a donationware effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU; 32bit/64bit).
More information: Magnus’ Plugins / Ambience
, Cinematique Instruments
, samples and sound libraries
, Zeitter & Winkelmann
Posted in news
on Sep 02, 2009
Cinematic Instruments has recently launched a new library of rare and special instruments.
Our goal is to create expressive and powerful tools for people who are writing music. No matter what kind of music…
Cinematique Instruments – some of the sampled instruments/objects
Cinematique Instruments libraries
- Autoharp – This is a stringed instrument with a series of chord bars. Despite its name, the autoharp is not a harp – it’s a chorded zither – and it’s the perfect instrument to give subtle highlights to all kinds of music. (6 patches)
- Muted Baritone Ukulele – This is the largest size of ukulele and is tuned differently to the others (D-G-B-E, the same as the last four strings of a standard guitar, as opposed to G-C-E-A). We’ve concentrated on the muted played notes which can add beautiful light and subtle elements to your music. (3 patches)
- Kantele – This a traditional plucked string instrument of the zither family native to Finland and Estonia with a distinctive bell-like sound and a diatonic tuning. We’ve made a Kontakt patch to play it in a chromatic tuning. (3 patches)
- Magnus Harmonica Organ – This little organs use an electric fan to blow air across reeds, like a giant harmonica with keys. (3 patches)
- Super Sound EK-470 – This is the processed e-piano sound of a low-cost, garbage keyboard for just €25. The sound is warm and crunchy. (3 patches)
- Zeitter & Winkelmann Piano – This is our rehearsal piano, located in one of our control rooms. It’s got a warm and organic charm. (3 patches).
- Mallets / Percussion (Tuned)
- Glass – A collection of glasses and vases in different sizes. We scrubbed, rubbed, tapped and hit all the glass and made some very nice instruments out of it. (3 patches)
- Metallic Objects/Lids – A collection of lid sounds. We struck the lids with fingers and recorded various sounds. It allows you to make up your own lid-mallet sound.
- Metallic Objects/Kitchen, Handrail – This is a collection of sounds, noises, crashes and bangs made with our studio fixture and fittings: our iron KITCHEN and our staircase with its huge HANDRAIL. The result is astonishing: experimental percussion, strange and remarkable mallets.
- Percussion – All percussion sounds are easy to play in a lively, realistic and organic way (no loops). Available as a multi set or single instruments of: Bongos, Chimes, Guiro, Ocean Drum, Shaker, Spring Drum and Tambourine. Just in the multi are: Toms, Cymbals and Wood.
Cinematique Instruments libraries are available in .nki-format for Native-Instruments Kontakt 3 or 3.5. All samples are in 44.1 kHz/ 16Bit mono/stereo .wav-Format. Prices start at 7 EUR.
More information: Cinematique Instruments