Mackie has announced the availability of Master Fader v3.0, a free controller app for all Mackie DL Series mixers (DL32R, DL1608, and DL806).
With massive upgrades built specifically for professional applications, Master Fader v3.0 not only offers the tools pros need for the all-new DL32R, it delivers huge benefits to any DL1608 or DL806 user.
“Master Fader is designed from the ground up for wireless mixing. It’s the most intuitive and easy-to-use live sound control app out there,” commented Ben Olswang, Mackie Senior Product Manager. “Now, with a fresh user interface that delivers faster workflow and a whole new toolset designed to meet the rigorous demands of professional live sound applications, Master Fader is better and more powerful than ever.”
Changes in Master Fader v3.0 features
- Support for the new Mackie DL32R.
- Upgraded user interface for faster workflow
- More information available at a glance for faster navigation.
- New navigation bar with instant access to overview, mixer and channel view.
- Improved current parameter display that reads more clearly and includes channel color.
- Better access to secondary views.
- Updated channel strips provides more channel information at a glance.
- Added Overview showing all input and output channels at once for fast, simple navigation.
- Added 4 subgroups with stereo linking and dedicated processing on each subgroup.
- Added 4 VCAs for professional control over groups of channels.
- Added digital trim on each input, providing additional input gain control when working wirelessly.
- Added Routing view providing complete channel routing in one place for inputs, groups and outputs.
- Added Custom Channel colors and Mix colors for visually differentiated channels, groups and outputs.
- Updated Selector area adds mute group and view group controls along with a new Masters selector. Together, these 4 selectors control what inputs and outputs are visible.
- Updated Shows view allows user to add a comment to each show. Added created/modified dates to each show for improved organization.
- Added flexible Record Output patching with record levels.
- Added digital Level and Delay control for headphone output.
- Updated Preset workflow with new location right at the channel.
- Added ability to export presets, shows and backups via Dropbox or email.
- Added ability to import presets, shows and backups from 3rd party apps supporting Open In…
Master Fader v3.0 is now available as a free download from the App Store. Master Fader 3.0 is compatible with Mackie My Fader v3.0 (available soon). It is not compatible with My Fader v2.0. Do not update to Master Fader 3.0 at this time if you still need My Fader 2.0 control.
More information: Mackie
, FL Studio
, Fruity Loops
Posted in news
on Nov 12, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a beta version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 12 totally reworks the user interface and adds exciting new features you have been asking for.
If you already own FL Studio the good news is you will get free access to the FL Studio 12 Beta and to FL Studio 12 release. So buy FL Studio now, and be the first in line to work with the FL Studio 12 Beta.
New in FL Studio 12 (beta)
- Fully reworked scalable interface – Any screen size or resolution you use, FL Studio will always fit.
- Multi-touch – Multi-touch capability extends to the Mixer.
- Browser – New category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click.
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu have moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper (no more Channel settings pop-up).
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now be deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Step sequences are now interchangeable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation & discovery improved and simplified.
- Fruity Formula Controller – Updated, new UI.
- Fruity Envelope Controller – Updated, 8 Articulators, Mod X/Y env, Smart Knobs, New UI.
- Fruity Keyboard Controller – Attack smoothing, new UI.
FL Studio is available for purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on their first order. The beta is now available to download for registered Image-Line forum users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12
Mackie has introduced the DL32R, a powerful new 32-channel digital mixing system completely controlled wirelessly from Mackie’s intuitive Master Fader iPad app.
The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track recording/playback.
“Early on, Mackie believed that we can bring the user incredible benefits if we just let go of old conventions,” commented Ben Olswang, Mackie Senior Product Manager. “By ensuring that each and every feature can be controlled wirelessly without compromise, we are delivering benefits to users that were simply not possible before now.”
The Mackie DL32R features a mix of flexible, professional I/O in an ultra-compact 3U rackmount design. Each of the 32 inputs (24 XLR, 8 XLR/TRS combo) feature Mackie’s all-new Onyx+™ recallable mic preamps, with remote control over preamp gain and phantom power. The new Onyx+ preamps outperform the industry-proven Onyx design, which has garnered rave reviews for its boutique-quality sound and performance.
