Audio Ease has announced the release of AltiVerb 7 for Mac, the latest version of the industry standard convolution reverb plug-in.
The Impulse response (sampled spaces) library is more accessible then ever because of Altiverb’s new picture browser: quicker loading, organize-by-size, and single click favorites are among its features. Altiverb 7 looks and feels better. Often used controls all line up on the front, while the more exotic ones are in drawers beneath.
Keyword searching makes it easier to find the right space among the many hundreds of spaces Altiverb includes. Just type “brick studio UK” or “small bed room”.
Altiverb 7 adds an algorithmic reverb that is closely fit to the impulse response. It can optionally add brightness and chaotic modulation in ways only synthetic reverb can while preserving the nature of convolution reverb.
The Impulse response library can be kept up to date from within the plug-in. The TDM structure has been heavily simplified, altiverb is now the only total recall convolution reverb (without the use of snapshots). It adds drag and drop impulse response making from sweeps, slate claps or anything experimental from piano chords to overhead thunder. Altiverb 7 is fully backwards compatible: you can open up any old project and it will load and sound the same as Altiverb 6.
Audio Ease AltiVerb 7
New in AltiVerb 7
- Look & Feel – Altiverb 7 looks and feels better. Often used controls all line up on the front, while the more exotic ones are in drawers beneath.
- Picture Browser – The IR library is more accessible then ever because of Altiverb’s new visual browser: quicker loading, organize-by-size, and single click favorites.
- Keyword Searching – A powerful keyword search field makes you find items like ‘metallic resonances’ ‘bed room’, ‘street slapback’ or ‘brick studio’
- Brightness – An algorithmic synthetic reverb layer that is tightly tailored to the impulse response provides a type of brightness that an EQ could never boost from a real world room.
- News – Keep your IR library up to date from within Altiverb. You can go into Altiverb’s news tab, see what’s new and proceed to download and install without restarting, all from within Altiverb 7.
- Similar – The room does work, but it is not quite the perfect one yet? Hit Similar and Altiverb will suggest similar sounding alternatives to the chosen impulse response.
- TDM simplified – In Altiverb 7 XL, the TDM chip management can be done from within Altiverb, using one handy pop-up menu. This feature does away with the long list of Altiverbs in the TDM plug-in popup. On top of that Altiverb 7 XL allows the loading of all IR types (down to mono in / mono out) into a stereo to quad instance of Altiverb.
- Total Recall Automation – Everything, including the impulse response choice is automatable in Altiverb 7. This means that you do not have to jump through hoops to fully automate Altiverb 7. And while there are still single-click snapshots, you do not need them to automate Altiverb. You can even read which IR is chosen in the automation curve.
- Drag and drop – Just drop any audio onto Altiverb 7 to use it as an impulse response: sweep recordings, several type claps or bangs, or any kind of experimental audio like crashing cars or piano chords. The drag and drop IR feature includes new make-up curves that allows the making of decent IRs using a handheld portable radio, or even slates. Read more
- Chaos – Dial in a bit of chaotic modulation and not every hit will sound identical in the reverb. As a bonus tonal material will be dispersed which means that slightly out of tune notes will be covered up in the reverb tail.
- Interactive EQ curve – To operate the equalizers you can still use the familiar turning knobs. But Altiverb 7 adds an interactive equalizer curve that allows you to set al four bands including the widths of the parametric ones.
- And More… – Altiverb supports 64 bits. It has a new reverb gate, and straightforward pre-delay and attack parameters. Times can be set in note values locked to your song’s tempo, and you have 10 times as much space in the stage positioner.
Altiverb 7 supports 64 bits, is Intel Mac only for now, runs in all major VST Audio Unit and MAS hosts and in ProTools 8, 9 and 10 as a TDM plugin and as RTAS.
AltiVerb 7 for Mac is now available to purchase for 499 EUR excl. VAT. The upgrade is free for all altiverbs purchased in 2010 or later: a grace period of close to two years. Otherwise the upgrade costs 159 EUR.
More information: Audio Ease / AltiVerb 7
DUY has announced the Deep Analog EQ, an equalizer effect plug-in for Mac.
We are pleased to announce the availability of a brand new and breathtaking plug-in: the new Deep Analog EQ.
Available for RTAS, VST, Audio Units and MAS users running Mac OSX, it features full interactive graphic control with traditional knob adjustments, plus the Proprietary & exclusive Modelled Active Circuit Synthesis (MACS) technology integrated to resemble full analog operation in the digital domain.
Deep Analog EQ features
- Pure analogue sound with full digital control.
- Great depth control allows a virtually unlimited definition of analog warmth nuances.
- Fully interactive graphic control blends traditional knob adjust and graphic EQ.
- Proprietary & exclusive Modelled Active Circuit Synthesis (MACS) integrated to resemble full analog operation in the digital domain.
