Majken has released updates for Chimera and Pan-Oh!-Rama, two freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
Chimera is a noise driven synth focusing on pads and haunting leads, while Pan-Oh!-Rama is a powerful dual filter modulated by six LFO’s. Effects range from autopan, tremolo and filtersweeps to pure FM-madness.
Changes in Chimera & Pan-Oh!-Rama
- Multicore support; Plug-ins will no longer crash when running multiple instances on multicore systems.
- Faster loading times; Projects will load much faster, especially when running multiple instances.
- CPU optimizations; CPU usage should be slightly lower overall.
- Chimera: DC Offset bug fixed.
Chimera and Pan-Oh!-Rama are available as freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
Visit Majken for more information and links to download the plug-ins.
Majken has released a beta of Disorder, a freeware VST plug-in for stuttering, pitchshifting and rhythmic looping. It’s meant to be simple and hands on with midi-assignments for live use.
Disorder is based on a sampler that records the incoming audio. Once the recording has stopped the plugin quickly switches to looped playback. The loops can be played forwards, backwards and in ping-pong style. While looping you can also adjust the playback pitch.
Disorder can be used in three different ways.
- automate the stutter-button and time parameter in your sequencer
- use the modwheel and sustain pedal on your midi keyboard to create stutter effects in realtime
- use keytracking where higher notes cause longer stutters. (In this mode the loop lengths are also synced to host tempo allowing you to easily create tempo based stutters)
Download the beta here. Bug reports and feature requests are welcome.
Majken has released Chimera, an experimental synth that uses subtractive synthesis in a new way.
White noise is sent through a series of narrow bandpass filters which are controlled by pitch. The filtered noise is used as resonant sinewaves to create pads, atmospheres, organs and percussive sounds. In other words, everything you hear from Chimera is white noise being filtered into music – in realtime.
- noise generators, filtered through resonant bandpassfilters
- 3 modulation envelopes
- 3 lfo’s with cross modulation
- amplitude envelopes
- built in effects featuring delay and distortion
- 50 built in presets divided into Pads/Melodical/Atmospheres/Percussive
Chimera is a living, breathing organism. Think of it like an acoustic instrument, like a saxophone. Two notes will never sound the same on a saxophone and there’s only a certain range of sounds that a saxophone can make. The same is true for Chimera.
Chimera is freeware and can be downloaded from Majken‘s website.
Here are some Oatmeal skins you might like to check.
Ezeeboogie created a skin with a Nord type color scheme. You can get it from Wildchurch.com.
A slightly different color scheme will probably feature in a new skin soon (to replace the brighter orange and red colors) and in the meantime you could replace the ezeeskin2nord.png background image with this version.
A new pack with both the Red “Nord” Skin as well as a Black skin is available from Ezeeworld.com
Yeager created a skin that looks a bit like Linplug’s Albino. Get it here. There’s also a dark version available.
Majken‘s skin looks pretty sweet with a grey/blue theme. Grab it from his place.
Majken has updated his skin for Oatmeal version 36-1. Get it here.
To use these skins you simple click the skin button in Oatmeal.