Posted in archive
on Nov 21, 2014 - 0 comments
Shure has announced holiday product rebates on select SM microphones and, for the first time, a rebate offer for the SE215 & SE535 Sound Isolating Earphones.
Customers who purchase SM57 and SM58® microphones can earn up to $60 back ($10 back on up to six individual microphone purchases). This also includes a special $30 rebate on the DMK57-52 Drum Microphone Kit. For earphone products, customers can save $10 on SE215 models and $50 on SE535 models. The promotion will kick off on Friday, Nov. 21, 2014, and run through Jan. 11, 2015.
The SM57 and SM58 have been industry standards for almost 50 years due to their unparalleled mix of audio quality and rugged dependability. The SM57 “workhorse” is highly versatile for clean reproduction of amplified and acoustic instruments. The legendary SM58 is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and back-up vocals.
SE Earphones feature award-winning sound isolating technology and unique sound signatures. The SE215 have a single Dynamic MicroDriver and provide detailed sound with enhanced bass, making them a great option for personal listening or professional monitoring. Featuring Triple High-Definition MicroDrivers, the SE535 uses a dedicated tweeter and dual woofers to deliver spacious sound with rich bass for a true audiophile listening experience.
“With the holiday season right around the corner, our winter SM and SE rebate offers are an opportunity to purchase the microphone you’ve been coveting or give the gift of premium earphones to a fellow music lover. You could also follow a ‘one for you, five for me’ philosophy. We promise not to tell,” said Ellen Mahon, Marketing Communications Manager at Shure. “With a variety of models and pricing options now coupled with our holiday rebates, Shure’s award-winning microphones and earphones are more accessible than ever before.”
Rebates include $10 back on an SM57-LC, SM57-X2U, SM58-LC, SM58-CN, SM58S, or SM58-X2U microphone purchase; $10 back on an SE215 purchase; and $50 back on an SE535 purchase. SE215 earphones are available in clear or translucent black, while the SE535 is available in clear, metallic bronze, or a Special Edition red color at select retailers. The DMK57-52 Drum Microphone Kit, also included in the offer, is eligible for a $30 mail-in-rebate. Rebates will be honored for up to six SE products, six SM products, and two drum kits.
Shure SM Microphone and SE Earphone Holiday Rebates are available through January 11th, 2015.
More information: Shure
Diego Stocco has launched Creative Miking Techniques, the third video tutorial in the Feedforward Sounds series.
In this tutorial you’ll see how to dynamically record instruments or objects, acoustically process synth sounds, how to build a stethoscope mic, using electrets on custom built instruments and underwater, and my guidelines on how to effectively use contact mics.
This is a tutorial for sound designers and producers, in it you’ll see applications for SFX, music production and hybrids between the two.
The tutorial is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Diego Stocco / Creative Miking Techniques
Steinberg has released the UR22 Production Studio, a limited edition package that consists of the compact UR22 audio interface, the latest version of Cubase Elements and WabeLab LE alongside the sE Electronics Magneto studio microphone, Isolation Pack and microphone cable.
With two TRS/XLR combo inputs, two TRS outputs, MIDI I/O plus one separate headphone output, the included UR22 interface provides sufficient connectivity for mobile recording and personal home studios. It holds two of the highly acclaimed D-PRE mic preamps, offers latency-free hardware monitoring and a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz. The software bundle boasts the Cubase Elements music production system that includes the HALion Sonic SE, Prologue and Groove Agent ONE instruments plus a suite of 44 effect processors. The WaveLab LE audio editor provides all the basic tools to master any recording to the best audio quality. The sE Electronics Magneto condenser microphone produces outstanding results for recording vocals and acoustic instruments alike, while the Isolation Pack consists of a shock mount and an integrated pop shield.
Product marketing manager Stefan Schreiber commented: “We’re really happy that the co-operation with sE Electronics has come to fruition. Their Magneto mic is the perfect complement to the UR22 interface, and together with the included versions of Cubase and WaveLab, the UR22 Production Studio has everything a demanding neophyte will be needing to record, mix and edit vocals and instruments.”
