Synthblitz Audio has released version 1.2 of its VA RAXS multi-effect mastering rack plug-in for Windows.
VA RAXS is now equipped with its own saturators that allow the rack to operate in several modes, including one dedicated to the emulation of analog circuits.
Changes in VA RAXS v1.2
- New dB module processor (check dBfs and RMS for each module and for outputs).
- New features for sub (Q control and more).
- New feature cut-frequency for incoming signal (cut from 1 hZ up to 40 hZ).
- New switch Mono/Bypass for test (in the amplifier).
- 3 mode for processing incoming signal (bypass saturators, internal saturators and analog emulator).
- New shourtcuts and mouse double click – right click.
- New feature “after output compensation” (up to -1.5dBfs).
- New parameters for gain input and gain output.
- New internal saturators.
- New algorithm for va mode (circuit emulator).
- New flash alerts for output over the zero db (Show dB saturating and more).
- Show dBfs and RMS for each module (also RMS percentage in/out).
- Improved refresh for VU METER coil.
- Fixed error frequency eq 10k and 8 k and “Q” resonance problem.
- Changed parameters for eq (from +/-24 to +/-12dB, more usefull for mastering).
- Fixed preset parameters (resolve more error when save reverb eq and others in project).
- New Presets (up to 28 presets).
- Fixed “rename” in preset manager.
- Add new visual features in plasma emulator (amplifier).
- New parameter for predelay in reverb.
- Add post-delay for each channel in reverb.
- New Limiter settings, now double position switch (-0.1dBFS and -1dBFS).
- Modified limiter “speed control” now works with attack (more bass and RMS).
- Improved “fast mode” compressor.
VA RAXS for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 39 EUR.
More information: SynthBlitz Audio / VA RAXS
iZotope has released Ozone 6, the latest version of the creative mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
Elevate a good-sounding mix to a professional-sounding master with Ozone. iZotope’s critically acclaimed mastering software has all the tools you need to produce a full and polished sound.
With a striking new interface and a modern workflow, Ozone 6 both guides and inspires your creativity at every step.
The Advanced version of Ozone 6 includes a powerful new Dynamic EQ that lives and breathes with your music, as well as eight component plug-ins and a suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone 6
- New Analog Hardware-modeled EQ filter shapes — Harness the sonic characteristics of classic EQ designs with new filter shapes including Baxandall Bass and Treble filters and API-style Proportional Q filters. Also new to Ozone 6 are Band Shelf filters and Resonant High and Low shelves.
- Surgical Mode — All digital linear-phase filters are now matched to analog shapes; however, Surgical Mode allows you to utilize the precision of digital shapes for extreme cuts with minimum slope.
- Variable EQ Phase Control — Digital linear-phase filters now feature per-node variable phase control for subtly adding phase delay to smooth out boosts that may sound harsh.
- Seamless Bypass — Audition changes to your audio by gain-matching bypassed audio to your Ozone-processed signal for faster and more accurate A/B testing.
- Customizable Signal Chain — Host your third-party VST/AU plug-ins in the standalone application. Then build your mastering signal chain from scratch or load a preset and add, remove, and swap the order of modules.
- Module Gain Meters — Monitor gain-staging across processing modules with Module Gain Meters that instantly illustrate where you’re boosting and cutting gain across your signal chain.
- Transient Emphasis — Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients by preserving sharp attacks.
- Diode and Dual Triode Exciter Modes — Modeled after actual hardware circuitry, these Exciter modes offer vintage saturation from subtle warmth to more pronounced edge.
- Stereoize Control — Add width to narrow or mono recordings without introducing phase artifacts.
- Variable Knee Compression — Get precise control over compression characteristics by choosing between hard and soft compression.
- Dynamics Detection Enhancements — Simulate smoother analog-style compression with both High-Pass and API Thrust-inspired Tilt filters. Use the True Envelope detection mode for RMS-style compression (flat frequency response and low distortion) triggered equally across the frequency spectrum.
- New Presets — All newly designed presets utilize the improvements introduced in Ozone 6 including new Component Plug-in Presets with Ozone Advanced.
- Standalone Application — Now available as both a plug-in and as a standalone application, Ozone 6 adds a number of forward-thinking features that simplify traditional mastering workflows, including:
- Automatic color-coded waveform segmentation.
- Tops/tails trims and fades with multiple shape types.
- Third-party plug-in hosting (VST/AU Support).
- Single/all-track export with iZotope SRC (sample rate conversion).
- Auto-adjusted MBIT+ Dither at output.
- Fully contained project folders.
Changes in Ozone 6 Advanced
- Dynamic EQ Module — Ozone Advanced adds the new Dynamic EQ module, an EQ that lives and breathes with your music. Harness the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor. Integrated with an intuitive workflow, these processors work in concert to create a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Dynamic EQ Component Plug-in — Ozone 6 Advanced also includes a component Dynamic EQ plug-in for use throughout your audio editing software signal chain.
Ozone 6 is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD through November 13th, 2014 (regular $249 USD). Ozone 6 Advanced is $599 USD (regular $999 USD).
More information: iZotope / Ozone 6
iZotope has announced Ozone 6, the upcoming update to its complete mastering system for Windows and Mac.
Ozone 6, the latest version of iZotope’s complete mastering system, has a workflow centered around creativity: A redesigned, modern interface guides and inspires users of all experience levels at every step, so you can freely experiment with ease.
Reinvent timeless sounds by harnessing the sonic texture of classic analog gear, then tweak with the surgical precision of digital software. An intuitive display and robust visual feedback let you dial in your signature sound in just a few clicks.
Whether you’re a professional engineer or a home studio producer, Ozone 6 gives you everything you need to effortlessly produce professional-sounding masters in one elegant package.
