iox AudioWare has released Titan 410X, a non-destructive loudness maximizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Titan is designed to sculpt your music to maximum levels, fullness, and clarity without pumping artifacts or loss of transients. It uses a non-destructive two stage gain and “contour” control to achieve high average loudness while enhancing or maintaining low level details.
Although originally designed as a master bus effect, Titan can be used as an insert on individual tracks with very low latency. The output stage consists of a brickwall limiter with adjustable soft clip to “soften” clipped signal levels. Monitoring peak and average signal levels is critical in the mastering stage which is why an alphanumerical meter display is provided for quick and easy checks of the input or output levels.
Titan 410X Precision Maximizer features
- Processing utilizes 64 bit floating point.
- Alphanumerical display for easy monitoring of signal levels even in bypass mode.
- Low latency, which makes syncing real-time audio and MIDI possible.
- Pre-process “over” 0dB indicator LEDs to detect a “hot” input signal.
- Adjustable soft-clip algorithm to reduce harsh signal.
The Rack Extension is available to purchase for 55 EUR.
More information: iox AudioWare
Related: Antonio Blanca
, Twisted Tools
Posted in news
on Jun 19, 2013
Twisted Tools has announced the release of MSMAX, a Maximizer effect and Mid/Side Matrix plugin for Reaktor.
As a Maximizer, MSMAX can be used for anything from subtle to extreme loudness maximization to get individual tracks or mixes sounding loud and finalized. As a Mid/Side matrix, MSMAX can be used to encode, decode and process Mid/Side signals to add width or create stereo imaging effects. With near-zero latency and CPU efficient code, you can use it on any type of track and run multiple instances without bogging down your system.
MSMAX also features a flexible and easy to use insert effects path, that allows you to insert your own effects to be applied to either the Left/Right or Mid/Side signals. To get you started, MSMAX includes an example effect called Nanoverb, which allows you to apply EQ and/or Reverb to any channel.
Lastly, MSMAX has a Sidechain Ducker at the output stage for some classic volume ducking or pumping effects. There are several modes to choose from to achieve instant results. For example, setting the Sidechain Ducker to auto mode will produce a 1/4 note pumping effect. Set it to ‘Self’ mode and you can duck a delay on a vocal track using the vocal itself as the sidechain input.
Whether you use MSMAX to slam your drum bus, apply creative M/S techniques within Reaktor or squeeze some more volume out of your master, MSMAX is a versatile production tool with several tricks up its sleeve.
MSMAX comes with a Lemur template by Antonio Blanca to control MSMAX remotely using an iPad and Liine’s Lemur application.
- Stereo Maximizer.
- Flexible Mid/Side Matrix (Encode/Decode Input and Output).
- Sidechain Volume Ducker (Sidechain using: Audio, MIDI, Auto, Self).
- Insert effects path (Pre/Post Maximizer).
- Use your own effects.
- Output Limiter.
- Mono Summing.
- Dry/Wet Mix with internal latency compensation.
- Near-zero Latency (1 sample).
- Low CPU.
- Phase flip (Standard or Pre-Decode M/S for 180 degree flip).
- Nanoverb Example Insert Effect (Reverb and EQ).
- Switchless switching for instant A/B’ing settings without clicks or pauses.
- Lemur template by Antonio Blanca.
- Free incremental updates.
MSMAX for Reaktor costs $39 USD. MSMAX comes with an additional 15% OFF coupon when you buy it before August 1st, 2013. All other Twisted Tools products are available at a 15% discount in the Summer Special Savings sale.
More information: Twisted Tools / MSMAX
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Apr 03, 2013
Kuassa is celebrating its anniversary with a limited time sale on its effect plugins for Windows and Mac.
3 years have passed since the launch of Kuassa’s first commercial product, Amplifikation One, in April 2010.
To celebrate Kuassa’s 3rd anniversary, enjoy our special pricing for the month of April 2013
Kuassa Anniversary Sale
- Amplifikation One now $24.97, 50% off regular $49.95 USD.
- Kratos Maximizer now $41.97, 40% off regular $69.95 USD.
