, Greg Chin
, Greg Lorbecki
, Hal Leonard
, Pro Tools
Posted in archive
on Nov 24, 2014 - 0 comments
Hal Leonard has announced it has published Mixing and Mastering with Pro Tools 11 and Producing Music with Pro Tools 11, two new Quick Pro Guides by certified Pro Tools trainer Greg Lorbecki and Avid pro audio specialist Greg “Stryke” Chin.
Given Pro Tools 11’s high-tech enhancements in delivery speed, ultra-low latency, inclusion of the Avid Audio Engine, and HD video-editing capability, users need practical guides to get up and running quickly and efficiently. In these focused guide, Lorbecki and Chin unlock the full potential of ProTools 11 as a professional mixing and mastering platform. They put the best of ProTools at the reader’s fingertips, with plenty of online sessions, audio examples, and video tutorials to guide them along the way.
Published as a Quick Pro Guide by Hal Leonard, both books are designed to help the readers quickly implement professional techniques into their music productions. These straightforward, task-driven, and easy-to-understand books cover material in a way that gets to the point and helps maximize creative and technical accomplishments. The books also include online media that provides audio and video demos as well as helpful key command charts and chapter review quizzes to reinforce key concepts.
The books are available for purchase for $19.99 USD each.
More information: Hal Leonard Books
Related: bass guitar
, multi fx
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Nov 19, 2014 - 0 comments
Positive Grid has announced the release of the Guitar Production Bundle for iPad, a bundle of its most successful guitar and audio post production apps – JamUp Pro, BIAS, and Final Touch, offering the ultimate solution for mobile recording guitarists and bassists.
Users can now create and design their own dream amp with BIAS, add stunning vintage and modern effects with JamUp, and professionally polish their final mixes with Final Touch, all right in their iPad at a greatly reduced price.
Guitar Production Bundle for iPad features
- JamUp — JamUp Pro is a complete powerhouse multi-effects processor for guitar and bass. It offers over 100 amps and effects, GarageBand integration, looper, iTunes player with tempo/pitch control, built-in tuner and metronome, live-view, preset manager, MIDI support, and more.
- BIAS — BIAS is an amp designer, modeler and processor that includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Users can modify these amps and virtually build their custom amps by swapping out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic to create their own distinctive signature sound. Users can also upload their amp creations to ToneCloud, BIAS’ own amp-sharing platform, to share their custom presets with other users.
- Final Touch — Final Touch combines seven essential mastering tools into one integrated system: Pre and Post Linear Phase EQ modules, a Dynamics module with a highly flexible stereo/mid-side multiband compressor/limiter, Stereo Imaging, Reverb, and a Maximizer with Comprehensive Dithering and noise-shaping options. The final mix can be exported and shared via email, Dropbox, iTunes and SoundCloud.
The Guitar Production Bundle for iPad is available for purchase for $29.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid
Synthblitz Audio has released version 1.2 of its VA RAXS multi-effect mastering rack plug-in for Windows.
VA RAXS is now equipped with its own saturators that allow the rack to operate in several modes, including one dedicated to the emulation of analog circuits.
Changes in VA RAXS v1.2
- New dB module processor (check dBfs and RMS for each module and for outputs).
- New features for sub (Q control and more).
- New feature cut-frequency for incoming signal (cut from 1 hZ up to 40 hZ).
- New switch Mono/Bypass for test (in the amplifier).
- 3 mode for processing incoming signal (bypass saturators, internal saturators and analog emulator).
- New shourtcuts and mouse double click – right click.
- New feature “after output compensation” (up to -1.5dBfs).
- New parameters for gain input and gain output.
- New internal saturators.
- New algorithm for va mode (circuit emulator).
- New flash alerts for output over the zero db (Show dB saturating and more).
- Show dBfs and RMS for each module (also RMS percentage in/out).
- Improved refresh for VU METER coil.
- Fixed error frequency eq 10k and 8 k and “Q” resonance problem.
- Changed parameters for eq (from +/-24 to +/-12dB, more usefull for mastering).
