Push Button Bang has launched Live Dubstep & Trap Drum Stems, a collection of live acoustic drums and MIDI for Dubstep, Trap or 140 bpm break based productions.
As with the original House drum stems, this huge collection of head nodding grooves features individual track drum stems – separate hi hats or cymbals to sit on top of your 808s, thumping tom or snare rolls and builds to add tension to the crescendo, Individual Kick and snare basic groove components and of course a complete selection of full kit loops which can be dropped into the track for immediate full drum backing stems in seconds!
You can use it to get immediate results with the full loops by simple drag and drop into a channel into your track, or combine multiple drum part stems with your programmed kick and snare to give your drums a professional, hypnotic human groove.
The sample pack is available from Loopmasters for £29.95 GBP. MIDI files and audio loops are also sold separately for £19.95 GBP each.
More information: Push Button Bang / Dubstep & Trap Drum Stems
Intermorphic has released version 2.5.22 of the Noatikl generative music lab for Windows, Mac & iOS.
Love generative music? Explore & design your own fascinating soundscapes with Noatikl, the evolution of SSEYO Koan – now with SoundFont (SF2) support!* Noatikl’s got the power, features and breadth of control that you need.
Changes in Noatikl v2.5.22
- Noatikl Desktop and Desktop Audio Plugins:
- New: Added Soundfont SF2 support (mono only – stereo channel data is ignored for now), accessed/selected via Wavetable Sound Unit.
- New: Includes 6 all new high quality SF2 files (Drums Acoustic, Piano Upright, Piano Electric, Guitar 12-String, Synths, E-Perc).
- Added: “Send all CC events” checkbox in Preferences; uncheck to send only Bank Select, Micro Controllers and User Envelopes.
- Added: Crash reporting, so we can be much more responsive for finding and fixing any crashes.
- Fixed: Missing tempo envelope support.
- Fixed: Crash on start if you had a mono audio input device selected as default in Audio MIDI Setup on Mac…
- Fixed: Behaviour of “Auto Restart?” parameter.
- Fixed: Listening voice behaviour.
- Improved: Much easier to use wavetables in Noatikl via the Wavetable unit (the DLS and Samples dialogs are now deprecated).
- Improved: Files are now saved and opened by default from Music/Intermorphic/… so they are much more easily shared with Mixtikl, and with Noatikl and Mixtikl for iOS.
- Improved: Tempo changing; now much smoother.
- Improved: “Getting started” information is now shown when you have no documents open.
- Improved: Renamed “Use Patch?” voice parameter to “Send MIDI Bank/Patch?”.
- Improved: Most pop-up panels (e.g. MIDI cooker) can now be resized.
- Removed: Timer Accuracy (ms) from Noatikl preferences (deprecated).
- Noatikl iOS:
- Fixed Tempo envelope operation.
- Improved tempo changing; now much smoother.
- Bug fixes.
Noatikl desktop and audio plugins are available for purchase for $49.99 USD each. The iOS version is free to download from the iTunes App Store ($9.99 USD in-app purchase required to unlock some features).
More information: Intermorphic / Noatikl
Sample Magic has announced a Summer Sale, offering a 20% discount on its products for a limited time.
With summer in full swing we’ve decided to take the heat off your wallet, taking 20% off all samples, MIDI, synth patches and Ableton racks until August 1st.
Simply use code SUMMERTIME at checkout to save.
More information: Sample Magic
PG Music has announced the release of Band-in-a-Box 2014, the latest version of the music software which comes with over 50 new features and enhancements and a new look.
Band-in-a-Box is so easy to use! Just type in the chords for any song using standard chord symbols (like C, Fm7, or C13b9), choose the style you’d like, and Band-in-a-Box does the rest… Band-in-a-Box automatically generates a complete professional-quality arrangement of piano, bass, drums, guitar, and strings or horns.
RealTracks add the human element of great session musicians to your songs and version 2014 offers some of the most exciting new RealTracks yet! Plus, version 2014 has a great new look with a redesigned GUI, 54 MIDI SuperTracks, 36 Artist Performances and much more!
Band-in-a-Box for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $129 USD. Band-in-a-Box 2013 users can upgrade for $49 USD.
More information: PG Music
Fabrizio Poce has released version 2.0 of J74 Progressive, a Max for Live tool set for chord progression making and harmonic editing.
The new version provides new functionality for chord progression editing, MIDI clip editing (humanize velocity and timing) and for detecting musical information in audio material (notes, chords, scales).
Changes in Progressive v2.0
- Techniques for borrowed chords and accidentals.
- Additional control for chord inversion.
- Additional control to arpeggio settings (note can be omitted).
- Swing, groove and velocity dynamics.
- A new device, the “Audio Analyzer”, which processes audio input in real time visualizing notes and extracting chord and scale information.
Progressive is available for purchase for $12 USD.
More information: J74 / Progressive
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.4 of its PatchWork plug-in host for Windows and Mac.
This new version includes MIDI channel filtering for plug-ins input, parallel processing chains improvements (selectable summing mode and solo buttons), and several compatibility improvements on Mac.
Changes in Blue Cat PatchWork v1.4
- Selectable parallel processing chains summing mode: sum or average.
- Solo button for parallel chains.
- MIDI Channel filtering for each plug-in input.
- Fixed undo/redo incompatibilities with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 1.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed wrong plug-in instantiated in some cases when selected from a VST shell package.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR/$79 USD.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
ModeAudio has launched Future Trap, a collection of presets for Native Instruments Massive and MIDI loops.
Future Trap is a sound library that pays deep respect to Trap’s roots yet looks hungrily onwards towards it’s exciting future. Combining the deep and dark qualities of early Dirty South, including its thunderous 808-style bass, nightmarish tuned percussion and zippy arp synths, with the slick and sleek nature of contemporary EDM, this release manages to sound both classic and refreshingly forward-thinking at the same time.
The 50 included presets cover a wealth of musical ground, from razor sharp siren leads, deep, quaking basses, lazy, pitch-modulated pads and acrobatic arps to punchy percussion, muscular SFX and beyond. All are infused with a boundless, bouncing energy that allows them to sit right up front with the most cutting-edge EDM productions.
We’ve programmed all 8 macro controls of every single preset for fully adjustable flexibility and the 50 accompanying, key-labelled MIDI loops will allow you to instantly audition each sound. Propel your Trap & EDM music fearlessly into the future with Future Trap – Massive Presets & MIDI Loops now!
The sound pack is available for purchase for £12 GBP.
More information: ModeAudio / Future Trap