, Riverwood Air
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in archive
on Apr 09, 2014 - 0 comments
VST Buzz has announced a limited time promotion on RAW Power – Metallic Percussion, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
RAW Power – Metallic Percussion was Riverwood Air’s excuse to take a huge selection of pipes, sheets, weights, and machines, and smash them all together for your listening pleasure! Pipes were crashed, steel sheets were dropped, even brass mutes were rattled! RAW Power consists of 2.5GB of uncompressed metallic objects, perfect to fuse into media projects. Specific items recorded include gym bars, clips, doors, sheeting, zips, frames, weights, chimes , pipes, a bowed vibraphone & cymbals, and metallic brass mutes.
Recorded in 24 bit 96kHz for outstanding clarity, RAW Power gives you a diverse metallic collection of instruments 17 patches as well 2 FX patches have been created from the samples; one of select sound designed samples perfect for hybrid projects and one of reverse FX, again for modern media work. Too many percussion libraries already exist which are designed with ‘epic’ in mind. This one is not; giving you a range of sound design instruments that are guaranteed to fit straight into any project, right into your existing percussion section.
The library is available from VST Buzz for $25 USD until April 15th, 2014 (requires full version of Kontakt 5.3 or later).
More information: VST Buzz
Hzandbits has announced Metal Bars & Bells, a sample pack featuring a collection of bell-like sound effects in 24bit/96kHz.
No actual bells were harmed in the making of these sounds – but several other metal objects were.
From crow bars and stainless steel soap trays, a selection of highly resonant and beautiful sounds were coaxed. From sustained tones to short percussive hits; from distinctive sinewaves to shimmering, phasey goodness.
This collection contains several sounds from each object, giving you plenty of musical variety. Drop them straight into your favorite sampler, add healthy doses of reverb, delay and other effects, and you’re off to see the wizard. Or something.
Metal Bars & Bells is available for $16 USD. A 50% discount is available to newsletter subscribers.
More information: Hzandbits / Metal Bars & Bells
Samplerbanks has launched Pro Rock Vol. 1, a new sample pack featuring rock and metal loops from SessionBank Pro.
‘Pro Rock – Volume 1′ from SessionBand Pro is a wholly unique and indispensable collection of over 12,500 precision-cut, chord-based Rock & Metal loops recorded exclusively by some of the world’s leading session musicians. Use them together for an instant rock band – or stripped down into individual parts.
Every loop is chord-based and has been individually recorded, so for songwriters and producers this copyright-free collection is an absolute must. SessionBand Pro’s ‘Pro Rock’ series is the only complete collection of chord-based Rock & Metal loops in the world.
Here’s your chance to own content from the best-selling SessionBand Rock iOS App in its original studio quality WAV format. In all, this amazing pack delivers over 8.4 GB of high quality content!
Pro Rock Vol. 1 features
- 15 Construction Kits.
- 12,870 WAV loops in total, 8.4 GB.
- 5,640 2-bar loops.
- 3,615 1-beat loops.
- 3,615 1-bar end loops.
- Every loop is chord-based.
- Every loop individually recorded.
- All sounds are 100% royalty-free for your production.
Pro Rock Vol. 1 is available for purchase for £39.99 GBP.
More information: Samplerbanks / Pro Rock Vol. 1
unEarthed Sampling has launched Antique Metal Percussion (AMP), a unique Kontakt sample library which is derived from banging (lightly) on a handful of metal antique items.
Some of the items heard in this sample library are “one of a kind” and include an old iron bedrail, a library book cart, an old seaside lantern from the North East, a “Childs” brand copper fire extinguisher from the turn of the century, a WWII .50 Caliber Metal Ammunition Box, and even a decommissioned WWII Mk27 Hand Grenade.
AMP strives to set itself apart from the rest by bringing you extremely cinematic sounds from a handful of interesting metal antique items, each of which has their own personality and timbre. These patches are meant to sound great and be usable right out of the box. But should you want to tinker a bit with them the included GUI makes it very easy to tweak a handful of the most important parameters and includes toggle able convolution reverb (with 13 custom and selectable impulse responses), a built in Arpeggiator, pitch control, control of the attack and release of each instrument, ability to control the low, med, and hi EQ range. On top of that, every hit has 4 X round robins to help fight repetition and all of the instruments are velocity sensitive.
Each instrument has its own “master patch” which consists of each hit set recorded for that specific item. They also have a handful of pitch shifted and manipulated counterpart patches as well. There are also many FX patches for your enjoyment, including a scrapes and FX patch (consisting of nearly 30 unique scrape recordings), an “ensemble hits” patch which consists of several hits between the different instruments layered together which can sound huge. unEarthed Sampling even took things into deep and twisted territory and mangled some of the session recordings into looping atonal pads and multiple lengths of reversals with the mod wheel mapped to the filter… these can work well for scene transitions, building tension, and can sound absolutely horrifying.
The sample library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $31 USD for the first week (regular $40 USD).
More information: unEarthed Sampling / Antique Metal Percussion
, effect plugins
, TSE Plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 17, 2014 - 0 comments
TSE Audio has announced the release of its TSE X50 v2.0 – Rock/Metal Suite for Windows and Mac.
The suite includes the newly modeled X50 hi-gain amplifier.
TSE X50 version 2.0 is a complete suite for a quick guitar tone setup for rock and metal.
