Minimal System Instruments has introduced Ultimate 909 Snares, a sample pack featuring a collection of 30 snare sounds from the Roland TR-909 drum machine.
This sample pack from Minimal System Instruments concentrates purely on that distinctive and still relevant 909 snare sound.
We have recorded 30 individual snare drum hits from our studio TR-909 and processed them through our high end outboard analogue signal chain to retain all of the clarity and characteristics of the original machine.
Ultimate 909 Snares features
- 30 individual TR-909 snare drum hits.
- All recorded through high end analogue outboard processors.
- A broad range of parameter settings on the TR-909 have resulted in a good range of snare sounds.
- All samples are .wav files ready to drop straight into your software or hardware sampler or DAW.
The sample pack costs £1.99 GBP.
More information: Minimal System Instruments / Ultimate 909 Snares
Minimal System Instruments has announced the release of three new drum synthesizer sample packs.
Minimal System’s TR-808, TR-909 and Wiard 300 drum sample packs.
- TR-808 Sample Pack – The Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer was one of the first programmable drum machines to hit the market. Here at Minimal System Instruments we have captured these iconic sounds and produced this sample pack so that anyone can have the distincive sounds of the worlds most iconic drum machine at their disposal.
- TR-909 Sample Pack – It goes without saying, the Roland TR-909 Drum Machine is the most established and lusted after drum machine in the world. Recorded directly from our original, perfect condition Roland TR-909 with many control variations we managed to create a complete sample pack that is ready to use in your electronic music productions.
- Wiard 300 Sample Pack – As big fans of modular synthesis here at Minimal System Instruments we have decided to use our Wiard 300 Series synthesiser to create a small but perfectly formed drum sample pack. A sound crafted from individual modular elements such as oscillators, snappy envelopes, and pure analogue filters always has something special about it!
The sample packs are available to purchase starting at £0.99 GBP.
More information: Minimal System Instruments
Minimal System Instruments has announced a limited time sale on its reverb effect plug-ins.
MSI reverb plugins
- ModVerb is a reverb plugin packed with unique features. Modelled on analogue technology the plugin also sounds as good as it looks. Featuring four distinct sections (including – main reverb section, modulation section, delay section, and master section) the sounds that can be created with this processor are immense and endless.
- Nebula Analogue Space Reverb can be used to create standard reverb effects but it really excels when used to create stunning atmospheric sounds from something as simple as a single drum hit. When used with more complex loops and sounds the possibilities are endless.
- Airwalker is a beautiful sounding analogue modelled reverb based on hand built classic processors. Sometimes with audio plugins less is most definately more, you dont want to get bogged down with endless amounts of controls and spend all of your time experimenting and not actually creating the sounds you need.
The reverb plug-ins (Windows VST) are 50% off until January 31st, 2013.
More information: Minimal System Instruments / MSI Reverbs
, compressor and limiter
, Minimal System Instruments
, patches and sound banks
Posted in news
on Dec 07, 2012
Minimal System Instruments has announced a sale on its Ableton Live packs, offering downloads at just £1 GBP.
Ableton Live is an inspirational DAW and we wanted to build on this by producing the most innovative Live Packs possible. If you want creative effects and mastering tools within Ableton then take a look.
Ableton Live Packs Sale
- Analogue Ableton & Compressors Bundle now £3 GBP (regular £8 GBP)
- Analogue Ableton Producer Toolkit now £1 GBP (regular £5 GBP)
- Analogue Compressors (Live) now £1 GBP (regular £5 GBP)
- Analogue Filters now £1 GBP (regular £5 GBP)
- Future Sounds of Operator now £1 GBP (regular £5 GBP)
- Modular Toolkit (Live) now £1 GBP (regular £5 GBP)
- Studio Tools for Ableton (Live) now £1 GBP (regular £5 GBP)
The sale is only available today (December 7th, 2012).
More information: Minimal System Instruments / Ableton Live Packs
Minimal System Instruments has set free its Filter Bank filter effect plug-in for Windows.
Give tracks and mixes that classic analogue sound with this fantastic filter plugin.
Filter Bank v3 is a fantastic multimode filter for both Producers and DJ’s. Combining 5 different filter types, LFO’s, with pure Analogue modelled dirt this filter sounds fantastic.
Free Filter Bank v3 multi-mode filter plug-in.
Filter Bank features
- Beautiful analogue modelled filter bank.
- A valuable tool in and out of the studio for both producers and DJ’s.
- 5 filter types including Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch, Peaking.
- Analogue! knob.
- Input and Output controls.
- Professional vintage analogue GUI Design.
- Very low CPU usage
The Filter Bank plug-in for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Minimal System Instruments / Filter Bank
Minimal System Instruments has announced Delay Studio, a free delay effect plug-in for Windows.
Delay Studio from Minimal System Instruments is a powerful and massively creative multiband delay plugin which gives you all of the tools needed to create your perfect delay/echo effect. From weird and wonderful long modulated delays to workhorse multi-taps and analogue inspired echoes the Delay Studio will turn any flat, uninspiring sound into a beautiful sonic masterpiece.
Delay Studio is a plugin that invites creativity and experimentation.
Delay Studio features
- 3 fully configurable independent delay bands (Low/Mid/Hi) with complete and accurate control over the frequency width of each band (Frequency Range 0hz to 20,000hz).
- Each band is split in to left and right channels with independent delay time and feedback.
- Comprehensive filter bank section. Each band has its own fully featured filter on both left and right channels complete with cutoff and resonance controls. (Filter types include Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Peaking, and Band Reject). Each filter can be modulated using the multimode LFOs which can also be tempo synced or free running. A total of six filters and six LFOs.
- Built on an accurate crossover algorithm. As with the rest of our plugin range, we model our algorithms on actual physical analogue hardware to achieve the most accurate sound possible.
- VU meters on all bands for visual monitoring.
- Input and Output level controls allow easy attenuation of both the incoming and outgoing audio signals.
- Full automation and controller mapping. All parameters in Delay Studio can be easily mapped to any MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard for complete tactile real-time control. All parameters are designed to be fully automated in all DAWs.
- Balance control to accurately modify the position of the sound in the stereo field.
- Logical and easy-to-use user interface. Minimal System Instruments products are specifically designed to enhance our user’s workflow. We intentionally place all parameter controls on the front end of the GUI to make modifying sounds a breeze (No hidden menus or parameters here!).
- Low CPU usage. Our code is fully streamlined and optimised to make Delay Studio as efficient on your resources as possible.
Delay Studio for Windows is available as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
More information: KVR Audio