Tronsonic has released Dark Horse, a sample library with sounds from the Kawai 100-F synthesizer.
This analogue monosynth from 1980 wasn’t everyones cup of tea. Great for sci-fi effects but perhaps not the sweetest lead sounds.
With this pack, both the sawtooth and square waves (as well as white noise) have been sampled to tape in their pure form (ie no filter/modulation etc). Now you have the ability to playback this ‘mellotronized’ monosynth with full polyphony – and here is where the magic begins! A truly unique analogue/digital hybrid synth has been born…the Dark Horse…
Dark Horse includes 350 preset patches (175 for Kontakt 4.2.2 and 175 for EXS24). The library is available to purchase for £15.99 GBP.
More information: Tronsonic / Dark Horse
, instrument plugins
, Jean Michel Jarre
, Oxford Synthesiser Company
, Paul Wiffen
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 06, 2011
GForce Software has announced the release of PC versions of impOSCar2, the successor of the software synthesizer emulation of the OSCar synthesizer.
Since the original impOSCar release we’ve carefully compiled user feedback and over the course of eighteen months, in another true labour of love, we’ve incorporated the best of these within impOSCar2 creating a synth that positively oozes more character, more playability, more expression and more detailed sound sculpting opportunities than could have been imagined a few years ago.
- Successor to the multi-award winning impOSCar.
- Two Oscillators & 13 Waveforms.
- New Mono Unison and Poly Unison Modes.
- New Aux Mod Section with comprehensive routing.
- Programmable Additive Wave Matrix Grid.
- Nine Filter Types with Drive, Cutoff, Q and Separation.
- New Chord Memory and single note retrigger.
- 6 Portamento modes with new Unison glide voice spread.
- New Unison Voice Pan.
- New Note Pan Modes.
- Programmable Velocity Responses and New Aftertouch.
- Improved Arpeggiator.
- New Instrument and Effects Versions.
- Small, Regular or Large Interface Sizes.
- New Ring Modulator.
- New Chorus Modes.
- 1000+ Patch library featuring sounds created by original OSCar users inc Billy Currie (Ultravox) Darren Price & Rick Smith (Underworld) & Paul Wiffen (the original OSCar sound designer and programmer for Stevie Wonder & Jean Michel Jarre).
The impOSCar2 is now available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone), priced at £139.99 GBP incl. VAT.
GForce has also released the ChamberTron, an expansion pack for the M-Tron Pro virtual instrument.
If you’re unfamiliar with Chamberlin® musical instruments, please take the time to read about them in the Original Instrument section and check out the video showing our Chamberlin instruments.
Because if you thought that tape playing instruments started and ended with the Mellotron®, you’ll probably be blown away to discover that the entire tape playing instrument genre was invented by a Wisconsin based inventor, Harry Chamberlin, back in the 1950s.
- The sounds of the legendary ChamberTron.
- Only available via download..
- Over 40 new tape banks.
- 35 Notes per tape bank.
- Optional ChamberTron Interface design.
- 100s of Patches, many from luminaries including Dean & Jarrod (I Monster), David Hentschel (Genesis & Elton John) & Jem Godfrey (Frost).
ChamberTron for M-Tron Pro is available to purchase for £69.99 GBP incl. VAT.
More information: GForce / impOSCar2 / ChamberTron
Tronsonic has released Logandy, a sample library featuring the sounds of a 1977 Italian string synth.
- 6 sample banks from this superb 70s string synth ‘mellotronized’ onto tape, having been recorded to a 1965 valve reel to reel using aged/worn tape.
- Use the software synthesis capabilities of ESX24 or KONTAKT to create exciting new sounds, previously unavailable from this keyboard.
- Over 60 preset patches and 10 multis for kontakt 4.2.2, and 80 patches for esx24.
Logandy is available to purchase for £5.99 GBP.
Tronsonic has also released SOURCEMOD1 & 2, a free sound library.
Some experiments with a moog source and doepfer dark energy
More information: Tronsonic / Logandy
Tronsonic has released Waveform 72, a sound library for Kontakt and ESX24.
Waveform 72 derives from the front end of a famous 70′s monosynth – all 7 waveforms from the oscillators plus pink and white noise ‘mellotronized’ onto tape by being recorded to a 1965 valve reel to reel using aged/worn tape to emulate the evocative sound of the mellotron.
Use the software synthesis capabilities of ESX24 or KONTAKT to stack these oscillators into complex polysynths, and your imagination with the modulation/filters/effects etc to create epic sounding analogue monstrosities!
Waveform 72 features
- 100 patches + 20 multis for Kontakt (requires Kontakt 4.2.2).
- 150 patches for ESX.
- Sonic character and nostalgia of the Mellotron.
- 300 MB download.
Waveform 72 is available to purchase for the introductory price of £10.99 GBP. A demo version containing some patches with one of the 7 waveforms (sawtooth triangle) is available as a free download from Tronsonic.
More information: Tronsonic
Artifake_Labs has released Redtron_SE, a special edition version of the Redtron_400 virtual mellotron instrument for Windows.
This VST plug-in uses the Taijiguy’s Mellotron samples (taken from a 1973 Mellotron M400S – Serial #500)
The samples have been cleaned (not too much) by removing an annoying 60Hz hum and some unwanted “clicks” and “pops” here and there.
Redtron_SE v1.0 features
- Nine sound types : MKII Flute, MKII 3 Violins, M400 Cello, MKII Brass, M400 Combined Choir, M400 String Section, M400 Woodwinds, M300A Violins, M300B Violin.
- No loops : as the original Mellotron, each sound is eight seconds long with, in many cases, “the bad endings”.
- Exclusive “Mellotronic Click” switch. On real Mellotrons, “Click” can be heard at the beginning of a note, when the tape comes in contact with the replay head. These “clicks” are here randomly generated, so you don’t hear twice the same and they can appear on any key ; A rotary knob allows you to control the effect intensity (of course, you can also completely disable it ). Note : this function is inactive when the attack parameter is set to any value different from zero.
- Layer (two sounds A & B) and split possibilities (octave shift).
- Independent parameters for sound A & B :
- Volume, Tone, Pan, Tune, Reverb, Delay, Attack & Release, Octave & Note parameters.
- Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback & Pan parameters).
- Reverb effect (Mix, Width, Size & Damp parameters).
- Global volume, tone, and pitch control.
Retron_SE is available as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
More information: Artifake_Labs