Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Dec 21, 2011
Time+Space has announced the Phonorama by ESI, a USB audio interface for recording analog audio to digital formats.
If you’re looking to transfer your old tapes and records to mp3 or wav files quickly and with a high quality result, the ESI Phonorama is the perfect solution.
The USB interface features an adjustable phono preamp and comes bundled with the powerful and convenient BIAS SoundSaver audio restoration solution for Mac and PC.
The PHONORAMA USB audio interface features a phono preamp that can be matched to MM (moving magnet) and MC (moving coil) systems with its RCA inputs. It also features a convenient ground connection screw. For transfers of signals from tape and other sources, the phono preamp can be turned off for line signals. There is also a stereo line and headphone output.
Bundled with PHONORAMA is SoundSaver, the easy all-in-one analog media archiving solution from BIAS. It allows capturing of your favourite records and tapes, either manually or with the automatic record timer. Then remove unwanted noise, tape/needle hiss as well as click and crackles, before exporting separate tracks as mp3, to your iTunes library or as WAV files for CD recording.
The ESI Phonorama is avaialble to purchase for RRP £76.95 GBP / 89 EUR.
More information: Time+Space
TuneUp Media has announced a limited time discount on its TuneUp software for Windows and Mac.
TuneUp Transforms Your Music Collection. Automagically.™
- TuneUp plugs into iTunes and Windows Media Player, providing you with easy, 1-click access to all the tools you need to get the most out of your music.
- The interface is simple and intuitive. No instruction manuals needed!
- TuneUp is able to intelligently fix your music library using cutting-edge acoustic fingerprinting technology, which evaluates the song’s digital DNA and references it against Gracenote’s MusicID™, the world’s largest database of music metadata.
All TuneUp products are 20% off the retail price until December 31st, 2011.
More information: TuneUp
Cycling ’74 has announced the release of Max 6, the latest version of the media development tools for Windows and Mac.
Enhancements to Max 6 include extensive user interface improvements, higher-quality audio, extended multi-processor support, organization tools for projects, and improved OpenGL animation and rendering tools.
Cycling ’74 also released Gen, a high-performance new patching domain that lets you create powerful audio, video, or Jitter matrix objects without leaving the comfort of Max.
“With Max 6,” explains Cycling ’74 CTO Joshua Kit Clayton, “we’ve made a concerted effort to re-imagine the beginning user’s experience, while at the same time making advanced user workflows more efficient. We’re excited by what’s come out of our development efforts for Max 6, and even more excited about what we have planned as Max continues to evolve.”
Max version 6 is now available to purchase for $399 USD. The Gen add-on is $100 USD. The Max 6 upgrade retail price is $199 USD, and is also available as a discounted bundle with Gen for $249 USD.
Customers who purchased Max on or after July 12, 2011 are eligible for a free upgrade. Academic discounts are available, and there is a new annual subscription plan available to educational institutions.
More information: Cycling ’74 / Max 6
Korg has released version 2.1 of AudioGate, an audio format conversion application for Windows and Mac.
AudioGate has been the ideal partner for the KORG MR series of DSD recorders, allowing you to record in the ultra-high-resolution DSD format and then down- convert to the most suitable format for your needs. It was created to bring out the unlimited potential of a DSD master, and has become an indispensible DSD recording tool used by studios worldwide.
Now, everyone can experience the advantages of DSD audio with the new version of AudioGate, which can operate as a free standalone application. Go ahead — download a favorite song in DSD format, and enjoy ultimate audio quality and flexibility with AudioGate on nearly any computer.
AudioGate v2.1 can be freely downloaded and used by anyone, but either a KORG MR series product or a valid Twitter account is required in order to activate the software.
More information: Korg / AudioGate
Plan8 has introduced SoundController, a new sound engine for Flash.
SoundController is just a fancy name for our proprietary sound engine. It is created for us as sound-and music makers so that we can be as creative and professional as when we deal with sound in linear media such as film or radio.
It lets us mix and control the audio of the site in real time, even if the site consists of mixture of different techniques such as video and 3D etc. It also enables us to create the musical soundtrack that adapts to the user in a musical way, the soundtrack develops as if the user were the bandleader.
And all this is done without sending files to busy developers, it’s all managed on our side.
- Lightweight – The core engine weight is under 60 kB.
- Remote management – You add the events, and we do all the other work.
- Asset management – We can divide our sound assets in as many pieces as you want, and load them when they are needed.
- Adaptive music – The system handles both vertical (mixing of layers) and horizontal (adding musical pieces after one and other) composition. All in time, and perfect synch with the beat..
- Beat Event – The system can send an event for when the next beat will occur, to sync the visuals to the music.
- Sound in Movies – Keep your films silent! The system supports audio in films, FLV’s or movies in time lines, it doesn’t matter..
- Custom functions – We can adapt our system to handle specific functions for each need.
More information: Plan8 / SoundController