iZotope has announced the release of its Ozone Maximizer professional mastering tool designed to complement Reason workflow.
izoTope’s Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension mastering tool for Reason.
The Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension is an essential mastering tool for adding fullness and polish to music produced in Reason. The original Ozone Maximizer has been used on countless recordings in varied genres like Rock, Hip Hop, Electronic, Classical and more. iZotope has now adapted this acclaimed technology for Reason, extending the Reason Rack with a versatile tool trusted by professional musicians and engineers worldwide.
“Many of us at iZotope have longed for the day that we could use more of our favorite production tools, like Ozone’s Maximizer, right inside of Reason,” said Nick Dika, Senior Product Manager for iZotope.“That day has come! Rack Extensions are a great solution for opening up the Reason rack to more world-class audio effects and instruments, and we are excited to be part of the launch with one of our flagship technologies.”
iZotope redesigned the Ozone Maximizer to perfectly complement the workflow Reason users know and love, making it an ideal addition to Reason’s Master Section. With iZotope’s exclusive IRC (Intelligent Release Control) technology, the Ozone Maximizer excels at boosting the overall loudness of a mix without causing distortion or pumping. This Rack Extension also includes iZotope’s renowned MBIT+ Dither, letting users preserve the quality of Reason sessions when exporting audio for CD or MP3. With the Ozone Maximizer, users can give their mixes the final polish they deserve, without ever leaving Reason!
“We are extremely happy to see iZotope, with their sense of quality and usability, inside the Reason rack,” adds Mats Karlöf, Product Manager at Propellerheads . “iZotope’s flagship technology, the Ozone Maximizer with its dithering function, have made Reason an even more complete end-to-end solution, helping people to put the finishing touches on their projects. I wake up every morning with a smile on my face thanks to the clever people at iZotope.”
Ozone Maximizer RE features
- 2 Intelligent Release Control (IRC) limiter modes: IRC I and IRC II.
- 2 low-latency limiting modes Hard(Brickwall) and Soft.
- High-precision threshold control with integrated gain reduction metering.
- Speed knob control for adjusting the character of the IRC Limiter from slow and transparent to fast and aggressive.
- Variable Stereo Link control for independent limiting of left and right channels.
- Inter-sample Limiting to predict when a digital signal might clip in the analog domain, and to automatically prevent these over’s.
- Margin control for precise control of the output level, helping to dial back peak levels for better encoding to formats like MP3.
- iZotope MBIT+ Dither for highest quality results when converting 24-bit Reason sessions to audio files with lower bit depths.
iZotope Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension is available to purchase for $79 USD.
More information: iZotope / Ozone Maximizer Rack Extension
Sound Magic has announced Neo Loudness, a comprehensive tool designed to control loudness.
Neo Loudness not only includes traditional compressors and limiters, but it also features a new type of Maximizer.
For years, producers have wanted their music to be louder and louder. So the brickwall limiter became the main weapon for getting to that maximum volume. However, there is always a price to pay when pushing to the extreme. The music would tend to lose its “breath” and sound too “tight”. Sound Magic has spent years designing a solution for this issue and has developed a new algorithm that can make the sound as loud as a brickwall limiter (even achieving within -5dB Average RMS), without destroying the original natural sounds. Neo Loudness keeps the “breath” of the original music.
The Sound Magic Neo Loudness Algorithm is based on psychological acoustics, the science that shows how human ears are less sensitive to loudness when it reaches certain ranges. Neo Loudness uses this area to compress the audio signal. When using traditional limiters – and under heavy limiting – music will sound very tight and breathless. The main instruments will sound like they are being pushed way forward. With Neo Loudness, the overall result is a more natural sound while the imaging of the instruments is hardly changed.
Neo Loudness features
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- Comprehensive Loudness/Dynamic Processer features Compressors, Limiters and 2 innovative Maximizers.
- Included 3 compressors and 2 limiters.
- Meticulous envelope controls on 4 parameters (compared with others with only 2 or 3 controls) including Attack, Hold, Release and RMS length, give users the maximum control of the final sound.
- Innovative Neo Loudness technology results in a more natural and high quality sound during loudness processing.
- Powerful Add-on system makes it easier to add new compressors/limiters (Famous Maker) sounds in the future.
- Accurate Modeling by Sound Magic Award Winning Modeling Technology.
- Meticulous Metering system gives the users “the next step” in accurate monitoring.
