, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 06, 2014 - 0 comments
FXpansion has launched BFD Oblivion, an expansion pack for BFD3, BFD Eco and BFD2 designed to provide ready-to-use heavy rock and metal drum sounds.
Inspired by genres like post-metal, sludge and prog-metal, BFD Oblivion’s sounds have the punch to slice through the densest walls of guitars.
Included are mix-treated versions of a Mapex Orion kit, Mapex brass snare, Brady jarrah snare and a selection of cymbals from Bosphorus, Zildjian and Paiste. Crafted by an in-house team obsessed with metal, BFD Oblivion is processed heavily so you don’t have to – just add your hardest guitars and basses to create an authentic foundation for all kinds of rock and metal music.
BFD Oblivion features
- Heavy rock & metal expansion for BFD3, BFD Eco and BFD2.
- Mix-processed drums, ready to drop into your productions.
- Mapex Orion drumkit: 22″ kick with 10″, 12″, and 14″ toms.
- Mapex Brass Master snare and Brady jarrah wood snare.
- Cymbals and hihat from Bosphorus, Zildjian and Paiste.
- Kick with felt and plastic beaters.
BFD Oblivion is available for purchase for $99 USD/79 EUR/£69 GBP inc VAT.
More information: FXpansion / BFD Oblivion
Related: Carl Bown
, Colin Richardson
, Jason Bowld
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 04, 2014 - 0 comments
Toontrack has released Made of Metal EZX, a new expansion library by Colin Richardson for the EZdrummer 2 instrument.
Few producers are cited as pioneers, for having helped shape the sound of a genre or generation of bands. With landmark releases by the likes of Slipknot, Machine Head, Carcass and many others, British Colin Richardson is undoubtedly one of them. Add to that world-class drummer Jason Bowld (Axewound, Pitchshifter), arguably one of the most meticulously crafted studio facilities in the world as well as a handpicked collection of top-shelf drums and you have the key components in the Made of Metal EZX.
The Made of Metal EZX was recorded at Belgium’s Galaxy Studios, a recording facility crafted with unparalleled detail. Their wood-lined, hall-like main room, in which four complete kits were captured, bring out the very essence of the instruments. The deep, reverberant presence of the toms, the crisp textures of the cymbals and the piercing attack of the snares and kicks.
Put all this in the powerful framework of EZdrummer 2 and you have the most raging, ear-numbing and dynamic collection of drums for any metal or hard rock production.
Made of Metal EZX features
- Produced and mixed by Colin Richardson, engineered by Carl Bown.
- Drums sampled by Jason Bowld.
- Four (4) full kits (DW, Mapex, Tama, Truth).
- One extra snare, kick and tom option.
- Large assortment of cymbals.
- Five (5) mix-ready kit presets.
- Includes a selection of MIDI drum grooves.
The Made of Metal EZX is available for purchase for 69 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Made of Metal EZX
Drumdrops has announced the release of the Mapex Heavy Rock Kit, a sample library featuring the sounds of the Mapex Saturn drum kit of Jason Bowld.
This Mapex Heavy Rock Kit was used on the Drumdrops multi-track album ‘Heavy Rock Drops’. This kit was recorded at the now shut down Garden Studios in Shoreditch, London. The kit is available to purchase in five different packs and is a must for all those who love rock drum kits.
This kit, which was a Mapex Saturn Kit comes with three Mapex Snares including a much sought after Black Panther Hammered Series snare in Phosphor Bronze. The kit also comes with three crash cymbals, a china crash and a ride cymbal. It has been recorded with 16 velocity levels and multiple articulations. This Mapex Saturn kit is owned by Jason Bowld (Killing Joke, Bullet For My Valentine) who uses it for all his recording sessions with some of the UKs leading rock producers. These kits are renowned as being one of the best rock kits.
The Garden Studios (R.I.P. 1978-2012) was responsible for recording many great UK rock bands from Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Cure, The The and The Arctic Monkeys amongst others. It had a unique recording room which defied all acoustics but just sounded great on drums. We were lucky enough to record this kit here shortly before it closed its doors for the last time. Martyn ‘Ginge’ Ford (Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, Slipknot) was responsible for recording the kit through the vintage Neve 8026 console that resided at the studio.
The sample library is available for Kontakt (£52 GBP), as a multi-velocity pack (£15 GBP), single hits pack (£7.50 GBP), drum replacement pack (£15 GBP), and all sample pack (£30 GBP).
More information: Drumdrops / Mapex Heavy Rock Kit
Frontline Producer has introduced Ultimate Drums – Studio Edition, a collection of loops, one hits and stems that cover everything a real drummer should do and so much more.
We set up the studio with his Mapex kit and though trial and error and a little luck, we ended up using nearly entirely SE mics on this. From the Beautiful Rupert Neve RNR1 Ribbons, to the ever versatile E4400as, as well as sE1a’s and 4s and even a 2200 as an ambient mic.
We smashed these through some of the Rupert Neve Pres and a couple of portico IIs and we had a really beautiful selection of sounds that we could mix into some great sounding stems and samples
We settled back pressed record and just enjoyed the grooves.
Ultimate Drums Studio Edition features
- 1.44GB content, 24-bit quality.
- 150 Live Drum Loops
- 37 Drum Loops 75-96BPM.
- 35 Drum Loops 100-116BPM.
- 37 Drum Loops 120-126BPM.
- 41 Drum Loops 130-180BPM.
- 40 Drum Hits.
- 3 Full Drum Tracks, 1 Ballard Track, 1 Funk Track & 1 Rock Track each including Hat Stem, Kick Stem, Overhead Stem, Room Stem, Snare Stem, 2 Tom Stems + Dry & Wet Track Mix.
- 150 REX2 files.
- 5 soft sampler patches for NN-XT, HALion, SFZ, Kontakt & EXS24.
The sample library is available from Loopmasters for £34.95 GBP.
More information: Frontline Producer / Ultimate Drums Studio Edition
Precisionsound has released Monzter Drumz, a drum sample library produced with ease of use and awesome sound in mind, straight out of the box.
All samples have been made to fit in straight away with heavy guitar and bass tones so very little additional tweaking would be needed in the final mix.
The sample library feature KICKS, SNARES, TOMS and CYMBALS and work together with your favorite sample player as well as with the drum replacer plug-in “Drumagog”, to get you going with fast and easy replacement or enhancement of already recorded drums.
For Cubase users we have thrown in a couple of bonuses, like a custom drum map to make navigation around the kit very easy, and also a Cubase Track Archive that works with Cubase 4 and 5 that lets you import a prepared setup of Drumagog inserted audio channels and MIDI channels all routed and ready to go into any session you might be working on.
Monzter Drumz features
- Kicks: Mapex Orion 22″, Sonor Delite 22″ (two versions w. different processing).
- Snares: Mapex Black Panther Brass Snare, Sonor Delite Maple Snare.
- Toms: Mapex Orion 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″.
- Cymbals: 16″ and 18″ Sabian and Zildjian chinas, crashes and splashes, Zildjian K Custom Dark Hats 14″, Zildjian K Custom Ride, Zildjian Ping Ride.
- Articulations: Cymbal Chokes, Cymbal Rolls, Closed, Semi Open, Open Hats, Edge and Bell Rides.
- Drums were sampled using close and overhead mics. Artificially produced ambience is also provided.
- Multi-sampled kits contain 665 mono and stereo 24bit WAV samples.
- All formats are included when you buy the SampleSet: Kontakt, HALion, EXS24, Drumagog & SoundFont.
Monzter Drumz is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD, or on DVD for $80 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Monzter Drumz