Acousticsamples – the editor of acoustic soundbanks like Telematic, Kawai Ex Pro, Mark 79, JBass etc. – has updated all their instruments to UVI format.
From now on, Acousticsamples soundbanks work properly in UVI Workstation 2, the free powerful player of MachFive 3.
“The engine, the script, the effects, all these possibilities made us want to use the UVI format for all of our products and only it. Supporting different formats was a hard task, there were inconsistencies between formats, limitations of some engines, and UVI had the answer to all of these problems, it is rock solid, works on all platforms, is easy to work with and has the most advanced script engine in the world. Licensing with UVI gave us the opportunity to have all of our libraries available for everybody, and deliver them with their own powerful player.” — Acousticsamples CEO, Arnaud SICARD
“UVI is very pleased to welcome Acousticsamples on board. They are one of the most hardcore scripters in the industry, and offer some of the most detailed instruments on the market (their Telematic guitar is just amazing!). It’s definitely a good sign for the future.” — UVI Creative Manager, Alain ETCHART
UVI Workstation 2 is available for 32/64-bit Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/MAS).
More information: Acousticsamples / UVI Sound Source
UVI has updated its UVI Workstation multi-timbral software instrument for Windows and Mac to version 2.0.3.
UVI Workstation is now updated to version 2.0.3, with the “Edit” section back. This tab was taken off with the arrival of version 2 of this sampler, designed for all UVI second-generation scripted libraries (Gypsy Jazzy, Acoustic Grand Piano 2, F Grand 278, Emulation II).
However, from now on, all UVI libraries (scripted and non-scripted) can take full advantage of the new powerful UVI Workstation 2 : the “Edit” feature is back!
✓ more flexible
✓ more convenient
✓ suits every UVI instrument.
The “Edit” panel is back in UVI Workstation version 2.0.3
Changes in UVI Workstation v2.0.3
- [Fix] Coarse and Fine tune in loops editing work in map mode as well.
- [Fix] Edit panel is back for non scripted/non macro soundbanks.
- [Fix] Put back hard disk browsing and favorites.
- [Fix] Other minor fixes.
UVI Workstation is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/MAS/Standalone).
More information: UVI Workstation
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 31, 2012 - 0 comments
iZotope has updated its Ozone mastering system for Windows and Mac to version 5.02.
iZotope’s complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools: Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds 6 additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and an entire suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone v5.02
- Feature enhancements:
- Improvements to IRC3: lower distortion on low frequency material.
- Improvements to IRC3: new “Style” control helps the limiter work with a wider variety of material.
- Improved spectrogram functionality with better Meter Tap synchronization.
- Improved EQ behavior when double-clicking for a new node.
- Other changes and fixes:
- Improved keyboard support
- Fixed issues with loading EQ snapshots in multiple instances in a session.
- Fixed crashes in Steinberg Wavelab.
- Fixed UI issue in OS X with Steinberg Wavelab 7.2.
- Fixed delay compensation issue for sampling rates above 48kHz.
- Fixed issues using crossover Learn feature inside shared crossover network.
- Improved Spectrogram behavior when hiding a spectrogram stream.
Ozone for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $249 USD (Ozone 5) / $999 USD (Ozone 5 Advanced).
More information: iZotope / Ozone
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jan 11, 2012 - 0 comments
UVI has announced the release of Emulation II, a sound library that features a set of unique instruments to reproduce that typical music from the 80s: from warm digital sounds to the most analog-ish textures.
Hundreds of sounds and instruments were recorded and carefully selected from the authentic restored instrument : drums, bass, bells, choir-voices, fretted instruments, FXs, keyboards, mallets, percussion, synths, strings, orchestral hits and a lot more., with the very best analog and digital gear. This process allows preserving the original sounds’ lo-fi charm.
A simple, yet, complete user interface reproduces the looks and feeling of the most famous and essential machine from the eighties.
Free included : Drumulation, an utter beatbox with step sequencer from the 80s, loaded with 500+ drums and percussion sounds.
