unEarthed Sampling has launched Antique Metal Percussion (AMP), a unique Kontakt sample library which is derived from banging (lightly) on a handful of metal antique items.
Some of the items heard in this sample library are “one of a kind” and include an old iron bedrail, a library book cart, an old seaside lantern from the North East, a “Childs” brand copper fire extinguisher from the turn of the century, a WWII .50 Caliber Metal Ammunition Box, and even a decommissioned WWII Mk27 Hand Grenade.
AMP strives to set itself apart from the rest by bringing you extremely cinematic sounds from a handful of interesting metal antique items, each of which has their own personality and timbre. These patches are meant to sound great and be usable right out of the box. But should you want to tinker a bit with them the included GUI makes it very easy to tweak a handful of the most important parameters and includes toggle able convolution reverb (with 13 custom and selectable impulse responses), a built in Arpeggiator, pitch control, control of the attack and release of each instrument, ability to control the low, med, and hi EQ range. On top of that, every hit has 4 X round robins to help fight repetition and all of the instruments are velocity sensitive.
Each instrument has its own “master patch” which consists of each hit set recorded for that specific item. They also have a handful of pitch shifted and manipulated counterpart patches as well. There are also many FX patches for your enjoyment, including a scrapes and FX patch (consisting of nearly 30 unique scrape recordings), an “ensemble hits” patch which consists of several hits between the different instruments layered together which can sound huge. unEarthed Sampling even took things into deep and twisted territory and mangled some of the session recordings into looping atonal pads and multiple lengths of reversals with the mod wheel mapped to the filter… these can work well for scene transitions, building tension, and can sound absolutely horrifying.
The sample library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $31 USD for the first week (regular $40 USD).
More information: unEarthed Sampling / Antique Metal Percussion
, effect plugins
, TSE Plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 17, 2014 - 0 comments
TSE Audio has announced the release of its TSE X50 v2.0 – Rock/Metal Suite for Windows and Mac.
The suite includes the newly modeled X50 hi-gain amplifier.
TSE X50 version 2.0 is a complete suite for a quick guitar tone setup for rock and metal.
It’s using one of the most advanced modeling algorithms presented in a commercial plugin to this date, offering a real-time simulation of the electrical network in the stompbox/amp with acceptable cpu usage for modern processors.
TSE X50 2.0 Rock/Metal Suite features
- TSE808 – Our very popular screamer emulation now updated with improved even-harmonics etc.
- TSE X50 v2.0 – Hi-gain amplifier, completely re-modeled with new interconnecting algorithms.
- RACK – Tuner / Delay / Equalizer – Essential tools for getting that quick, good tone.
- Power Tubes – Select between using 6L6GC or EL34 pentode models.
- BIAS – Use the bias control to set the operating-point that suits you most. (Power Amp).
- Oversampling – Oversampling from to 2X to 8X + Automatic oversampling from 2X to 4X / 4X to 8X.
- Input Learn – Set your input-gain to a preferred setpoint automatically.
- Lower cpu usage.
- Zero-latency IR-loader with adjustable IR length.
- IR Analyzer – Compare IR length vs frequency in a graphical way.
- User IR Directory – Point X50 to your own IR collection.
- Movement Control – Poweramp to speaker emulation including your favorite IR into it’s process.
- Gate – A custom noise gate with adjustable Threshold / Attack / Release.
- DaFuk Tuner – High precision tuner for low-tuned guitars.
- King-Pong – Pong and asymmetric stereo delay.
- Aqualaser – Equalizer with HP/LP, Lowshelf/Highshelf, peakfilter.
- Zero-latency and topology preserving modeling throughout the entire signal chain.
- Included IR’s from Frozen Sun Audio, Trackmix Studio, GuitarHack, and Ryan Harvey Audio.
TSE X50 2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 29.99 EUR until March 1st, 2014 (regular 49.99 EUR).
More information: TSE Audio / TSE X50 v2.0
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2014 - 0 comments
PreSonus has announced it is now shipping Studio One 2.6.2, the latest update to its award-winning DAW software.
The company is also shipping three new Add-ons for Studio One: Ampire XT Metal Pack Extension, Goldbaby Essentials Vintage Drum Machines, and Studio One Artist MP3 Converter.
Studio One 2.6.2 introduces support for Add-ons, which are program extensions, soundsets, plug-ins, and other assets exclusively for Studio One 2.6.2 and higher. Add-ons are available for purchase directly from the PreSonus online store. The update also fixes a few known issues.
The Ampire XT Metal Pack Add-on includes 6 new amp models and 6 new speaker-cabinet emulations.
