Since Martin Eastwood Audio’s official website is no longer up, its free audio effect plug-ins are now available to download from this page, by kind permission of Martin.
Martin Eastwood’s compressor, harmonizer & reverb effect plug-ins.
- Duet — Win VST
Double-tracking/harmonizer effect developed to enhance vocals or instruments, such as guitars, by thickening the sound and adding a rich glossy sheen to your audio material. Duet works by independently pitch-shifting the left and right inputs using a novel synchronous overlap and add technique, allowing pitch to be manipulated in real-time while still maintaining the time duration of the audio.
- Compressive CM — Win VST / Mac VST
External side chain analogue modeled RMS compressor with a brickwall limiter. The external side contains a 3-band EQ and mid/side controls to allow complete control of audio dynamics.
- Compressive — Win VST
Suite of professional quality audio compressors. Includes Compressive Pro (external side chain vintage analog modeled RMS compressor) and Compressive Lite with a reduced feature set for minimum CPU usage.
- Mverb — Win VST / Mac VST / Linux VST / Source
Studio quality, open-source reverb. Its release was intended to provide a practical demonstration of Dattorro’s figure-of-eight reverb structure and provide the open source community with a high quality reverb.
Note: There is no official support for these plug-ins.
Martin Eastwood Audio has released the Flame multi-effect plug-in as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
Flame is a matrix-based multi-effect. It does not have a set configuration, allowing you to freely route the audio between the different modules however you see fit. This flexibility allows you to create a huge range of sounds and effects.
Flame is available to download from KVR Audio as a free Windows VST plug-in.
More information: Martin Eastwood Audio Flame
Martin Eastwood has released MVerb, a free reverb effect.
Digital reverb has always been something of a dark art as there is very little information publicly available and most of the big companies releasing reverbs are very vague about the techniques they use. The only real example is Freeverb so I though I would share some code for a reverb that sounds pretty nice and is very low on CPU usage. It is based on the figure-of-eight reverb structure suggested by Dattarro, which uses a bank of allpass filters to smear the phase followed by a loop of multi tap delay lines that feedback into themselves to create echoes. I have also added another delay and a mutitap delay to act as predelay and early reflections. The early reflections still need a bit of tweaking but they do the job for the moment.
The code is written in C++ and is available under the GPL license. It is really simple to use as it is all contained in one header file and should be cross-platform. There is also an example showing how to use it in a VST plugin.
MVerb is available to download as a VST effect plug-in for Windows PC. The source code can be downloaded as well.
More information: Martin Eastwood Audio
Martin Eastwood Audio has released Duet, a double-tracking/harmonizer effect designed to enhance vocals and instruments by creating the illusion of multiple voices.
By using a novel method of pitch-shifting and delaying audio, Duet can create natural sounding results and turn a single voice into a choir.
- Independent pitch-shifting the left and right inputs using a novel synchronous overlap and add technique, allowing pitch to be manipulated in real-time, while still maintaining the time duration of the audio.
- Creates the illusion of multiple voices and adds a luscious texture to your music by delaying the re-pitched audio and altering its pan position.
- Traditional modulation effects such as flangers and phasers modulate time duration as well as pitch so can sound synthetic but by de-coupling pitch from time, Duet creates natural sounding results and can turn a single voice into a choir.
- Create a silky chorus effect through modulation of the pitch-shift amount or to add movement and texture to synths.
Duet is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows PC and costs 39 EUR. A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit Martin Eastwood Audio for more information.
Martin Eastwood Audio has ported Muxer’s InstantSampler to Windows PC.
From Muxer’s website:
The plugin could be named “audio copy-paster” or “snippet looper”, but I choose to call it InstantSampler because it does what a simple ‘normal’ sampler does (playing audio fragments by MIDI notes), but it takes its samples (instantly) from the audio input whenever you hit a specific MIDI note for the first time. Every consecutive time you hit the same MIDI-note, it plays back the recorded fragment (or shorter, depending on the note’s length).
- velocity – Playback volume.
- attack and release – Both attack & release times are configurable.
- floor – The level of the input audio which is passed along unaffected when no samples are played.
- playback speed – Speed up or – down the sample playback using the pitchbend control with a configurable range.
- reverse playback – Playback in reverse.
- looped scrolling – You can scroll through the sample while playing little loops using the modulation wheel.
- loop size – Sets the size of the loops which are played when using the modulation wheel.
- loop fade length – Sets the fade-in and -out lengths of the loops which are played when using the modulation wheel.
- clear memory – Assign a MIDI note that (when played) just clears all samples recorded so far.
Visit Martin Eastwood Audio to download the VST for Windows version of InstantSampler, or check Muxer for the original Mac AU version.
Martin Eastwood Audio has released version 1.1 of Compressive, a package of two freeware compression effect plug-ins for Windows PC. Compressive Pro is an external side chain vintage analogue modeled RMS compressor. The external side … read more
Martin Eastwood Audio has released version 1.02 of Compressive, two freeware compressor VST plug-ins for Windows PC. Compressive Pro is an external side chain vintage analogue modeled RMS compressor. The external side contains a 3-band … read more