- Different plug-in version to fit for usage on M/S, Sidechain, Mono and Surround.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo Loudness for Windows (VST/Supreme Piano 2 add-on) is available for 69 EUR. Existing Sound Magic customers pay 50 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Loudness
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 31, 2012
iZotope has updated its Ozone mastering system for Windows and Mac to version 5.02.
iZotope’s complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools: Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds 6 additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and an entire suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone v5.02
- Feature enhancements:
- Improvements to IRC3: lower distortion on low frequency material.
- Improvements to IRC3: new “Style” control helps the limiter work with a wider variety of material.
- Improved spectrogram functionality with better Meter Tap synchronization.
- Improved EQ behavior when double-clicking for a new node.
- Other changes and fixes:
- Improved keyboard support
- Fixed issues with loading EQ snapshots in multiple instances in a session.
- Fixed crashes in Steinberg Wavelab.
- Fixed UI issue in OS X with Steinberg Wavelab 7.2.
- Fixed delay compensation issue for sampling rates above 48kHz.
- Fixed issues using crossover Learn feature inside shared crossover network.
- Improved Spectrogram behavior when hiding a spectrogram stream.
Ozone for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $249 USD (Ozone 5) / $999 USD (Ozone 5 Advanced).
More information: iZotope / Ozone
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 05, 2011
Kuassa has announced its Happy Holiday Sale, offering 30% off its effect plugins.
Happy Holiday Sale features
- Kratos Maximizer on sale for $48.97 (30% off its normal price of $69.95).
- Kuassa Amplifikation One on sale for $34.97 (30% off its normal price of $49.95).
- Kuassa Amplifikation Creme on sale for $23.80 (30% off its normal price of $34).
The offer expires December 31st, 2011.
More information: Kuassa
iZotope has announced the release of Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced.
Ozone 5 is an update to iZotope’s critically acclaimed software mastering suite. Ozone 5 Advanced is a professional mastering suite that expands Ozone’s feature set with individual component plug-ins, extended features, and the brand-new Ozone Meter Bridge.
“Whether you’re a musician, engineer, or mastering pro, Ozone 5 lets you master music and other audio simply and efficiently,” says Nick Dika, iZotope Senior Product Manager. “Ozone 5 is the biggest update we’ve ever offered, with improvements that will appeal to Ozone experts and new users alike. Ozone 5 Advanced is designed to set a new industry standard for mastering tools. Advanced includes many exclusive features, and offers mixing and mastering engineers an even higher level of flexibility, precision and control.”
New in Ozone 5
- Pristine Sound and Enhanced DSP – Each module has been updated with refined signal processing algorithms to bring you a new level of mastering quality. The most complete mastering suite available has never sounded better.
- Optimized Workflow and Updated Interface – iZotope has redesigned Ozone’s user interface to allow for finer control while placing important features right at your fingertips. New users can jump in without a steep learning curve while experienced Ozone fans will feel right at home.
- Visual Feedback – Every module features updated metering to help guide you to the perfect-sounding master.
Ozone 5 Advanced builds on iZotope’s reputation for superior sound quality and industry-standard audio mastering tools.
Each module in Ozone 5 Advanced is equipped with extended features made specifically for mixing and mastering professionals. For added flexibility, Ozone 5 Advanced allows customers to use each of the mastering modules as individual plug-ins. Combining essential visualization from Ozone’s modules with new metering tools, the all-new Meter Bridge provides a suite of audio analysis tools that help you visualize changes made during the mastering process, troubleshoot problematic mixes, and compare reference tracks.
Ozone 5 Advanced Includes:
- Extended Features – Ozone 5 Advanced provides deeper control within every module in Ozone. Advanced exclusives include a variable-phase EQ, Loudness Maximizer modes with Transient Recovery and Stereo Link controls, mono-compatible stereo synthesis features and much more.
- Meter Bridge – The powerful Meter Bridge introduces a high resolution real-time 3D spectrogram with unique mix analysis features, BS.1770-2 compatible stereo loudness metering, resizable spectrum analyzer, and a vectorscope with stereo balance and correlation meters.
- Meter Taps – For mixing and stem mastering, multiple audio streams can be superimposed on a 2D or 3D plot using Ozone 5 Advanced’s Meter Tap plug-ins. Meter Taps enable unprecedented visualization of how a mix’s elements fit together.
- Component Plug-ins – Use Ozone 5 Advanced’s mastering modules as an integrated mastering system or as individual plug-ins. Move module presets between Ozone 5 Advanced and its components freely.
Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced will be available for a suggested retail price of $249 / 195 EUR and $999 / 799 EUR respectively. Current Ozone customers may upgrade for $149 USD to Ozone 5 or $499 USD to Ozone 5 Advanced. Ozone 4 customers who purchased after October 1, 2011 will receive a free upgrade to Ozone 5 Standard upon release.
More information: iZotope