Toontrack has launched Mastering II EZmix Pack, a new mastering pack for the EZmix 2 software for Windows and Mac.
After the massive success of the Mastering EZmix Pack, Toontrack just released a second collection of settings completely devoted to mastering. Just like the first volume, Mastering II EZmix Pack was designed by Mats “Limpan” Lindfors, senior engineer at the leading mastering studio in Scandinavia, Cutting Room.
Equipped with an expanded selection of back-end effects to work with, he has crafted a comprehensive batch of one-click signal chains to complement the first pack. Mastering II EZmix Pack tackles new obstacles to overcome, new styles, genres and paints an overall broader scope to the EZmix Line and the content geared specifically towards mastering.
Mastering II EZmix Pack features
- Continues where the Mastering EZmix Pack left off.
- 50 custom-made signal chain presets.
- Content for different styles, genres and mastering needs.
- Designed by mastering engineer Mats “Limpan” Lindfors.
The EZmix Pack costs $49 USD / 39 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Mastering II EZmix Pack
Ola Wistedt and Mats Lindfors have released version 1.0 (release candidate 1) of TheDrumSource, a sample based drum machine instrument for Windows.
It has a sequencer and a built in sample browser. It looks and “feels” like a classic (x0x) hardware drum machine.
TheDrumSource is designed with the purpose to be very simple and easy to work with even if you are used to work with hardware drum machines or not. The built in sample browser in TheDrumsource makes it very easy to navigate through your samples. The sequencer can be running when looking for new samples. You will hear the sample the moment you selects it. There is also a quick button to select the previous and next sample in the same directory as the current selected sample. TheDrumsource has a very short time to get started on making your beats.
- Built in sample browser suited for a easy workflow when working with samples. And almost all of TheDrumSource’s functions is still available while browsing.
- Built in sequencer that has 24 sequences for your patterns. The patterns are of the 16-step bar type
- Support for many sample formats (including 24 bit samples): WAV, AIFF, AIFC, AU, SND, RAW, PAF, IFF, SVX, SF, VOC, W64, MAT4, MAT5, PVF, XI, HTK, CAF, SD2, FLAC, OGG.
- A GUI that can be resized to suit you screen.
- A quick button to change the next and previous sample in current directory of the selected sample.
- A stereo output channel for each drum. And a mode to mix down all channels temporary into one stereo channel for quick tests to get you up and running a little bit faster on some hosts.
- The SYNC mode. The sequencer is synced by the host (DAW) and you control which of the 24 track to be played with MIDI (octave 2 and 3).
- The MIDI mode. The samples can be played through midi keyboard (octave 1) with the sequencer turned off.
- The RUN mode. Lets you play around with the TheDrumsource sequencer when your host (DAW) is not running.
- Clean interface so you don’t get distracted in your creative work. TheDrumsource uses context menus to make this possible.
TheDrumSource is available to download as a free VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
More information: TheDrumSource