The DL32R 32-channel wireless digital mixer with iPad control will be available worldwide in Q4, 2014, priced at a MSRP of $2499.99 USD.
More information: Mackie / DL32R
Softube has announced the release of the Windows version of the Console 1 software for its next generation audio mixer.
Finally—the Windows version of the Console 1 software is out!
Furthermore, we now have automatic transfer of track name working in Pro Tools, Logic Pro and Ableton Live (on Mac). For Ableton Live, we also have automatic transfer of track number, just like we have had for Cubase, Nuendo and Studio One for a while.
So all Console 1 users—Download the updated software today!
Console 1 is available for purchase for $1,149 USD.
More information: Softube / Console 1
Solid State Logic has announced the SSL Live.L300 console, a major expansion to its Live console range.
Since the introduction of SSL’s first live console in 2013, the speed with which operators can achieve outstanding results with its consoles has been praised by leading engineers around the world. Just one year on, the release of the new L300 console and a major new software update signals SSL’s dedication to remaining at the leading edge of the live sound industry for many years to come. L300 and the new V2.5 software release embodies the SSL tradition of listening to engineers and customers and demonstrates our commitment to rapid continuous development. The L300 will be shown at the 137th AES Show in Los Angeles on booth #1409.
The new release means there are now two models available in the SSL Live console range, the larger L500 and the new more compact L300. Both consoles are perfectly equipped for applications in Touring, Installation, Houses Of Worship and Theatre. At SSL we believe that offering a more compact console should not mean compromising and reducing quality or features. Both consoles offer the same immaculate, huge SSL sound and the same superb operator experience. There are no compromises in build quality and both consoles use and can share the same Remote I/O. The L300 is physically smaller than the L500, so it is a more compact, lower cost option… with no hidden performance compromises – it’s that simple. Compact it may be but the L300 delivers the power and connectivity to handle large scale productions with up to 568 input/outputs, 128 processing paths (96 full, 32 dry), a 32 x 36 matrix, 36 VCA’s, and 48 FX slots. If you want to compare connectivity and channel count of the two consoles, you will find a simple ‘L500 Vs L300’ comparison table on the SSL web site.
Being an SSL product release, there is of course more to this than simply unveiling a new model. L300 ships with new V2.5 software which brings advanced Effects optimisation and 27 new features and updates to the SSL Live console platform, which of course includes the L500. The new Effects optimisation significantly increases the number of Effects instances, which can be deployed simultaneously for many of the on board Effect types.
SSL Live.L300 features
- Follow Mode — The new Follow Mode feature allows the Select, Solo and unique Query function buttons found on the Live console Fader Tiles to be linked together in any configuration an engineer might require. Each of the three Tile buttons can be programmed to ‘follow’ any of the other buttons on a per channel type basis. Allowing input channel, Auxiliary and Stem Group mix bus operation of the buttons to be linked in different user defined ways. A simple user interface offers fast and customisable setup of the Follow Function. Offering ultimate flexibility for operator workflow and allowing engineers to access the channels they need quickly and efficiently.
- Effects Rack Tempo Link — The Tempo Link feature adds the ability to link and control the Tap Tempo of any Delay effects loaded into the L500 and L300’s Effects Racks. Allowing up to 6 independent Tap Tempo functions to be controlled via both the hardware User Buttons and consoles multi-gesture touch screens. If multiple Delay effects need to be controlled by the same Tap Tempo, all the operator needs to do is load those effects into the same rack and enable their Tempo Link functions and they are immediately linked and their tempos linked together.
- Introduction of User Buttons for Tap and Menu select — The Master Tile User Buttons have now been activated and offer access to the 6 Tap Tempo functions that are part of the new Effects Rack Tempo Link feature and also direct access to 4 of the most used menus of the Live consoles. The User Buttons now offer direct hardware access to these key functions and can be switched simply between Mute Groups and User Buttons with a single button press. Both sets of functions are also available via the new Home Menu which is also part of the V2.5 feature set.
