Spitfire Audio has announced the launch of its new Producer Portfolio range of sound libraries.
With Spitfire’s existing orchestral and definitive ranges, we’re very proud of the “impression” that the hall at Air studios gives, but it’s not right for every application.
With this new range, we have recorded in smaller spaces, close, mid range and room perspectives with carefully positioned, fine, ‘A class’ mics and pres to give you the raw materials you need to make these sounds your own, and at an affordable price.
Producer Portfolio features
- Analogue Foundry #1 Pylons – A definitive collection of phrases, squeaks, bleeps, hits and FX from their enormous selection of classic vintage synths.
- Kitchenware #1 – Metal – Sampled from 12 specially selected (with a variety of both simple and complex harmonic sonority) bowls, jugs and cups, this new sound-set will provide you with hours of inspiration.
- Frank Ricotti – Marimba – Ricotti Marimba features 7.6 GB of compressed content from over 11,700 samples, over 24.5 GB samples in WAV format (this losslessly compresses very efficiently in Kontakt!)
The libraries are available to purchase at a 20% introductory discount until December 4th, 2013. Requires Kontakt 4.2.4 or higher, full version.
More information: Spitfire Audio / Producer Portfolio
VST Buzz has launched a limited time sale on the Marimba sample library by SampleTekk.
Get a HUGE 60% off the normal price of the Marimba by Sampletekk. This is a gorgeous sounding deeply sampled marimba for Kontakt that’s a great addition to your sample library collection.
All notes were meticulously sampled from A1-C6, played with soft mallet, medium mallet, and hard mallet and with at least 8 velocities layers per note. This is a total no brainer deal! NB. Requires the full version of Kontakt.
The sample library is available from VST Buzz for $20 USD until October 15th, 2013.
More information: VST Buzz
AudioThing has released Toy Marimba, a virtual marimba instrument for Native Instrument Kontakt.
Toy Marimba features a small tuned percussion instrument made of rosewood and rope.
It was sampled with wood and bamboo mallets, with three Round Robin repetitions and three velocity layers for the main hits. Slides and glissandos (up/down with 3 speeds) are also included along with slowed down samples crafted for wooden and airy textures.
Toy Marimba features
- 8 Kontakt Instruments (.nki).
- 3 Round Robin.
- 2 Velocity Layer (cross faded).
- 110 Samples (44.1kHz / 24-bit).
- Formats: Kontakt and WAV.
- Bonus: pad, ambience and slow instruments.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of 8 EUR until October 13th, 2013 (regular 10 EUR). Requires Kontakt 4.2.4+ full version.
More information: AudioThing / Toy Marimba
, electric piano
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on May 28, 2013
SampleTekk has launched its EP’s and Stuff Sale, offering 60% discount on its electric piano and other selected sample libraries for a limited time.
- Renaissance Flutes – Normal price 119 USD – Now 47.60 USD
- ST Pianet – Normal price 49 USD – Now 19.60 USD
- Tubed Keys – Mk I 73 – Normal price 140 USD – Now 56 USD
- Tubed Wurli – Normal price 49 USD – Now 19.60 USD
- BOB – Orchestral Brass – Normal price 98 USD – Now 39.20 USD
- PMI Anvils & Churchbells – Normal price 25 USD – Now 10 USD
- PMI Carillion – Normal price 25 USD – Now 10 USD
- PMI Orchestral Instruments – Normal price 15 USD – Now 6 USD
- SampleTekk’s Marimba – Normal price 49 USD – Now 19.60 USD
- ARP Solina Strings – Normal price 30 USD – Now 12 USD
- Worra’s Prophet – Normal price 30 USD – Now 12 USD
The sale ends May 30th, 2013.
More information: SampleTekk
Soniccouture has released Grand Marimba, a Kontakt sample library featuring a 5 octave Yamaha 6100 series.
When we decided to sample a marimba, we knew we wanted to find a 5 octave concert model. There’s something very special about the enormous bass notes of a full sized model. The Yamaha 6100 model, which was designed in collaboration with world-renowned marimba legend Keiko Abe, seemed to be the natural choice.
A descendant of the african balafon, the modern marimba originated in Mexico, and is typified by wooden (rosewood or the cheaper padauk) bars mounted above metal resonator tubes, which can be tuned using stops.
The 6100 marimba represents the absolute state of the art, with exclusive precision tuning which ensures true pitch and a full sound, while the Honduran Rosewood bars and welded resonators give rattle-free playing.
The Grand Marimba’s main Instrument panel, containing ADSR controls, a filter section with envelope modulation, and stereo width with Flip.
Grand Marimba features
- 7.45 GB sample library – 3.4GB on disc with Kontakt NCW compression.
- 24 Bit 96khz stereo sampling.
- Over 5000 samples.
- 5 octaves from C1 to C6.
- 4 articulations: Mallet, Stick, Roll, Bowed.