- Fixed preset parameters (resolve more error when save reverb eq and others in project).
- New Presets (up to 28 presets).
- Fixed “rename” in preset manager.
- Add new visual features in plasma emulator (amplifier).
- New parameter for predelay in reverb.
- Add post-delay for each channel in reverb.
- New Limiter settings, now double position switch (-0.1dBFS and -1dBFS).
- Modified limiter “speed control” now works with attack (more bass and RMS).
- Improved “fast mode” compressor.
VA RAXS for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 39 EUR.
More information: SynthBlitz Audio / VA RAXS
iZotope has released Ozone 6, the latest version of the creative mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
Elevate a good-sounding mix to a professional-sounding master with Ozone. iZotope’s critically acclaimed mastering software has all the tools you need to produce a full and polished sound.
With a striking new interface and a modern workflow, Ozone 6 both guides and inspires your creativity at every step.
The Advanced version of Ozone 6 includes a powerful new Dynamic EQ that lives and breathes with your music, as well as eight component plug-ins and a suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone 6
- New Analog Hardware-modeled EQ filter shapes — Harness the sonic characteristics of classic EQ designs with new filter shapes including Baxandall Bass and Treble filters and API-style Proportional Q filters. Also new to Ozone 6 are Band Shelf filters and Resonant High and Low shelves.
- Surgical Mode — All digital linear-phase filters are now matched to analog shapes; however, Surgical Mode allows you to utilize the precision of digital shapes for extreme cuts with minimum slope.
- Variable EQ Phase Control — Digital linear-phase filters now feature per-node variable phase control for subtly adding phase delay to smooth out boosts that may sound harsh.
- Seamless Bypass — Audition changes to your audio by gain-matching bypassed audio to your Ozone-processed signal for faster and more accurate A/B testing.
- Customizable Signal Chain — Host your third-party VST/AU plug-ins in the standalone application. Then build your mastering signal chain from scratch or load a preset and add, remove, and swap the order of modules.
- Module Gain Meters — Monitor gain-staging across processing modules with Module Gain Meters that instantly illustrate where you’re boosting and cutting gain across your signal chain.
- Transient Emphasis — Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients by preserving sharp attacks.
- Diode and Dual Triode Exciter Modes — Modeled after actual hardware circuitry, these Exciter modes offer vintage saturation from subtle warmth to more pronounced edge.
- Stereoize Control — Add width to narrow or mono recordings without introducing phase artifacts.
- Variable Knee Compression — Get precise control over compression characteristics by choosing between hard and soft compression.
- Dynamics Detection Enhancements — Simulate smoother analog-style compression with both High-Pass and API Thrust-inspired Tilt filters. Use the True Envelope detection mode for RMS-style compression (flat frequency response and low distortion) triggered equally across the frequency spectrum.
- New Presets — All newly designed presets utilize the improvements introduced in Ozone 6 including new Component Plug-in Presets with Ozone Advanced.
- Standalone Application — Now available as both a plug-in and as a standalone application, Ozone 6 adds a number of forward-thinking features that simplify traditional mastering workflows, including:
- Automatic color-coded waveform segmentation.
- Tops/tails trims and fades with multiple shape types.
- Third-party plug-in hosting (VST/AU Support).
- Single/all-track export with iZotope SRC (sample rate conversion).
- Auto-adjusted MBIT+ Dither at output.
- Fully contained project folders.
Changes in Ozone 6 Advanced
- Dynamic EQ Module — Ozone Advanced adds the new Dynamic EQ module, an EQ that lives and breathes with your music. Harness the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor. Integrated with an intuitive workflow, these processors work in concert to create a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Dynamic EQ Component Plug-in — Ozone 6 Advanced also includes a component Dynamic EQ plug-in for use throughout your audio editing software signal chain.
Ozone 6 is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD through November 13th, 2014 (regular $249 USD). Ozone 6 Advanced is $599 USD (regular $999 USD).
More information: iZotope / Ozone 6
iZotope has announced Ozone 6, the upcoming update to its complete mastering system for Windows and Mac.