Ozone 5 is currently on sale for $199 USD / $599 USD (Ozone 5 Advanced). A free upgrade to Ozone 6 is included with a purchase.
More information: iZotope
Positive Grid has announced that version 1.1.0 of its Final Touch audio post production system for iOS now includes real-time auditioning through the Apple AAC encoder, which provides accurate level metering and preparation for Mastered for iTunes process on a Mac.
With this new update, Final Touch adds real-time auditioning through the Apple AAC encoder, which provides accurate level metering and preparation for Mastered for iTunes process on a Mac. The AAC format is considered to be the successor of the MP3 format, as it delivers better sound quality than MP3 at similar bit rates.
Final Touch combines seven essential mastering tools into one integrated system: Pre and Post Linear Phase EQ modules, a Dynamics module with a highly flexible stereo/mid-side multiband compressor/limiter, Stereo Imaging, Reverb, and a Maximizer with Comprehensive Dithering and noise-shaping options. The final mix can be exported and shared via email, Dropbox, iTunes and SoundCloud.
The new Final Touch update includes the new AAC preview feature, an increased 256kbps bitrate in AAC format exporting, and overall performance improvements. Positive Grid will continue working with Apple engineers to release the right tools to export any mastered track using “Mastered for iTunes” directly from Final Touch.
Final Touch is available for purchase for $19.99 USD from the iTunes App Store. The app requires an iPad 2 or newer to operate.
More information: Positive Grid / Final Touch
Focal Press has announced the third edition of Mastering Audio – The Art and the Science, a book by Bob Katz on audio mastering.
Completely rewritten and organized to address changes that will continue to influence the audio world, this third edition includes several new chapters addressing the influence of loudness measurement and assessment and provides explanation of how mastering engineers must integrate loudness measurement and PLR assessment in their mastering techniques.
Mastering Audio: The Art and the Science, Third Edition also includes the newest approaches to equalization, monitor response measurement and correction, the psychoacoustics of clipping, an extended discussion of restoration and noise reduction techniques, an extended set of listening examples, and an updated chapter on surround mastering including coverage of Pure Audio BluRay.
“You need to read this book – it’s up-to-date, factual and it will help take you to a new golden age of audio production and mastering.” – Bob Ludwig , Grammy winning Mastering Engineer
The book is available for purchase for $39.95 USD / £25.99 GBP.
More information: Focal Press / Mastering Audio – The Art and the Science
More posts that match this tag
Synthblitz Audio has released version 1.1 of VA RAXS, a vintage-looking effect rack, designed for mastering and remastering. Changes in VA RAXS v1.1 New 16 + 16 band EQ with adjustable “Q”. New stereo image … read more
Minimal System has announced a limited time sale on the MasterMix Buss Compressor, an analogue modelled buss compression effect plug-in for Windows. The MasterMix Buss Compressor is a labour of love for us here at … read more
Synthblitz Audio has announced the release of VA RAXS, a virtual mastering rack for Windows. VA RAXS is a vintage-looking rack, designed for mastering and remastering of any sound materials. This virtual rack consists of … read more
TB-Software has released version 1.2 of Euphonia, an optimal audio spectrum balancing plug-in for the mastering stage. Euphonia compares the spectral fingerprint against build-in curves (Pop/Rock/Dance/Jazz/DubStep) and calculates filter settings so that the spectrum of … read more
Igor Vasiliev at iMusicAlbum has updated the Audio Mastering app for iPad to version 2.7. Audio Mastering is designed to be the first application for iPad with 96 kHz internal and external processing truly provides … read more
LVC-Audio has announced the release of Toned and TonedPLUS, two tone shaping effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac. TonedPLUS is a specialized tone shaping plugin with selectable analog modeling. Toned is released as part of … read more
Outbound link: LVC-Audio
– Related: AAX
, Developer Challenge
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 05, 2014 - 0 comments
Singomakers has launched Cubase Mastering Templates, the first title in a new series of mastering, mixing and track templates. The first one of this series is Mastering Templates for Steinberg Cubase! 16 Mastering templates for … read more
Youlean has released Freq-Balancer, a frequency analysis/equalizer effect plug-in designed for mastering. The Freq-Balancer is mainly designed for mastering, but it can be used when mixing down songs, as well on the separate tracks. Freq-Balancer … read more
Sample Magic has announced the release of two new sound packs. Mixing & Mastering is a new Ableton Magic Racks title, featuring 5 custom Ableton Racks for dance mixing and mastering. Five all-new Ableton racks … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 8.5, an update to its audio editing and mastering suite for Windows and Mac. WaveLab 8.5, the latest generation of the ultimate audio editing and mastering suite, is … read more
iMusicAlbum has announced version 2.5 of the of Audio Mastering app for iPad. Audio Mastering is the first fully functional professional quality audio mastering application for iPad. For everyone who wants to take their final … read more
Universal Audio has announced that its direct developer partner Brainworx has released three plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces. Chandler Limited GAV19T Amplifier Plug-In Available exclusively for UAD-2 DSP Accelerators … read more
Outbound link: Universal Audio
– Related: amp
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Apr 16, 2014 - 0 comments
iMusicAlbum has released version 2.4 of the Audio Mastering, a fully functional professional quality audio mastering application for iPad. For everyone who wants to take their final mixes to the next level. Precise control of … read more
Minimal System has introduced the Mini Mastering Bundle, a collection of two compressor/limiter effect plug-ins for Windows. The Mini Mastering Bundle contains two of our flagship plugins from our established range. Included in this bundle … read more
Positive Grid has announced the release of Final Touch – Complete Mastering System for iPad, a suite that combines nuanced techniques of mastering with Positive Grid’s expertise on mobile design. The Final Touch app offers … read more