Image-Line has released Sawer, a vintage modeling synthesizer, that cuts through the mix to deliver precisely articulated and punchy sounds.
Meticulous attention has been applied to the filter and envelope design in order to deliver a unique character reminicient of analog hardware.
- Main oscillator for subtractive synthesis: SAW shape with Sync frequency.
- Sub oscillator (-2 to +2 octaves) with level, phase & detune controls.
- 1 NOISE Oscillator.
- Variable polyphony (1 to 24 voices).
- 8 voice UNISON with user-adjustable stereo panning, detune and ‘Octaver’.
- SYNC & RING frequency modulation.
- 2 ADSR envelope generators (one user-assignable to modulation parameters).
- 4 FILTER modes – low pass (24 & 12 dB/Oct), band pass and high pass.
- Chorus, Phaser, Delay & Reverb effects.
- Muti-mode Arpeggiator.
Sawer is available as a VST instrument for Windows (Mac version coming soon) for a pre-sale price of $79 USD until the end of March (regular price $99 USD).
Visit Image-Line for more information, audio demos, and a link to download a demo version of Sawer.
Image-Line has released Toxic Biohazard, a hybrid FM and Subtractive synth for Windows and Mac.
Toxic Biohazard is the 4th generation in the line of Toxic synthesizers. Toxic Bio distills the best features from the previous 3 versions to deliver our most concentrated Toxic ever.
New in Toxic Biohazard
- Optimized engine. Improved the sound quality, with even more accurate waveshapes, and quicker rendering times.
- “Physycal” envelopes (amplitude and filter) physical modelling of how sounds in real world decay & resonate, for example, the sound of a water drop. Further, physycal envelopes are rendered Real-time without any interpolation, avoiding noise artifacts and allowing Toxic Bio to deliver fast, accurate envelope times.
- Pack of new effects: phaser, reverb, …
Toxic Biohazard is free for all Toxic users, and is available for purchase for $99 USD.
Feel free to use my promo code to get a 10% discount on Toxic Biohazard (or any other Image-Line products, new customers only).
Visit Image-Line for more information, audio demos and a link to download a demo version of Toxic Biohazard.
Image-Line has updated Morphine to v1.1.
In case you missed it before, Morphine is an additive virtual synthesizer (VST/AU) created by Maxx Claster (Toxic III & Poizone), featuring resynthesis and harmonics morphing.
Updated in v1.1
- problems with AudioUnit version fixed
- 50 new presets added
Remember, you can get Morphine for $99 instead of $159 till the end of July.
I’m not totally sure but I think you can get an additional 10% discount using my promo code.
Visit Image-Line for more information and links to download a demo of Morphine.
LinPlug has announced The Octupus, a Dual Matrix Synthesizer built in collaboration with Maxx Claster.
- Hybrid Frequency Modulation and Sampling synthesis
- 10 modulation sources and 8 modulation destinations
- 350 presets in a wide range of styles made by Nico Herz, Pro-Sounds, Summa, and Tim Conrardy
- Full cross-modulation, adjustable feedback for every oscillator
- 8 additive oscillators using sample-based or user defined waveforms
- Two independent multimode filters, are available as FM sources
- Up to 32 envelopes with multiple, syncable segments, free-run, loop and adjustable slopes
- Graphical envelope editor with sophisticated editing functions
- Envelopes can be used to modulate a wide range of parameters including amplitude, mix, panning, pitch, frequency, phase, cutoff and resonance of filters
- Stereo effects section with 4 effects (Parametric EQ, Chorus, Delay and Reverb)
- Two step sequencers each with up to 32 steps each
The Octopus is available exclusively from LinPlug for a license fee of 149 US$ / 129 Euro.
Check the LinPlug site for more information.
Maxx Claster has updated Toxic to verion 2.3.
Toxic is a FM Synth VSTi with high quality envelopes, completely alias-free oscillators, a powerful step sequencer/arpeggiator and four effect modules.
Version 2.3 includes a fix for a problem with MIDI CC and for Samplitude the sequencer problem has been resolved.
Check the Toxic product page for more information and links to download the demo and sound clips.