Ozone 6, the latest version of iZotope’s complete mastering system, has a workflow centered around creativity: A redesigned, modern interface guides and inspires users of all experience levels at every step, so you can freely experiment with ease.
Reinvent timeless sounds by harnessing the sonic texture of classic analog gear, then tweak with the surgical precision of digital software. An intuitive display and robust visual feedback let you dial in your signature sound in just a few clicks.
Whether you’re a professional engineer or a home studio producer, Ozone 6 gives you everything you need to effortlessly produce professional-sounding masters in one elegant package.
Ozone 5 is currently on sale for $199 USD / $599 USD (Ozone 5 Advanced). A free upgrade to Ozone 6 is included with a purchase.
More information: iZotope
More posts that match this tag
Positive Grid has announced that version 1.1.0 of its Final Touch audio post production system for iOS now includes real-time auditioning through the Apple AAC encoder, which provides accurate level metering and preparation for Mastered … read more
Focal Press has announced the third edition of Mastering Audio – The Art and the Science, a book by Bob Katz on audio mastering. Completely rewritten and organized to address changes that will continue to … read more
Synthblitz Audio has released version 1.1 of VA RAXS, a vintage-looking effect rack, designed for mastering and remastering. Changes in VA RAXS v1.1 New 16 + 16 band EQ with adjustable “Q”. New stereo image … read more
Minimal System has announced a limited time sale on the MasterMix Buss Compressor, an analogue modelled buss compression effect plug-in for Windows. The MasterMix Buss Compressor is a labour of love for us here at … read more
Synthblitz Audio has announced the release of VA RAXS, a virtual mastering rack for Windows. VA RAXS is a vintage-looking rack, designed for mastering and remastering of any sound materials. This virtual rack consists of … read more
TB-Software has released version 1.2 of Euphonia, an optimal audio spectrum balancing plug-in for the mastering stage. Euphonia compares the spectral fingerprint against build-in curves (Pop/Rock/Dance/Jazz/DubStep) and calculates filter settings so that the spectrum of … read more
Igor Vasiliev at iMusicAlbum has updated the Audio Mastering app for iPad to version 2.7. Audio Mastering is designed to be the first application for iPad with 96 kHz internal and external processing truly provides … read more
LVC-Audio has announced the release of Toned and TonedPLUS, two tone shaping effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac. TonedPLUS is a specialized tone shaping plugin with selectable analog modeling. Toned is released as part of … read more
Outbound link: LVC-Audio
– Related: AAX
, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 05, 2014 - 0 comments
Singomakers has launched Cubase Mastering Templates, the first title in a new series of mastering, mixing and track templates. The first one of this series is Mastering Templates for Steinberg Cubase! 16 Mastering templates for … read more
Youlean has released Freq-Balancer, a frequency analysis/equalizer effect plug-in designed for mastering. The Freq-Balancer is mainly designed for mastering, but it can be used when mixing down songs, as well on the separate tracks. Freq-Balancer … read more
Sample Magic has announced the release of two new sound packs. Mixing & Mastering is a new Ableton Magic Racks title, featuring 5 custom Ableton Racks for dance mixing and mastering. Five all-new Ableton racks … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 8.5, an update to its audio editing and mastering suite for Windows and Mac. WaveLab 8.5, the latest generation of the ultimate audio editing and mastering suite, is … read more
iMusicAlbum has announced version 2.5 of the of Audio Mastering app for iPad. Audio Mastering is the first fully functional professional quality audio mastering application for iPad. For everyone who wants to take their final … read more
Universal Audio has announced that its direct developer partner Brainworx has released three plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces. Chandler Limited GAV19T Amplifier Plug-In Available exclusively for UAD-2 DSP Accelerators … read more
Outbound link: Universal Audio
– Related: amp
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Apr 16, 2014 - 0 comments
iMusicAlbum has released version 2.4 of the Audio Mastering, a fully functional professional quality audio mastering application for iPad. For everyone who wants to take their final mixes to the next level. Precise control of … read more