With 250+ best sounds and primary editing tools, create authentic spin-offs with infinite options of sounds and tones, from Depeche Mode, Peter Gabriel, Pet Shop Boys, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney etc.
Make music without frontiers!
Emulation II for UVI Workstation 2 Mac/Win (VST/AU/RTAS/MAS/Standalone) is availble to purchase for $199.95 USD excl. VAT.
More information: UVI Sound Source / Emulation II
Audio Ease has announced the release of AltiVerb 7 for Mac, the latest version of the industry standard convolution reverb plug-in.
The Impulse response (sampled spaces) library is more accessible then ever because of Altiverb’s new picture browser: quicker loading, organize-by-size, and single click favorites are among its features. Altiverb 7 looks and feels better. Often used controls all line up on the front, while the more exotic ones are in drawers beneath.
Keyword searching makes it easier to find the right space among the many hundreds of spaces Altiverb includes. Just type “brick studio UK” or “small bed room”.
Altiverb 7 adds an algorithmic reverb that is closely fit to the impulse response. It can optionally add brightness and chaotic modulation in ways only synthetic reverb can while preserving the nature of convolution reverb.
The Impulse response library can be kept up to date from within the plug-in. The TDM structure has been heavily simplified, altiverb is now the only total recall convolution reverb (without the use of snapshots). It adds drag and drop impulse response making from sweeps, slate claps or anything experimental from piano chords to overhead thunder. Altiverb 7 is fully backwards compatible: you can open up any old project and it will load and sound the same as Altiverb 6.
Audio Ease AltiVerb 7
New in AltiVerb 7
- Look & Feel – Altiverb 7 looks and feels better. Often used controls all line up on the front, while the more exotic ones are in drawers beneath.
- Picture Browser – The IR library is more accessible then ever because of Altiverb’s new visual browser: quicker loading, organize-by-size, and single click favorites.
- Keyword Searching – A powerful keyword search field makes you find items like ‘metallic resonances’ ‘bed room’, ‘street slapback’ or ‘brick studio’
- Brightness – An algorithmic synthetic reverb layer that is tightly tailored to the impulse response provides a type of brightness that an EQ could never boost from a real world room.
- News – Keep your IR library up to date from within Altiverb. You can go into Altiverb’s news tab, see what’s new and proceed to download and install without restarting, all from within Altiverb 7.
- Similar – The room does work, but it is not quite the perfect one yet? Hit Similar and Altiverb will suggest similar sounding alternatives to the chosen impulse response.
- TDM simplified – In Altiverb 7 XL, the TDM chip management can be done from within Altiverb, using one handy pop-up menu. This feature does away with the long list of Altiverbs in the TDM plug-in popup. On top of that Altiverb 7 XL allows the loading of all IR types (down to mono in / mono out) into a stereo to quad instance of Altiverb.
- Total Recall Automation – Everything, including the impulse response choice is automatable in Altiverb 7. This means that you do not have to jump through hoops to fully automate Altiverb 7. And while there are still single-click snapshots, you do not need them to automate Altiverb. You can even read which IR is chosen in the automation curve.
- Drag and drop – Just drop any audio onto Altiverb 7 to use it as an impulse response: sweep recordings, several type claps or bangs, or any kind of experimental audio like crashing cars or piano chords. The drag and drop IR feature includes new make-up curves that allows the making of decent IRs using a handheld portable radio, or even slates. Read more
- Chaos – Dial in a bit of chaotic modulation and not every hit will sound identical in the reverb. As a bonus tonal material will be dispersed which means that slightly out of tune notes will be covered up in the reverb tail.
- Interactive EQ curve – To operate the equalizers you can still use the familiar turning knobs. But Altiverb 7 adds an interactive equalizer curve that allows you to set al four bands including the widths of the parametric ones.
- And More… – Altiverb supports 64 bits. It has a new reverb gate, and straightforward pre-delay and attack parameters. Times can be set in note values locked to your song’s tempo, and you have 10 times as much space in the stage positioner.