- 9 bell modes on each band, with an unheard-of sound colour variety.
- Noiseless hyperrealistic traditional filter nets, based on classic EQ circuitry.
- 10 bands of total frequency control.
- Comes with some 100 presets for easy-access operation.
Deep Analog EQ is available to purchase for 199 EUR excl. tax.
More information: DUY / Deep Analog EQ
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on May 31, 2011
iZotope has released version 1.1 of Nectar, a complete vocal processing toolkit for Windows and Mac.
Nectar is a complete set of 11 vocal production effects combined in one plug-in that’s designed to give you immediate results.
Built-in Styles get the grunt work out of the way so you can focus on the creative finishing touches.
Changes in Nectar v1.1
- Reverb improvements
- Nectar’s Reverb has been overhauled for a better sound, including improved workflow for dialing in great vocal reverb settings. Because of these changes, users may notice that sessions saved with Nectar Version 1.0 sound different. For guidelines on adjusting the Reverb of existing sessions in Version 1.1, please refer to this knowledgebase article.
- Pitch-related improvements
- Adds a “Non-formant preserving” mode, which allows you to turn formant preservation on or off. Small (less than 1.5 semitone) shifts that occur in subtle pitch correction often sound better with formant preservation turned off, while large shifts will be better with formant preservation on. Tip: Turning off formant preservation is also good for special effects (like the Chipmonk and Dark Lord Styles).
- In supported hosts, dragging a note in the Manual Pitch Editor now creates a color highlight to better see the target pitch of the note you’re dragging.
- In supported hosts, dragging a note will also produce a tone so you can hear the target pitch of the note you’re dragging.
- Pitch transpositions now sound more natural due to a change in the envelope shape.
- Optimizations to pitch correction algorithms for faster performance.
- Doubler improvements
- Adds Low, Medium, and High quality modes to the Doubler module. Note that the version 1.0 Doubler was the equivalent of the High quality mode.
- Doubler CPU usage is dramatically lowered in Version 1.1 (5.7x at High quality and 13x at Low quality).
- Other changes and fixes
- Improved host compatibility on OS X in 64-bit VST formats.
- Includes the new iZotope Crash Reporter to help customers automatically submit crash reports to iZotope for rapid diagnosis and bugfixing.
- In several hosts, keyboard shortcuts meant for the host are no longer “eaten” by some windows, especially in the floating Manual Pitch Editor window.
- Fix to iLok authorization issue in some hosts where loading Nectar prompted an “Error: unable to open protection interface” message.
- Stability enhanced in several hosts. Rare crashes or hangs in isolated hosts were also fixed.
- Performance improvements for Tracking mode.
- Pitch algorithm quality improvements: fixed bugs causing glitching such as stuttering, clicking, and popping.
- Minor bugfixes and performance enhancements.
Nectar for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $299 USD.
More information: iZotope / Nectar
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Wave Arts
Posted in news
on Mar 08, 2011
Wave Arts has announced the release of Dialog, an effect plug-in which combines all the processing needed to clean up, adjust, and sweeten recordings of the spoken voice.
It is perfect for voice-over, film/tv recordings on location or sound stage, and broadcast.
Dialog includes brickwall filters, de-hum and de-buzz processing, broadband noise reduction, de-ploding, de-essing, 10-band equalization, compression, and limiting. Separate presets for each section allow you to get results fast.
- 10-band EQ section with 11 different filter types and 64-bit processing.
- Low and high pass brickwall filters with various rolloff slopes.
- Hum and buzz removal.
- Broadband noise reduction.
- De-plode function for plosive or wind rumble attenuation.
- De-ess function for sibilant attenuation.
- Peak limiter.
- Comprehensive metering.
- Master preset manager and preset manager per section.
- Latency compensation.
- Fully automatable.
- Up to 192K support.
- Mono or stereo.
Dialog for Windows and Mac (VST/DX/RTAS/AU/MAS) is available to purchase for $249.95 USD.
More information: Wave Arts / Dialog
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 29, 2010
DUY has announced the release of Absolute Collection and Native Essentials, two new bundles of effect plug-ins.
DUY’s new “Native Essentials” bundle includes all of DUY’s plug-ins for Native systems, while “Absolute Collection” includes all TDM & Native plug-ins created by DUY.
Both bundles have a very special feature in particular: from the date of purchase, all plug-ins released by DUY in the next 12 months are delivered to the user of the bundle totally free! If we don’t make any new plug-ins in a year, you’d still be entitled to one new free plug-in, whenever we release it.
Additionally, DUY offers a very special price on these bundles if you purchase between 27 and 30 November 2010, with discounts up to $1200 off the usual retail price if you purchased the plug-ins individually. “Native Essentials” is on sale for EUR 595 (or $695) and “Absolute Collection” is priced, only during these days, at EUR 995 (or $1195).
More information: DUY