Drumdrops has announced the release of the Mapex Heavy Rock Kit, a sample library featuring the sounds of the Mapex Saturn drum kit of Jason Bowld.
This Mapex Heavy Rock Kit was used on the Drumdrops multi-track album ‘Heavy Rock Drops’. This kit was recorded at the now shut down Garden Studios in Shoreditch, London. The kit is available to purchase in five different packs and is a must for all those who love rock drum kits.
This kit, which was a Mapex Saturn Kit comes with three Mapex Snares including a much sought after Black Panther Hammered Series snare in Phosphor Bronze. The kit also comes with three crash cymbals, a china crash and a ride cymbal. It has been recorded with 16 velocity levels and multiple articulations. This Mapex Saturn kit is owned by Jason Bowld (Killing Joke, Bullet For My Valentine) who uses it for all his recording sessions with some of the UKs leading rock producers. These kits are renowned as being one of the best rock kits.
The Garden Studios (R.I.P. 1978-2012) was responsible for recording many great UK rock bands from Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Cure, The The and The Arctic Monkeys amongst others. It had a unique recording room which defied all acoustics but just sounded great on drums. We were lucky enough to record this kit here shortly before it closed its doors for the last time. Martyn ‘Ginge’ Ford (Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, Slipknot) was responsible for recording the kit through the vintage Neve 8026 console that resided at the studio.
The sample library is available for Kontakt (£52 GBP), as a multi-velocity pack (£15 GBP), single hits pack (£7.50 GBP), drum replacement pack (£15 GBP), and all sample pack (£30 GBP).
More information: Drumdrops / Mapex Heavy Rock Kit
Frontline Producer has introduced Ultimate Drums – Studio Edition, a collection of loops, one hits and stems that cover everything a real drummer should do and so much more.
We set up the studio with his Mapex kit and though trial and error and a little luck, we ended up using nearly entirely SE mics on this. From the Beautiful Rupert Neve RNR1 Ribbons, to the ever versatile E4400as, as well as sE1a’s and 4s and even a 2200 as an ambient mic.
We smashed these through some of the Rupert Neve Pres and a couple of portico IIs and we had a really beautiful selection of sounds that we could mix into some great sounding stems and samples
We settled back pressed record and just enjoyed the grooves.
Ultimate Drums Studio Edition features
- 1.44GB content, 24-bit quality.
- 150 Live Drum Loops
- 37 Drum Loops 75-96BPM.
- 35 Drum Loops 100-116BPM.
- 37 Drum Loops 120-126BPM.
- 41 Drum Loops 130-180BPM.
- 40 Drum Hits.
- 3 Full Drum Tracks, 1 Ballard Track, 1 Funk Track & 1 Rock Track each including Hat Stem, Kick Stem, Overhead Stem, Room Stem, Snare Stem, 2 Tom Stems + Dry & Wet Track Mix.
- 150 REX2 files.
- 5 soft sampler patches for NN-XT, HALion, SFZ, Kontakt & EXS24.
The sample library is available from Loopmasters for £34.95 GBP.
More information: Frontline Producer / Ultimate Drums Studio Edition
Precisionsound has released Monzter Drumz, a drum sample library produced with ease of use and awesome sound in mind, straight out of the box.
All samples have been made to fit in straight away with heavy guitar and bass tones so very little additional tweaking would be needed in the final mix.
The sample library feature KICKS, SNARES, TOMS and CYMBALS and work together with your favorite sample player as well as with the drum replacer plug-in “Drumagog”, to get you going with fast and easy replacement or enhancement of already recorded drums.
For Cubase users we have thrown in a couple of bonuses, like a custom drum map to make navigation around the kit very easy, and also a Cubase Track Archive that works with Cubase 4 and 5 that lets you import a prepared setup of Drumagog inserted audio channels and MIDI channels all routed and ready to go into any session you might be working on.
Monzter Drumz features
- Kicks: Mapex Orion 22″, Sonor Delite 22″ (two versions w. different processing).
- Snares: Mapex Black Panther Brass Snare, Sonor Delite Maple Snare.
- Toms: Mapex Orion 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″.
- Cymbals: 16″ and 18″ Sabian and Zildjian chinas, crashes and splashes, Zildjian K Custom Dark Hats 14″, Zildjian K Custom Ride, Zildjian Ping Ride.
- Articulations: Cymbal Chokes, Cymbal Rolls, Closed, Semi Open, Open Hats, Edge and Bell Rides.
- Drums were sampled using close and overhead mics. Artificially produced ambience is also provided.
- Multi-sampled kits contain 665 mono and stereo 24bit WAV samples.
- All formats are included when you buy the SampleSet: Kontakt, HALion, EXS24, Drumagog & SoundFont.
Monzter Drumz is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD, or on DVD for $80 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Monzter Drumz