Westone has announced the Made Right Here sweepstakes, a chance to win a visit to Westone’s headquarters in Colorado Springs and more.
Made Right Here Sweestakes prizes
- One Super Grand Prize
- (2) Two round-trip airfare to Denver International Airport.
- (3) Three nights accommodations in the Colorado Springs area, local transportation, tour of Westone HQ in Colorado Springs.
- Tickets for (2) two to a concert in Colorado.
- (1) One pair of Elite Series ES5 in-ear monitors.
- (1) One Fender American Standard Stratocaster Guitar
- (1) One Fender EC Vibro-Champ Amplifier
- (1) One BLUE Microphones Baby Bottle Microphone
- (1) One one-year subscription (200gb) to Gobbler.
- Five Grand Prize Packs
- One Fender American Standard Stratocaster Guitar.
- One BLUE Microphones Spark.
- One Year of Gobbler service 25gb.
- 100 – Westone “11″ T-shirts.
- 25 – Westone “Profile” Hats.
The promotion runs though July 31th, 2012. Winners will be selected at random August 3rd, 2012.
More information: Westone
Sound Magic has released version 1.1 of Microphone Transformer, an effect unit which simulates several acclaimed microphones’ sound.
From Neumann M149 to U87, AKG C12VR to C414. Microphone Transformer gives you more choices on sound. By using Sound Magic Award Winning Modeling Technology, Microphone Transformer not only simulates the frequency response of different microphones, but also their dynamic response with high-end amps. What is more, Sound Magic provides a special feature which you could choose to mix two different types of microphone together by moving a simple slider. Microphone Transformer is best used when you want a different style of sound in your mix.
Changes in Microphone Transformer v1.1
- Fixes Automation names.
- Fixes possible swap between left and right channel.
- Improved Mixing Behavior.
- Fixes slider range on GUI.
- Many minor changes.
Microphone Transformer for Windows (VST/Supreme Pianos add-on) is available to purchase for 19.90 EUR. Existing Sound Magic customers pay 15 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Microphone Transformer
In celebration of the Company’s 87th Anniversary on April 25, Shure Incorporated announced its inaugural National Open Mic Night, a week-long observance that will unite and encourage singers, musicians, and spoken word artists to take the mic and perform at venues across the United States from Sunday, April 22, to Saturday, April 28.
A total of 23 bars, restaurants, and coffee shops, from New York City to Chicago to Los Angeles, have confirmed their participation.
“We hope this event becomes an annual occurrence that serves as a great way for us to commemorate our Company’s anniversary,” said Terri Hartman, Director of Marketing Communications for Shure Americas. “Our goal is to bring together artists and venues in a cohesive way, and to celebrate their talent.”
Each participating venue will receive a “mic locker,” which includes SM58 and SM57 microphones to be used for these events, and a marketing/promotional “tool kit.” Shure also will work closely with the venues to promote their events.
More information: Shure / National Open Mic Night
Focusrite has announced the ISA Two, a classic dual mono transformer-based microphone preamplifier.
You may only need a couple of mic preamps, but they need to be the very best. The ISA Two dual-mono mic pre is the ideal solution: two independent channels of the highest quality classic Focusrite mic pres, with line in and front-panel instrument inputs – no DI box required. Based on the legendary designs found in the Focusrite Forte and Studio Consoles, ISA Two is the ideal front-end for your rack.
Focusrite ISA Two dual mono mic preamp
ISA Two features
- Two ISA series transformer-based mic preamplifiers: Based around the Lundahl LL1538 transformer, they each provide +80dB of clean gain.
- Variable cutoff high-pass filter: 18dB/Octave high-pass filter with continuously variable cutoff from 16Hz to 420Hz.
- Selectable input impedance: Four input impedance settings.
- Separate instrument & line inputs: DI inputs on the front panel. TRS Line inputs on the back.
- Dedicated, switchable per-channel insert point: For connecting outboard audio processors.
- Eight-step LED meters: To provide visual feedback: can be calibrated using rear-panel controls.
Focusrite is launching the launch latest in the ISA range of microphone preamplifiers at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt (B68 in Hall 5.1). Price and release date tba.
More information: Focusrite / ISA Two
, compressor and limiter
, Sound Performance Lab
Posted in news
on Mar 20, 2012
Sound Performance Lab has announced the Analog Elemental Series and MasterBay S, two new products SPL will be showcasing at the Musikmesse.
Analog Elemental Series: 13 new products, one concept
The 13 different Analog Elemental units result from the mix of six different preamps and processing modules. One single product combines two of the following modules in a 1U 19-inch rack:
- Premium Microphone Preamplifier
- Preference Microphone Preamplifier
- Transient Designer
- TwinTube Tube Saturation Processor
- Dual-Band De-Esser
- DynaMaxx Compressor/Limiter
SPL Analog Elemental Series – Premium Preamp / DynaMaxx
This series was conceived to meet two very popular demands our customers have expressed throughout the years: on the one hand it offers the possibility to have the exceptional preamps of the RackPack modular series in the traditional 19-inch format; while, on the other hand, it offers perfect front end and processing possibilities for any situation ranging from pure preamplification to specific processing needs for vocals and instruments ― all combinations are readily available.
MasterBay S: The S-Class Patchbay
When it comes to mastering, a patchbay is not always enough: even for experienced users a simple comparison of different processors or processing paths can become a headache.
SPL MasterBay S
The new MasterBay S can manage up to four stereo processors comfortably and its fascinating possibilities allow you to get the best results out of your equipment:
- Four switchable inserts
- Parallel Mix function
- Automatic A/B comparison with freely selectable intervals
- Loudness compensation
- Trim potentiometers for all input and output levels
- Big level knob for dynamic fading
- Always reduces signal conversion to the minimum
SPL will launch these new products at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany, March 21-24, 2012 (Stand B 82 in Hall 5.1).
More information: Sound Performance Lab
Stephan Vankov has launched Pulse, a surface controller system comprising a piezo mic and a software interface allowing you to play virtual instruments by finger tapping.
At the core of all music creation lies a pulse. In an age of gear-overload, many of us have forgotten the most effective and intuitive pulse generator – a finger tap.
The Pulse Controller is a hardware / software solution that liberates computer-based musicians and performers from conventional input devices by allowing a surface – i.e. desk, laptop, objects and more – to become a playable MIDI controller. An included piezo microphone coupled with a simple yet powerful software interface converts acoustic impulses into MIDI Note messages for playing your software instruments in an intuitive, responsive and connected manner.
Pulse Controller features
- Piezo microphone and powerful software interface.
- Attaches to any surface via integrated suction cup (velcro strips also provided).
- Connects to external audio device or built-in audio inputs (1/4″ and 1/8″).
- Velocity-sensitive and highly responsive.
- Low-latency performance.
- Compatible with all software that accepts MIDI Note messages (Cubase, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, VST/AU plug-ins, etc).
- Generate fixed note or random notes in a selected scale, with control of octave, octave width, root pitch and 21 Scales.
- Fixed note length and note choke modes.
- Store and recall presets.
- Keyboard shortcuts for quick access to presets and important controls.
- Mac OS 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 compatible (Windows / Ableton Live users, please contact us about M4L version).
The Pulse Surface Controller System is currently available for Intel Mac only, priced at $59 USD (+ $5 USD shipping within USA). A 1/4″ to 1/8″ audio input adapter is available for an additional $5 USD.
Note that shipping is currently limited to US orders. International shipping will be available soon.
More information: Pulse Surface Controller System