- Amplifikation Creme now $23.80, 30% off regular $34 USD.
- Amplifikation Vermilion now $27.30, 30% off regular $39 USD.
The sale ends April 30th, 2013.
More information: Kuassa
Elements Plugins has updated the freeware MaxxSonixx sonic maximizer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Sonic Maximizer is dual band enhancer modeled after a popular unit for sonic enhancement.
MaxxSonixx was originally released as a JS plugin for Reaper.
Changes in MaxxSonixx
- Oversampling 2x.
- Zipper noise supressed on “Output” knob.
MaxxSonixx is available as a freeware effect for Windows and Mac (VST/standalone).
More information: Elements Plugins
Thomas Mundt has released version 1.12 of LoudMax, a free maximizer effect plug-in.
LoudMax is a Look-Ahead Brickwall Loudness Maximizer Plugin with a clean transparent sound. It is designed to retain the original character of the music as much as possible even at high compression levels.
Changes in LoudMax v1.12
- Improved transparency. Transients and punch will retain more precise.
- 64bit versions.
- GUI-less Windows VST version.
LoudMax for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download at no cost.
More information: LoudMax
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 24, 2013
iZotope has updated its Ozone 5 mastering effects suite to version 5.03.
iZotope’s complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools: Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds seven additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and a comprehensive suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone v5.03
- Plug-in formats: Added AAX Native support for Pro Tools 10.
- Operating systems: Added Windows 8 support.
- Operating systems: Added OS X 10.8 support.
- Feature enhancement: Changed wording of “Match From” to “Reference” for the Matching EQ.
- [Ozone Advanced] Fix: Improved Host Bypass communication for component plug-ins (Advanced feature only).
Ozone 5 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $249 USD (Ozone 5) / $999 USD (Ozone 5 Advanced).
More information: iZotope / Ozone
DMAX Audio has launched with the release of a bundle of mastering plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
We proudly present our brand new bundle of mastering plug-ins! It contains four plug-ins — Equalizer, Loudness Maximizer, Peak Limiter and Stereo Enhancer.
They were developed with the help of innovative methods and approaches. We hope that these plug-ins will satisfy the highest demands of audio industry professionals and establish new quality standards in digital signal processing.
DMAX Audio mastering plugins
- DEQ Type A, a linear-phase mastering quality 10-bands graphic stereo EQ based on phase shifts. It has unique sharp sound especially at low frequencies. DEQ perfectly retains drums and percussions transients. It is ideal for complex audio signal equalization.
- DLIM, a brickwall loudness maximizer based on superfast gain reduction. It treats the sound very gently. There are several working modes with different modulation waveforms which allow to retain more original low frequencies in the mix. It is optimized for heavy limiting of hard music (up to -8/-7db total RMS).
- DMAX, entirely new-type peak limiter. It is based on the unique proprietary algorithm and can be used as a loudness maximizer of a complex signal with drums or percussions. For processing the signal DMAX does not use gain reduction therefore it fully retains stereo imaging and original drum transients. It yields completely different sound, unlike usual maximizers.
- DSE, a stereo enhancer based on the S-channel equalization. It is intended for changing of the stereo imaging of the mix. ULF-adding feature allows to make additional stereo effect.
The plug-ins are now available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST), priced at $89.95 USD for the DEQ Type A, $99.95 USD each for the DLIM and DMAX, and $49.95 USD for the DSE.
In celebration of the website launch, all plugins are 20% off until January 1st, 2013.
More information: DMAX Audio
Kuassa has announced it is offering a 30% discount on all its plug-ins until January 1st, 2013.
Kuassa’s Pro guitar amp and maximizer effect plugins are 30% off now.
* Amplifikation Vermilion $27 (normal price $39)
* Amplifikation Creme $24 (normal price $34)
* Amplifikation One $34.95 (normal price $49.95)
* Kratos Maximizer $49.95 (normal price $69.95)
Also for celebrating this holiday season, “Buy as Gift” feature are now added. Head up to our shop at http://www.kuassa.com/shop !
More information: Kuassa