Softrave has released Hang VSTi v1.0, a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
Hang is a synth based on samples of a real Hang percussion instrument.
Dr Tikov was lucky enough to meet one day on streets of Barcelona city the inventors of Hang instruments – Felix Rohner and Sabina Schärer and to receive their permission to built this instrument. So if you enjoy virtual version – please go and by the real one from them!
Hang VSTi is based on the Maize Sampler VSTi sampler engine. It features 4 velocity levels.
If you like the sound of Hang, be sure to check Soniccouture’s Hang Drum library.
Visit Softrave for more information and a link to download Hang VSTi.
Note: Hang VSTi is no longer freeware.
Maizesoft has updated Maize Sampler to version 1.3.
Updated in v1.3
- ADSR low pass filter
- Reverb Parameter
- Layer Names
- Drag and Drop from SampleList to Mapping Area
- Parameter Automation
Maize Sampler can be purchased for $88 USD.
Visit Maizesoft for more information and a link to download a demo of Maize Sampler.
Maizesoft has released Maize Sampler version 1.2, a full-fledged VST sampler.
All you need to do is mapping the samples to the notes, then Maize Sampler will respond to external MIDI messages and play back the mapped samples accordingly.
- Propagate (VSTi export)
- Keyswitching between 12 independent layers
- Sample-mapping, velocity layering, and sample looping
- 16 channels, 4 stereo output, 32 polyphonies
- Supports 8, 16, 24 bit sample rate
- Built-in simple reverb and EQ
- Standalone mode
- Choke group, release trigger
- Soundfont to Maize Sampler converter
- Sample preview (right click on sample list)
For a limited time, Maize Sampler can be purchased for $66 USD (a 25% discount on the regular price of $88 USD).
Visit Maizesoft for more information and a link to download the demo for Maize Sampler v1.2.
Maizesoft has updated their free modular audio environment, Maize Studio to Beta 3.
Updated in beta 3
- Add VST parameter mapping & VST bypass functions
- Overall stability improved
- Audio file player device improved
Visit Maizesoft for more information and a link to download Maize Studio Beta 3.
Maizesoft has released the second beta of their free modular audio environment, Maize Studio.
UPdated in Beta 2
- VST & ASIO compatibility bug fixed
- Mixer aux send bug fixed
- Other minor bugs fixed
Visit Maizesoft for more information and a link to download Maize Studio Beta 2.
Maizesoft has released the first beta of Maize Studio, a free modular audio environment.
You can build your audio devices and connect them with virtual wires. Maize Studio supports VST plug-in and provides many native devices. Based on the Device-Oriented design concept, every function is described as a device. With all kinds of devices, Maize Studio is able to fulfill your needs on stage or in studio with maximum flexibility.
- Modular architecture, inspire your creativity
- Support VST Plug-in and ASIO driver
- Amazing GUI which is based on GDI+ technology
- Fast MIDI mapping
- 32bit internal precision
- Intel CPU optimized
- Build-in disk streaming simple sampler
- Build-in all formats audio player
- Build-in SMF player
- Project file save and load
Maize Studio comes with many built-in devices such as a Drum Machine and a MIDI Player.
Visit Maizesoft for more information and a link to download Maize Studio Beta 1.