UR22 Production Studio features
- UR22 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface with 2 D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps supporting +48V.
- Analog 2 in and 2 out plus headphone output with individual volume control and MIDI input and output.
- Latency-free hardware-based monitoring with a Mix knob.
- Cubase Elements 7 personal music production system with complete audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools.
- Includes outstanding virtual instruments: HALion Sonic SE workstation, MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine and Prologue synthesizer.
- Comes ready with 44 audio effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction, MorphFilter and extraordinary VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite.
- Cross-platform 32-/64-bit software application and drivers for Windows and Mac OS X Intel.
- WaveLab LE 8 Audio editing and mastering software with powerful real-time audio engine, two simultaneous audio tracks and a set of qualtiy virtual effect processors.
- sE Electronics Magneto studio condenser microphone with a 1″ large diaphragm capsule and cardioid polar pattern.
- sE Electronics Isolation Pack shock mount and plop filter set plus a three meter shielded microphone cable.
The UR22 Production Studio is available for purchase for 299 EUR including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / UR22 Production Studio
Line 6 has introduced its new Sonic Port VX audio interface.
Sonic Port VX is the only iOS audio interface that puts the power of a mobile studio into the hands of songwriters on the go. With built-in studio-grade condenser microphones and preamps that capture sound with stunning clarity and dynamics, you can finally develop ideas and record complete multi-track songs however, whenever and wherever you want.
The guitar/bass input features 120dB of dynamic range for incomparable tone and best-in-class dynamics. A stereo line input lets you record keys, drum machines, DJ mixers and other sources. Zero-latency monitoring means you can record without distraction. And with professional-level 1/4” stereo outputs, you can easily connect studio monitors and perfect your mixes. With Sonic Port VX, the world is your studio.
Sonic Port VX features
- 2-in/2-out audio interface with 24-bit/48kHz audio quality.
- Built-in stereo and mono condenser mics with professional preamps (45dB of gain).
- 1/4” high-quality buffered guitar/bass input with 120dB of dynamic range.
- 1/8” stereo line input for recording keys, drum machines, DJ mixers and more.
- 1/4” pro-level, balanced stereo outputs for connecting to studio monitors.
- 1/8” stereo headphone output.
- Zero-latency monitoring.
- Compatible with iOS, Mac and PC.
- Seamless operation with GarageBand and other CoreAudio music apps.
- Compatible with Line 6 Mobile POD app for jamming and creating guitar tones.
- Bus-powered design with ultra-low power draw; optional USB power supply powers Sonic Port™ VX and iOS device.
- Includes tabletop stand with mic stand adapter.
- 1/4” thread for connecting to any camera tripod.
Sonic Port VX is available for purchase for MSRP £139.95 incl. VAT.
More information: Line 6 / Sonic Port VX
Focusrite has launched iTrack Pocket, a portable, high quality stereo microphone and guitar input that lets you create and share exceptional videos using your iPhone.
If you’ve ever tried recording on iPhone, you’ll know that it really struggles to capture the sound of vocals and guitar. Yet with the growing number of singer-songwriters being discovered through their live performances on YouTube, it’s more important than ever to capture sound that stands out.
That’s why we designed iTrack Pocket. It’s a portable, high quality stereo microphone and guitar input that connects to your iPhone to let you create and share videos that sound as good as they look.
iTrack Pocket features
- Built for YouTube Performers — Simply connect your iPhone, choose some effects, press record and edit in seconds. Your finished performance will be automatically mastered and uploaded to YouTube with outstanding quality.
- Instant HD Recording — Look and sound amazing on YouTube, by recording your performance in HD video with high quality stereo audio.
- Designed for Singer-Songwriters — The stereo microphone captures clear, detailed recordings of your performance: vocals, guitar, piano or any other instrument.
- Great Guitar Sound — The dedicated guitar input and included amp simulation makes it easy to record amazing sounding guitar at the touch of a button.
- Take It Anywhere — Fits in your pocket, powered by your iPhone and designed to sound great in any situation, so you can use it wherever you take your phone.
