Puremagnetik has announced the release of PitchSwitch, a new Max for Live device which allows you to repitch and reshape anything in Ableton Live.
Developed in conjunction with Max for Cats, Puremagnetik has released PitchSwitch – an inspiring device that creatively reshapes incoming audio.
Whether you are a studio-based sound designer or a touring live performer, PitchSwitch transforms your clips in unexpected, yet consistently musical ways.
- Step Sequence
- Sequence up to 8 steps of varying pitch modulations.
- Select from a variety of sequencing modes including random, forwards and backwards.
- Transient Sequence
- Use your clip transients to control the sequence steps.
- Adjust transient density, sensitivity and more.
- Push Ready
- PitchSwitch controls map instantly to Ableton Push.
- Immediate, hands-on control in the studio or on stage.
PitchSwitch is available for purchase for the introductory price of $9 USD through September 5th, 2014. Requires Ableton Live 9.1 and higher with Max for Live.
More information: Puremagnetik / PitchSwitch
UplandToys has launched Midular, a collection of modular MIDI processing modules for Max for Live.
Midular is my latest venture into MIDI processing software, built in the Max for Live environment.
The modules can be chained together in a modular fashion to form any number of effect chains. Used in isolation, they can act as problem solvers, such as quantizing notes in real-time, repeating incoming notes, or sequencing incoming notes.
By chaining several modules together, one can create a vast array of different MIDI processing chains that can be used to support various forms of algorithmically aided composition.
Midular is a free download (GPL license).
More information: UplandToys / Midular
Fabrizio Poce has released version 2.0 of J74 Progressive, a Max for Live tool set for chord progression making and harmonic editing.
The new version provides new functionality for chord progression editing, MIDI clip editing (humanize velocity and timing) and for detecting musical information in audio material (notes, chords, scales).
Changes in Progressive v2.0
- Techniques for borrowed chords and accidentals.
- Additional control for chord inversion.
- Additional control to arpeggio settings (note can be omitted).
- Swing, groove and velocity dynamics.
- A new device, the “Audio Analyzer”, which processes audio input in real time visualizing notes and extracting chord and scale information.
Progressive is available for purchase for $12 USD.
More information: J74 / Progressive
Benniy C. Bascom has released Polyrhythmus, a Max for Live device for sequencing drums, melodies, CCs and parameters and/or build very complex yet mathematically logical and uncommon arpeggios for live purposes.
POLYRHYTHMUS is a rhythm sequencer, arpeggio builder, cc and parameter automator and mathematical geek.
build polyrhythmic (counterpoint, polymetric etc) patterns, use them (live) as arpeggiators and/or to sequence drums, CCs, parameters of your live etc. run sequences sinusodial, trigger one sequence with another, have 23 steps run in the same time as 5 others do, skip steps, randomize parameters and alot more. give the long video a chance.
The device is a free download (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial)
More information: Polyrhythmus
Amazing Noises has released Pulsor, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Max for Live.
It is essentially a monophonic synth that produces glitching/pulsing sounds and complex rhythmic soundscapes thanks to its odd circuitry.
It can also create evolving lead synth sounds, monophonic bass timbres and many other unexpected noises.
Pulsor is available for purchase for the introductory price of 15 EUR until July 20th, 2014 (regular 20 EUR).
More information: Amazing Noises / Pulsor
Spektro Audio has released version 1.1 of Komplex, a Max for Live synthesizer instrument inspired by the Buchla 261e module.
The 1.1 update fixes a couple of issues that we had with the 1.0 version and brings many new features such as polyphony, envelope curves and new waveforms for the Mod LFO.
Changes in Komplex v1.1
- Major sound engine improvement – We re-designed the sound engine to make Komplex sound a lot better!.
- Polyphony – Komplex can now play up to 8 voices! You can now use Komplex to create some beautiful FM keys.
- Improvements to the Wave Morph section – morphing between the 3 waveforms sounds a lot smoother.
- Improvements to the 3 ADSR E.G.s – adjustable curves (Log – Lin – Expo) and equivalent ranges to all 3 E.G.s.
- New “Vel” buttons let’s you enable or disable velocity control for the FM and Morph / Shape envelopes independently.
- Improved FM section – we’ve fixed some issued related to the FM section and the modulating wave’s phase.
- You can now choose from 6 different waveforms for modulation: Sine, Triangle, Saw, Ramp, Square and S&H.
- Minor design improvements to improve usability.
- Fixed Shaper control range.
- New preset bank.
Komplex is available for purchase for $8 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / Komplex
Desert Sound Studios has released version 1.2 of Mk-iii, a fully-featured modular drum machine built for Ableton Live.
The Mk-iii combines the latest music technology with classic synthesizer design. The result is a musical instrument that’s meant to be played.
The core of the Mk-iii drum revolves around two completely independant Max for Live devices, a step sequencer and a sample playback module. Though each device can be used on its own, the Mk-iii drum machine is only realized when the two devices combine into a single musical instrument.
Changes in Mk-iii v1.2
- Unused parameters no longer affect Lives undo history.
- Drum Module decay settings now load properly on startup.
- Sequencer settings now saved with Live Project (v1.1).
- Adds clear and reset functions to Sequencer (v1.1).
- Adds new MK-iii Effects device (v1.1).
Mk-iii is available for purchase for $23.99 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Live 8 or 9 with Max for Live Add-on.
More information: Desert Sound Studios / Mk-iii