Studio One Add-ons
- The Ampire XT Metal Pack is an extension for PreSonus’ Ampire XT Native Effects™ plug-in that includes six new amp models and six new speaker-cabinet emulations designed specifically for metal guitarists. It also includes a brand-new Metal Drumkit for the Impact virtual drum instrument.
- Goldbaby Essentials is an exclusive soundset for PreSonus’ Impact virtual drum instrument that features a collection of 500 vintage analog and digital drum machine and beatbox samples. Designed by acclaimed producer and sound designer Goldbaby, the sounds in this set have been meticulously sampled, edited, and post-processed using analog tape machines and studio tools. Goldbaby Essentials comes with 32 ready-to-play Impact drum kit presets and 124 new Musicloops.
- MP3 Converter is an extension that adds professional-quality (up to 320 kB/s) MP3 encoding and drag-and-drop MP3 decoding to Studio One Artist 2.6.2 and higher.
PreSonus Studio One Add-ons can be purchased directly online and are installed by dragging-and-dropping on the Studio One application icon or window.
Ampire XT Metal Pack and Goldbaby Essentials cost $29.99 USD each, and MP3 Converter is $9.99 USD. The Studio One 2.6.2 update is free to all registered users of Studio One 2.
More information: PreSonus / Studio One
Versilian Studios has released three new virtual instrument products: a chromatically-sampled Glockenspiel, a set of Hand-Chimes, and Miscellania II: Bells and Chimes, a mixed selection of metallic percussion.
Unlike most sampled glocks, you get to hear the full natural impact of the mallet and get a full range of dynamics.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- 4x Multi-Sampling; Chromatic.
- Three Velocity Layers.
- 2x Multi-Sampling; Chromatic.
- Unique sound- great replacement for celesta or glockenspiel.
- Miscellania II – Bells and Chimes:
- Follow-up to the “Miscellania I: Horror” plug-in.
- Contains six octaves (incl. accidentals) filled with metallic percussion.
Glockenspiel and Hand-Chimes are available to purchase for $10 USD and $5 USD respectively. Miscellania II is a free download. The instruments are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Versilian Studios
Red Ochsenbein has launched Modern Metal Drums 1, a collection of 58 hard hitting MIDI drum performances.
Modern Metal Drums 1 is a collection of 58 midi performances for Addictive Drums. Created during the production of Modern Metal Riffs 1 this is the perfect companion. Load the loops, and tweak it to your needs.
The collection contains 58 midi loops for Addictive Drums (or any drum library compatible to the AD mapping, including Steven Slate Drums, NI Studio Drummer, etc.), BFD or Toontracks Superior/EzDrummer categorized into 6 songs.
Because of the nature of midi files they are highly customizeable and can even work with other instruments than Addictive Drums.
The MIDI pack is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Red Ochsenbein / Modern Metal Drums 1
Toontrack has launched Metal Beats MIDI, a new pack featuring a collection of drum grooves and fills performed by renowned metal drummer Dirk Verbeuren of Soilwork.
After the three volumes in the Library of the Extreme series and a few thousand variations of the most outrageous metal drumming there is, Dirk winds down a tad. In this pack, he delivers a comprehensive collection of straight forward, modern metal drumming – all the way from ultra-slow doom and crushing mid tempo to galloping double-bass work. Essentially, everything you might need in between the blast beats, carpet rolls or skank beats you got from the Library of the Extreme suite.
This collection of drum beats and fills is the perfect match for any traditional or modern metal songwriter looking for world-class, sharp and inventive drumming straight from one of the world’s most well-rounded and dynamic e-drummers.
Metal Beats MIDI features
- MIDI drum beats and fills for traditional and modern metal.
- Performed by Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork).
- All material organized in straight or swing songs and broken down by leading instrument (closed hats, open hats, etc.).
- Each song has a dedicated section for fills.
- Tempos ranging from 56 BPM to 240 BPM.
The MIDI pack costs $29 USD / 25 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Metal Beats MIDI
Syntone has announced Metal Can Drums, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Metal is an interesting material. On the one hand, you can hit it to create a sharp attack and barely any release. But on the other hand, you can tap it and get a long, rattly sound.
That is the concept for the Metal Can Drums library: to provide a set of metal drums that give you the best of both worlds. The library comes with 8 round robin, 7-8 velocity layers, 33 different types of hits from 4 different types of cans and custom scripting, including a custom-made arpeggiator.
Metal Can Drums features
- 8 round robin, 7-8 velocity layers.
- 33 different types of hits from 4 different types of cans.
- Custom-scripting, including an arpeggiator.
- 48kHz/24-bit quality.
- 1.35GB (572MB compressed).
- Requires Kontakt 4.2.4+ full version.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $20 AUD until December 9th, 2013 (regular $40 AUD).
More information: Syntone / Metal Can Drums