- Officially for iPhone — Approved by Apple, so you can connect to any lightning compatible iPhone with the Lightning cable included. Officially supports iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S.
- Make Professional Performances — Comes with the easy-to-use app, Impact by Focusrite, which will make your performance look and sound professional, then let you upload it straight to YouTube.
- Easily Enhance Your Quality — Effortlessly find the perfect setting for the clearest possible recording, by letting iTrack Pocket take care of all the technical setup for you.
The iTrack Pocket is available for purchase for MSRP $125.99 USD ($99.99 street).
More information: Focusrite / iTrack Pocket
More posts that match this tag
Plugin Alliance has released version 1.5 of Drumatom, the drum microphone leakage suppression tool for Windows and Mac. Drumatom is not a plugin! It is a stand-alone MAC & PC program and is the world´s … read more
IK Multimedia has released version 2.2 of its ARC advanced room correction system, adding 64 bit AAX compatibility. ARC System 2 (Advanced Room Correction) is the sequel of the first and only acoustic correction system … read more
Plugin Alliance has announced the release of Drumatom, a drum leakage suppression tool for Windows and Mac that reduces the crosstalk captured by microphones when recording drums. Drumatom is NOT a plugin! It is a … read more
Sontronics has announced the launch of its new ARIA valve condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern, designed by Sontronics founder Trevor Coley specifically for getting the best from your vocals. The Sontronics ARIA will … read more
Universal Audio has announced its Unison technology, an audio processing breakthrough that enables the popular Apollo Audio Interfaces’ onboard mic preamps to sound and behave like the world’s most sought-after tube and solid state preamps. … read more
Slate Digital has introduced the Virtual Microphone System, a new microphone system which includes two microphones, a dual pre-amp converter, and a software plug-in module. Using a super clean and transparent microphone and pre-amplification chain … read more
Accusonus and Plugin Alliance have a released a public beta its Drumatom standalone software microphone leakage suppression tool for multichannel drum recordings. It is based on the patent pending Advanced Audio Analysis – A3 technology … read more
Waves has announced Dugan Automixer, a plugin that allows automatic cueing of multiple live microphones in real time. Developed in association with renowned pro audio inventor Dan Dugan, the Waves Dugan Automixer is a groundbreaking … read more
Apogee Electronics has announced the release of MiC 96k, a professional quality microphone for GarageBand on iPad, iPhone and Mac. Apogee MiC 96k is a digital microphone designed to deliver studio quality recording you can … read more
Outbound link: Apogee Electronics
/ MiC 96k
– Related: Apogee
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Steinberg has announced the Cubase BackPack, a portable recording and production solution featuring Cubase Artist 7 and the UR22 interface that ensures a charitable contribution to sustainable development in Africa. “With Cubase BackPack, we’re offering … read more
Outbound link: Steinberg
/ Cubase BackPack
– Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Nov 05, 2013 - 0 comments
Shure has announced that its 10th annual Fantastic Scholastic Recording Competition is now accepting entries from eligible universities and colleges throughout the U.S. and Canada until October 31, 2013, at 11:59 P.M. CST. The competition … read more
IK Multimedia has introduced iRig PRO, an audio/MIDI interface for iOS. iRig PRO is a high-quality, battery powered universal audio/MIDI interface that lets you connect a microphone, guitar, bass or line-level source — or a … read more
Outbound link: IK Multimedia
/ iRig PRO
– Related: audio interface
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Sep 06, 2013 - 0 comments
MOTU has announced that its new 8Pre USB 16 x 12 USB audio interface with 8 mic inputs is now shipping. Turn your computer into a powerful digital audio workstation with eight mic inputs. Or … read more
MathAudio has announced the release of Microphone EQ, a VST effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. MathAudio Microphone EQ is a VST effect plug-in which corrects the frequency responses of microphones. In fact, you can … read more
British microphone brand Sontronics has teamed up with a handful of specialist Sontronics dealers in the UK to offer a fantastic summer promotion with the chance to get two pro-studio-quality condenser mics for the price … read more
Outbound link: Sontronics
– Related: EZdrummer
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2013 - 0 comments