- Home Menu — As part of the feature expansion within the V2.5 software release, a number of new menus have been added to the Channel Control Tiles Home button, which includes its own multi-gesture touch screen. These include access to the Mute Groups and User buttons from the Tiles and also an Automation View, which gives access to and visibility of the console’s scene list, scene notes and many other automation functions.
- Mix Bus Copy — This feature allows the contributions of entire mix buses to be copied across the Live console’s flexible bus structure. Copying between Mono, Stereo and LCR configured mix buses is included and it is also possible to copy across all mix bus types. Allowing Auxiliary bus contributions to be copied to Stem Groups and vice versa. This feature offers very fast and powerful mix bus copy/paste feature that is useful for any mixing application.
L300 and V2.5 will be available from November 2014. A new L300 compatible version of SOLSA, SSL’s OffLine Setup Application will also be released alongside V2.5.
More information: Solid State Logic / SSL Live.L300
More posts that match this tag
Mackie has announced the launch of its new Mix Series of compact mixers. Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. Designed to maintain great sounding audio from any source, the new … read more
Solid State Logic has announced the XL-Desk, a modern twist on the classic analogue studio console. XL-Desk is designed for tracking or mixing engineers who require the sonic and workflow benefits of an analogue console … read more
Based on the StudioLive AI-series engine and controlled with battle-ready UC Surface software for Mac, Windows, and iOS, the StudioLive RM16AI and RM32AI 32x16x3 rack-mount Active Integration digital mixers are scalable, compact, and 100 percent … read more
Roland has announced the HS-5 Session Mixer, a digital mixer and recording interface designed for rehearsing bands, vocal groups, and other ensembles. Portable and simple to operate, the HS-5 allows up to five musicians to … read more
Harbinger Pro Audio has announced the introduction of the new MüV Series of portable PA systems. Harbinger MüV Series Portable PA systems are an easy-to-use, affordable solution for smaller performances, presentations, and rehearsals. Designed with … read more
Intermorphic has released version 2.5.22 of the Noatikl generative music lab for Windows, Mac & iOS. Love generative music? Explore & design your own fascinating soundscapes with Noatikl, the evolution of SSEYO Koan – now … read more
Waves has launched SoundGrid Studio System, a real-time processing and networking platform designed to bring your studio up to light speed. It allows your DAW to offload its plugin processing and enables your devices to … read more
Mackie has announced a price drop on its DL806 8-channel digital live sound mixer with iPad Control. Mackie’s DL Series Digital Live Sound Mixers with iPad Control have gained an amazing reputation in the world … read more
PreSonus has announced an upcoming firmware upgrade for all StudioLive AI-series Active Integration digital mixers, which will see the first digital mixing solution that provides up to 64-channels, multitrack recording, networked remote control, and more … read more
Image-Line has posted a previe video of the new vectorial mixer that will be part of the upcoming FL Studio 12 music production software. The FL Studio 12 Alpha preview version is available to download … read more
RSPE Audio Solutions has teamed up with Harrison to offer Mixbus V2.5 for the “No Brainer Deal” price of only $19.95 USD. Mixbus is a full-featured DAW for multi-track recording, editing, mixing and mastering. The … read more
PreSonus has announced Power-Up, a program that saves first-generation StudioLive digital mixer owners up to $1,200 when trading up to a new StudioLive AI-series Active Integration digital mixer. Customers can save $500 for trading in … read more
10 Soundware has announced the release of Feedback model M K, a sound library for Native Instruments Kontakt 5. Designed by Taichi Furudate, these patches are based on audio captured from a no-input mixer, an … read more
Softube has announced the release of its Console 1 computer based audio mixing solution for Windows and Mac. Console 1 will not only give you the world-class sound of the included Solid State Logic SL … read more
Outbound link: Softube
/ Console 1
– Related: equalizer
, Solid State Logic
Posted in news
on Feb 13, 2014 - 4 comments
Native Instruments has launched a limited-time February special on TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2, the highly acclaimed 2+2 channel DJ control mixer that unites analog and digital DJing techniques. Featuring two standalone channels each with Remix Deck … read more
Outbound link: Native Instruments
/ TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2
– Related: audio interface
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Feb 03, 2014 - 0 comments