- 5 round robin layers for the Mallet articulation, up to 15 velocity layers on the Mallet articulation.
- Fully controllable KSP Tremolo processor.
- Humanise KSP controls.
- Sound design presets included.
- Demo MIDI files included.
- Custom effects panel with Soniccouture impulse repsonse reverb library.
- Compatible with free Kontakt Player – VST AU RTAS.
The Grand Marimba library is available to purchase for 99 EUR inc. VAT.
More information: Soniccouture / Grand Marimba
, Eric Stewart
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 02, 2012
Sampletekk has announced a Winter Sale, offering 50% off its entire sample library catalog.
Time again for our annual Winter Sale where you can grab multisampled instruments for you Halion, Kontakt, EXS24, Gigastudio sampler. Choose between grand pianos, uprights, flutes, organs, brass, harpsichords, choirs and other instruments.
Sampletekk Winter Sale
- SampleTekk Black – Based on the famous SampleTekk Black Grand, but with refined samples, and the use of SampleTekk’s True Resonance Samples in combination with Native Instruments Kontakt Engine, we built a Grand Piano that we feel is our best piano yet! Regular Price $99 Price now: $49.50.
- White Grand – SampleTekk proudly presents the White Grand, in our opinion, the best contemporary pop/rock/jazz grand piano in the sampled world today. Regular Price $119 Price now: $59.50.
- 7CG – Super detailed multisampled Grand Piano No less then 93 unique samples per recorded note. Over 4400 samples! Incredible sound and response Super realistic playing behaviour. Regular Price $199 Price now: $99.50.
- Rain Piano – A serious Upright piano with character! Used in countless productions both in music and media. Regular Price $49 Price now: $24.50.
- INIL Choir – Original voices from 10CC’s seminal production “I’m Not In Love”. Released in cooperation with Eric Stewart. Regular Price $49 Price now: $24.50.
- Renaissance Flutes – A complete set of recorders, Bass, Alto, Tenor, Soprano and Sopranino, beautifully played by one of Sweden’s top flutists. Regular Price $119 Price now: $59.50.
- Mk seventy-three – The Rhodes challenger! Recorded through a a Fender Twin – The way it was supposed to. Regular Price $140 Price now: $70.
- BOB – Orchestral Brass – BOB gives you French Horn, Trombone, Trumpet and Tuba. Regular Price $98 Price now: $49.
- SampleTekk Marimbas – This Marimba has all notes (A1-C6) sampled in stereo. No less then 8 velocities/note makes this Marimba one of the largest sampled marimbas on the market today. Played using hard, medium and soft mallets. Regular Price $49 Price now: $24.50.
- Pump Organ – A small, simple organ with tons of charm! Nothing you would play the Toccata on, but try some Tom Waits songs! Regular Price $15 Price now: $7.50.
- TBO, The Big One – Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with 93 unique samples/recorded note! Regular Price $199 Price now: $99.50.
- Worra’s Prophet – Classic analog synth voices in native Gigasampler Format. Over 600 megabytes of warm, retro keyboard sounds at an incredibly low price. Regular Price $30 Price now: $15.
- and many, many more……….
The sale ends December 1st, 2012.
More information: SampleTekk
Cinematique Instruments has announced the release of Basic Marimba, the last in its 2012 “Clearing Out” series of sound libraries.
Basic Marimba includes 3 patches: regular marimba, muted marimba and towel marimba.
A marimba is a percussion instrument which consists of a set of wooden bars with resonators which are struck with mallets to produce its tone.
As the name of our release „Basic Marimba“ suggests, we are coming up with a rough and basic version of a marimba. This is because we recorded the marimba on the fly in between an orchestral break. By saying that, it becomes obvious that we only intended to take a snapshot of the marimba: we quickly miked it up and recorded some of the main playing techniques with up to 3 Round Robin variations and 3 velocity layers. In order to get a proper and useful instrument we spent some more time with post production and editing the whole instrument.
Even though we are aware of the fact that our marimba is not a very complex and extravagant instrument, we still decided to release the “Basic Marimba” as the final piece in our series of “Clearing Out the Stock”. The Basic Marimba is well suited for quite a lot music productions.
The Basic Marimba for Kontakt is available to purchase for 15 EUR.
More information: Cinematique Instruments / Basic Marimba
Cinematique Instruments has announced that they will be delivering Cement 2 as a bonus with every purchase with a value of more than €25 in their online shop.
Cement is a sequencer based pattern generator which is well suitable to enrich your music production and lend it a specific character. As the name suggests you can easily create cementing textures, crawling patterns or a fundament for your musical idea.
Cement 2 sequencer based pattern generator for Kontakt
Cement 2 has the same concept as Cement 1 but is based on three different instruments: Baritone ukulele, guitar harmonics and marimba.
More information: Cinematique Instruments