It’s using one of the most advanced modeling algorithms presented in a commercial plugin to this date, offering a real-time simulation of the electrical network in the stompbox/amp with acceptable cpu usage for modern processors.
TSE X50 2.0 Rock/Metal Suite features
- TSE808 – Our very popular screamer emulation now updated with improved even-harmonics etc.
- TSE X50 v2.0 – Hi-gain amplifier, completely re-modeled with new interconnecting algorithms.
- RACK – Tuner / Delay / Equalizer – Essential tools for getting that quick, good tone.
- Power Tubes – Select between using 6L6GC or EL34 pentode models.
- BIAS – Use the bias control to set the operating-point that suits you most. (Power Amp).
- Oversampling – Oversampling from to 2X to 8X + Automatic oversampling from 2X to 4X / 4X to 8X.
- Input Learn – Set your input-gain to a preferred setpoint automatically.
- Lower cpu usage.
- Zero-latency IR-loader with adjustable IR length.
- IR Analyzer – Compare IR length vs frequency in a graphical way.
- User IR Directory – Point X50 to your own IR collection.
- Movement Control – Poweramp to speaker emulation including your favorite IR into it’s process.
- Gate – A custom noise gate with adjustable Threshold / Attack / Release.
- DaFuk Tuner – High precision tuner for low-tuned guitars.
- King-Pong – Pong and asymmetric stereo delay.
- Aqualaser – Equalizer with HP/LP, Lowshelf/Highshelf, peakfilter.
- Zero-latency and topology preserving modeling throughout the entire signal chain.
- Included IR’s from Frozen Sun Audio, Trackmix Studio, GuitarHack, and Ryan Harvey Audio.
TSE X50 2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 29.99 EUR until March 1st, 2014 (regular 49.99 EUR).
More information: TSE Audio / TSE X50 v2.0
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2014 - 0 comments
PreSonus has announced it is now shipping Studio One 2.6.2, the latest update to its award-winning DAW software.
The company is also shipping three new Add-ons for Studio One: Ampire XT Metal Pack Extension, Goldbaby Essentials Vintage Drum Machines, and Studio One Artist MP3 Converter.
Studio One 2.6.2 introduces support for Add-ons, which are program extensions, soundsets, plug-ins, and other assets exclusively for Studio One 2.6.2 and higher. Add-ons are available for purchase directly from the PreSonus online store. The update also fixes a few known issues.
The Ampire XT Metal Pack Add-on includes 6 new amp models and 6 new speaker-cabinet emulations.
Studio One Add-ons
- The Ampire XT Metal Pack is an extension for PreSonus’ Ampire XT Native Effects™ plug-in that includes six new amp models and six new speaker-cabinet emulations designed specifically for metal guitarists. It also includes a brand-new Metal Drumkit for the Impact virtual drum instrument.
- Goldbaby Essentials is an exclusive soundset for PreSonus’ Impact virtual drum instrument that features a collection of 500 vintage analog and digital drum machine and beatbox samples. Designed by acclaimed producer and sound designer Goldbaby, the sounds in this set have been meticulously sampled, edited, and post-processed using analog tape machines and studio tools. Goldbaby Essentials comes with 32 ready-to-play Impact drum kit presets and 124 new Musicloops.
- MP3 Converter is an extension that adds professional-quality (up to 320 kB/s) MP3 encoding and drag-and-drop MP3 decoding to Studio One Artist 2.6.2 and higher.
PreSonus Studio One Add-ons can be purchased directly online and are installed by dragging-and-dropping on the Studio One application icon or window.
Ampire XT Metal Pack and Goldbaby Essentials cost $29.99 USD each, and MP3 Converter is $9.99 USD. The Studio One 2.6.2 update is free to all registered users of Studio One 2.
More information: PreSonus / Studio One
Versilian Studios has released three new virtual instrument products: a chromatically-sampled Glockenspiel, a set of Hand-Chimes, and Miscellania II: Bells and Chimes, a mixed selection of metallic percussion.
Unlike most sampled glocks, you get to hear the full natural impact of the mallet and get a full range of dynamics.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- 4x Multi-Sampling; Chromatic.
- Three Velocity Layers.
- 2x Multi-Sampling; Chromatic.
- Unique sound- great replacement for celesta or glockenspiel.
- Miscellania II – Bells and Chimes:
- Follow-up to the “Miscellania I: Horror” plug-in.
- Contains six octaves (incl. accidentals) filled with metallic percussion.
Glockenspiel and Hand-Chimes are available to purchase for $10 USD and $5 USD respectively. Miscellania II is a free download. The instruments are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Versilian Studios
Red Ochsenbein has launched Modern Metal Drums 1, a collection of 58 hard hitting MIDI drum performances.
Modern Metal Drums 1 is a collection of 58 midi performances for Addictive Drums. Created during the production of Modern Metal Riffs 1 this is the perfect companion. Load the loops, and tweak it to your needs.
The collection contains 58 midi loops for Addictive Drums (or any drum library compatible to the AD mapping, including Steven Slate Drums, NI Studio Drummer, etc.), BFD or Toontracks Superior/EzDrummer categorized into 6 songs.
Because of the nature of midi files they are highly customizeable and can even work with other instruments than Addictive Drums.
The MIDI pack is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Red Ochsenbein / Modern Metal Drums 1