, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Dec 04, 2014 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced a limited-time holiday special on its Traktor Kontrol Z2, a hybrid DJ control mixer designed for Traktor Pro 2 software.
TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 unites analog and digital DJing technology with two standalone channels, dedicated control channels for two Remix Decks, and an integrated 24-bit audio interface – the perfect pro-mixer for both classic and digital control with TRAKTOR. With a robust aircraft-grade aluminum enclosure, the Z2 is equipped with top-notch knobs and buttons, multi-colored cue point controls, and advanced Innofaders™ for durable, fluid mixing. TRAKTOR’s Macro FX and Flux Mode are directly accessible from the Z2’s dedicated buttons that allow for spontaneous creativity.
The rear panel’s two RCA inputs provide connectivity for both turntables and CDJs for analog vinyl/CD and or timecode-based setups. And for controllerists, an integrated USB hub even allows connectivity for multiple TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 and X1 controllers, expanding setup possibilities with plug-and-play simplicity.
TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 includes the latest version of the flagship TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 software. Trusted by countless professionals, TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 offers DJs up to four virtual decks, intuitive looping and cueing functionality, timecode control, and a wide range of over 30 effects. In addition, integrated Remix Decks technology allows DJs to instantly record, loop and sample audio for on-the-fly remixing. For DJs who combine the flexibility of digital DJing with classic analog systems, the Z2 also comes with TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 timecode vinyl and CDs.
Traktor Kontrol Z2 is available for purchase at a $200 USD / 200 EUR discount until December 31st, 2014.
More information: Native Instruments / Traktor Kontrol Z2
PreSonus has announced the availability of HD mode for StudioLive AI-series mixers. Once updated, any StudioLive AI-series mixer can record and play back audio streams at sample rates up to 96 kHz over the onboard FireWire 800 interface. The number of recording and playback streams is unaffected.
Designed with recording in mind, HD mode limits cascading and output processing while retaining bus mixing, Fat Channel processing on every input channel, and one reverb and one delay processor. Since included Capture™ and Studio One® Artist for Mac® and Windows® already record high-definition audio, no updates to these applications are required.
Registered StudioLive AI-series mixer owners can update their StudioLive AI-series mixer firmware free by downloading the firmware from their My PreSonus account or by connecting their mixer to an Internet-capable network and updating over the Web. Information on how to update the firmware is available from the online PreSonus Knowledgebase.
PreSonus also announced that its Nimbit® online, direct-to-fan music marketing, promotion, and sales service now supports high-definition (24-bit, 96 kHz) audio.
Only PreSonus offers a complete, “riff to release” music recording, production, and delivery solution for high-definition audio. Record, mix, and master in 24-bit, 96 kHz with a PreSonus StudioLive AI-series mixer and Capture or Studio One, then upload your HD files directly to Nimbit for promotion and delivery.
More information: PreSonus / StudioLive AI
Mackie has announced the availability of Master Fader v3.0, a free controller app for all Mackie DL Series mixers (DL32R, DL1608, and DL806).
With massive upgrades built specifically for professional applications, Master Fader v3.0 not only offers the tools pros need for the all-new DL32R, it delivers huge benefits to any DL1608 or DL806 user.
“Master Fader is designed from the ground up for wireless mixing. It’s the most intuitive and easy-to-use live sound control app out there,” commented Ben Olswang, Mackie Senior Product Manager. “Now, with a fresh user interface that delivers faster workflow and a whole new toolset designed to meet the rigorous demands of professional live sound applications, Master Fader is better and more powerful than ever.”
Changes in Master Fader v3.0 features
- Support for the new Mackie DL32R.
- Upgraded user interface for faster workflow
- More information available at a glance for faster navigation.
- New navigation bar with instant access to overview, mixer and channel view.
- Improved current parameter display that reads more clearly and includes channel color.
- Better access to secondary views.
- Updated channel strips provides more channel information at a glance.
- Added Overview showing all input and output channels at once for fast, simple navigation.
- Added 4 subgroups with stereo linking and dedicated processing on each subgroup.
- Added 4 VCAs for professional control over groups of channels.
- Added digital trim on each input, providing additional input gain control when working wirelessly.
- Added Routing view providing complete channel routing in one place for inputs, groups and outputs.
- Added Custom Channel colors and Mix colors for visually differentiated channels, groups and outputs.
- Updated Selector area adds mute group and view group controls along with a new Masters selector. Together, these 4 selectors control what inputs and outputs are visible.
- Updated Shows view allows user to add a comment to each show. Added created/modified dates to each show for improved organization.
- Added flexible Record Output patching with record levels.
- Added digital Level and Delay control for headphone output.
- Updated Preset workflow with new location right at the channel.
- Added ability to export presets, shows and backups via Dropbox or email.
- Added ability to import presets, shows and backups from 3rd party apps supporting Open In…
Master Fader v3.0 is now available as a free download from the App Store. Master Fader 3.0 is compatible with Mackie My Fader v3.0 (available soon). It is not compatible with My Fader v2.0. Do not update to Master Fader 3.0 at this time if you still need My Fader 2.0 control.