Altiverb 7 supports 64 bits, is Intel Mac only for now, runs in all major VST Audio Unit and MAS hosts and in ProTools 8, 9 and 10 as a TDM plugin and as RTAS.
AltiVerb 7 for Mac is now available to purchase for 499 EUR excl. VAT. The upgrade is free for all altiverbs purchased in 2010 or later: a grace period of close to two years. Otherwise the upgrade costs 159 EUR.
More information: Audio Ease / AltiVerb 7
DUY has announced the Deep Analog EQ, an equalizer effect plug-in for Mac.
We are pleased to announce the availability of a brand new and breathtaking plug-in: the new Deep Analog EQ.
Available for RTAS, VST, Audio Units and MAS users running Mac OSX, it features full interactive graphic control with traditional knob adjustments, plus the Proprietary & exclusive Modelled Active Circuit Synthesis (MACS) technology integrated to resemble full analog operation in the digital domain.
Deep Analog EQ features
- Pure analogue sound with full digital control.
- Great depth control allows a virtually unlimited definition of analog warmth nuances.
- Fully interactive graphic control blends traditional knob adjust and graphic EQ.
- Proprietary & exclusive Modelled Active Circuit Synthesis (MACS) integrated to resemble full analog operation in the digital domain.
- 9 bell modes on each band, with an unheard-of sound colour variety.
- Noiseless hyperrealistic traditional filter nets, based on classic EQ circuitry.
- 10 bands of total frequency control.
- Comes with some 100 presets for easy-access operation.
Deep Analog EQ is available to purchase for 199 EUR excl. tax.
More information: DUY / Deep Analog EQ
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on May 31, 2011 - 1 comment
iZotope has released version 1.1 of Nectar, a complete vocal processing toolkit for Windows and Mac.
Nectar is a complete set of 11 vocal production effects combined in one plug-in that’s designed to give you immediate results.
Built-in Styles get the grunt work out of the way so you can focus on the creative finishing touches.
Changes in Nectar v1.1
- Reverb improvements
- Nectar’s Reverb has been overhauled for a better sound, including improved workflow for dialing in great vocal reverb settings. Because of these changes, users may notice that sessions saved with Nectar Version 1.0 sound different. For guidelines on adjusting the Reverb of existing sessions in Version 1.1, please refer to this knowledgebase article.
- Pitch-related improvements
- Adds a “Non-formant preserving” mode, which allows you to turn formant preservation on or off. Small (less than 1.5 semitone) shifts that occur in subtle pitch correction often sound better with formant preservation turned off, while large shifts will be better with formant preservation on. Tip: Turning off formant preservation is also good for special effects (like the Chipmonk and Dark Lord Styles).
- In supported hosts, dragging a note in the Manual Pitch Editor now creates a color highlight to better see the target pitch of the note you’re dragging.
- In supported hosts, dragging a note will also produce a tone so you can hear the target pitch of the note you’re dragging.
- Pitch transpositions now sound more natural due to a change in the envelope shape.
- Optimizations to pitch correction algorithms for faster performance.
- Doubler improvements
- Adds Low, Medium, and High quality modes to the Doubler module. Note that the version 1.0 Doubler was the equivalent of the High quality mode.
- Doubler CPU usage is dramatically lowered in Version 1.1 (5.7x at High quality and 13x at Low quality).
- Other changes and fixes
- Improved host compatibility on OS X in 64-bit VST formats.
- Includes the new iZotope Crash Reporter to help customers automatically submit crash reports to iZotope for rapid diagnosis and bugfixing.
- In several hosts, keyboard shortcuts meant for the host are no longer “eaten” by some windows, especially in the floating Manual Pitch Editor window.
- Fix to iLok authorization issue in some hosts where loading Nectar prompted an “Error: unable to open protection interface” message.
- Stability enhanced in several hosts. Rare crashes or hangs in isolated hosts were also fixed.
- Performance improvements for Tracking mode.
- Pitch algorithm quality improvements: fixed bugs causing glitching such as stuttering, clicking, and popping.
- Minor bugfixes and performance enhancements.
Nectar for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $299 USD.
More information: iZotope / Nectar