, instrument plugins
, Michael Kastrup
, sample player
, sound fx
Posted in news
on Jan 10, 2008
To celebrate the launch of the SynthTronic website, Michael Kastrup has released Machine Creator, a freeware rompler featuring various noises and ambient sounds used to create the illusion of sci-fi machinery or ambience.
Machine Creator features
- 166 (45 MB) sci-fi sounds split up into 7 categories.
- Each category has its own MIDI channel.
- Bright sounds
- Deep sounds
- Medium sounds
- Scanner sounds
- Static sounds
- Various Tones
- Utility sounds
- All sounds are looped 16 bit 44.1 kHz Mono and unprocessed.
Machine Creator is available for Windows PC (powered by Maize Sampler) at no cost.
Visit SynthTronic for more information, a demo mp3 and a link to download Machine Creator.
PowerFX has released The War Machine VSTi, a sample player featuring war type sound effects.
“The War Machine” Machine guns, missile launchers, single shots, rocket blasts, cannons, flame throwers, tanks, jet fighters and earth shattering explosions are just some of the weapons of mass destruction loaded into this powerful VSTi plugin!
The War Machine features
- 87 sounds programmed into the Maize VSTi Sample Player (included in the product).
- Maize Sample player features: disk streaming, ADSR envelope, and reverb.
- Sound effect are also included separately as .wav sound files for added user flexibility.
The War Machine is available for Windows PC as standalone and VSTi, and costs $99 USD.
Visit PowerFX for more information and audio demos.
Softrave has released Hang VSTi v1.0, a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
Hang is a synth based on samples of a real Hang percussion instrument.
Dr Tikov was lucky enough to meet one day on streets of Barcelona city the inventors of Hang instruments – Felix Rohner and Sabina Schärer and to receive their permission to built this instrument. So if you enjoy virtual version – please go and by the real one from them!
Hang VSTi is based on the Maize Sampler VSTi sampler engine. It features 4 velocity levels.
If you like the sound of Hang, be sure to check Soniccouture’s Hang Drum library.
Visit Softrave for more information and a link to download Hang VSTi.
Note: Hang VSTi is no longer freeware.
Maizesoft has updated Maize Sampler to version 1.3.
Updated in v1.3
- ADSR low pass filter
- Reverb Parameter
- Layer Names
- Drag and Drop from SampleList to Mapping Area
- Parameter Automation
Maize Sampler can be purchased for $88 USD.
Visit Maizesoft for more information and a link to download a demo of Maize Sampler.
Maizesoft has released Maize Sampler version 1.2, a full-fledged VST sampler.
All you need to do is mapping the samples to the notes, then Maize Sampler will respond to external MIDI messages and play back the mapped samples accordingly.
- Propagate (VSTi export)
- Keyswitching between 12 independent layers
- Sample-mapping, velocity layering, and sample looping
- 16 channels, 4 stereo output, 32 polyphonies
- Supports 8, 16, 24 bit sample rate
- Built-in simple reverb and EQ
- Standalone mode
- Choke group, release trigger
- Soundfont to Maize Sampler converter
- Sample preview (right click on sample list)
For a limited time, Maize Sampler can be purchased for $66 USD (a 25% discount on the regular price of $88 USD).
Visit Maizesoft for more information and a link to download the demo for Maize Sampler v1.2.
Maizesoft has updated their free modular audio environment, Maize Studio to Beta 3.
Updated in beta 3
- Add VST parameter mapping & VST bypass functions
- Overall stability improved
- Audio file player device improved
Visit Maizesoft for more information and a link to download Maize Studio Beta 3.