More information: Mackie
, FL Studio
, Fruity Loops
Posted in news
on Nov 12, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a beta version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 12 totally reworks the user interface and adds exciting new features you have been asking for.
If you already own FL Studio the good news is you will get free access to the FL Studio 12 Beta and to FL Studio 12 release. So buy FL Studio now, and be the first in line to work with the FL Studio 12 Beta.
New in FL Studio 12 (beta)
- Fully reworked scalable interface – Any screen size or resolution you use, FL Studio will always fit.
- Multi-touch – Multi-touch capability extends to the Mixer.
- Browser – New category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click.
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu have moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper (no more Channel settings pop-up).
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now be deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Step sequences are now interchangeable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation & discovery improved and simplified.
- Fruity Formula Controller – Updated, new UI.
- Fruity Envelope Controller – Updated, 8 Articulators, Mod X/Y env, Smart Knobs, New UI.
- Fruity Keyboard Controller – Attack smoothing, new UI.
FL Studio is available for purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on their first order. The beta is now available to download for registered Image-Line forum users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12
Mackie has introduced the DL32R, a powerful new 32-channel digital mixing system completely controlled wirelessly from Mackie’s intuitive Master Fader iPad app.
The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track recording/playback.
“Early on, Mackie believed that we can bring the user incredible benefits if we just let go of old conventions,” commented Ben Olswang, Mackie Senior Product Manager. “By ensuring that each and every feature can be controlled wirelessly without compromise, we are delivering benefits to users that were simply not possible before now.”
The Mackie DL32R features a mix of flexible, professional I/O in an ultra-compact 3U rackmount design. Each of the 32 inputs (24 XLR, 8 XLR/TRS combo) feature Mackie’s all-new Onyx+™ recallable mic preamps, with remote control over preamp gain and phantom power. The new Onyx+ preamps outperform the industry-proven Onyx design, which has garnered rave reviews for its boutique-quality sound and performance.
The DL32R 32-channel wireless digital mixer with iPad control will be available worldwide in Q4, 2014, priced at a MSRP of $2499.99 USD.
More information: Mackie / DL32R
More posts that match this tag
Softube has announced the release of the Windows version of the Console 1 software for its next generation audio mixer. Finally—the Windows version of the Console 1 software is out! Furthermore, we now have automatic … read more
Solid State Logic has announced the SSL Live.L300 console, a major expansion to its Live console range. Since the introduction of SSL’s first live console in 2013, the speed with which operators can achieve outstanding … read more
Mackie has announced the launch of its new Mix Series of compact mixers. Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. Designed to maintain great sounding audio from any source, the new … read more
Solid State Logic has announced the XL-Desk, a modern twist on the classic analogue studio console. XL-Desk is designed for tracking or mixing engineers who require the sonic and workflow benefits of an analogue console … read more
Based on the StudioLive AI-series engine and controlled with battle-ready UC Surface software for Mac, Windows, and iOS, the StudioLive RM16AI and RM32AI 32x16x3 rack-mount Active Integration digital mixers are scalable, compact, and 100 percent … read more
Roland has announced the HS-5 Session Mixer, a digital mixer and recording interface designed for rehearsing bands, vocal groups, and other ensembles. Portable and simple to operate, the HS-5 allows up to five musicians to … read more
Harbinger Pro Audio has announced the introduction of the new MüV Series of portable PA systems. Harbinger MüV Series Portable PA systems are an easy-to-use, affordable solution for smaller performances, presentations, and rehearsals. Designed with … read more
Intermorphic has released version 2.5.22 of the Noatikl generative music lab for Windows, Mac & iOS. Love generative music? Explore & design your own fascinating soundscapes with Noatikl, the evolution of SSEYO Koan – now … read more
Waves has launched SoundGrid Studio System, a real-time processing and networking platform designed to bring your studio up to light speed. It allows your DAW to offload its plugin processing and enables your devices to … read more
Mackie has announced a price drop on its DL806 8-channel digital live sound mixer with iPad Control. Mackie’s DL Series Digital Live Sound Mixers with iPad Control have gained an amazing reputation in the world … read more
PreSonus has announced an upcoming firmware upgrade for all StudioLive AI-series Active Integration digital mixers, which will see the first digital mixing solution that provides up to 64-channels, multitrack recording, networked remote control, and more … read more
Image-Line has posted a previe video of the new vectorial mixer that will be part of the upcoming FL Studio 12 music production software. The FL Studio 12 Alpha preview version is available to download … read more
RSPE Audio Solutions has teamed up with Harrison to offer Mixbus V2.5 for the “No Brainer Deal” price of only $19.95 USD. Mixbus is a full-featured DAW for multi-track recording, editing, mixing and mastering. The … read more
PreSonus has announced Power-Up, a program that saves first-generation StudioLive digital mixer owners up to $1,200 when trading up to a new StudioLive AI-series Active Integration digital mixer. Customers can save $500 for trading in … read more
10 Soundware has announced the release of Feedback model M K, a sound library for Native Instruments Kontakt 5. Designed by Taichi Furudate, these patches are based on audio captured from a no-input mixer, an … read more