Image-Line has announced version 2.3 of its Deckadance DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance 2.30 adds support for Image-Line Remote so you can now control Deckadance & FL Studio from any Android (phone or tablet) and iOS (iPod touch, iPhone or iPad) device.
You can even use any combination of up to 15 devices at once! Why not invite your friends over for a group DJ session :)
Changes in Deckadance v2.3
- Image-Line Remote Support – Controller support from up to 15 Android and iOS devices.
- New Smart Panels – EQ, Gain & Filter, Volume, Mix & Isolator, FX and Grossbeat.
- Fixes bugs – Reported from Deckadance version 2.2.
- Added MIDI script commands – PLAY_X, PHASE_SYNC_X, BEAT_ID_X, STANDALONE and TRACK_POSITION_X.
- Support for ESI soundcards.
- Fixed – Issues with soundcard samplerates >= 99.6 KHz.
- Fixed – Synchronization problem with the Leap function in Snap mode.
- Added – Automatic switching of MIDI ports between standard MIDI page and Scripts page..
Deckadance 2 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $79 USD / $149 USD (DVS support). New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on orders of $89 USD or above at the Image-Line online store.
More information: Image-Line / Deckadance
The Drum Broker has announced a new online mixing and mastering service by Manuel Roessler.
The Drum Broker has teamed up with one of our favorite and most referred Mixing & Mastering Engineers, Manuel Roessler to bring you some EXCLUSIVE Mixing and Mastering Packages.
Manuel has an excellent resume and sonically proven track record when it comes to mixing and mastering music for artists in the hip hop community (or industry). Having engineered for the likes of Reks, Slaine, Ruste Juxx, Hi-Tek, R.A. The Rugged Man, Lord Finesse, Rawkus Records, Soulspazm Records, Pete Rock, Guilty Simpson, Oh No, Scarface, Ed OG, Terminology, and MANY MORE!
The mastering service is available to purchase starting at $50 USD for the first song, with discounts offered when submitting multiple audio files in a single order. Mixing and mastering costs $150 per song.
More information: The Drum Broker / Mixing & Mastering service
Tracktion Software Corporation has released version 5.2.2 of Tracktion, the music production software for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Tracktion v5.2.2
- Added sequencer channel note shifting.
- Added means of swiftly toggling sequencer notes in a consistent pattern.
- Added groove template support to sequencer channels.
- Added an option to restore audio settings to defaults.
- Added a way to create a new plugin by right-clicking on an existing plugin item.
- Fix for file render paths not updating when changed.
- Fix for cleaning up some temp files.
- Fix for wrapping plugins in racks.
- Fix for some VST3 plugins.
- Fix for per-clip filter automation when drag-copying clips.
- Fix for restoring the default wave output.
- Fix for restoring the default wave output.
- Fix for edit clip renders having to be regenerated.
Tracktion is available to purchase for $59.99 USD.
More information: Tracktion
Samplerbanks has introduced Mixing EDM, a masterclass from music industry veteran Ken Lewis of Audio School Online.
Ken Lewis takes you through an entire EDM mix, start to finish, 106 tracks, straight through with no interruptions. Ken shows you every plugin, every fader move and pan adjustment, all of the mix bus processing, and explains in depth what he is doing and why he is doing it.
Ken focuses on explaining side chain compression usage as well as how to string multiple effects together to create new textures and spaces. This lesson is jam packed with information that’s easy to follow along with and you can try out your own EDM mixing chops on the full session provided. The audio is also stemmed out for use with any DAW.
This song titled “R U Happy” is written and produced by SnareFace Music and Tarek Elian, from Beirut, Lebanon (bet you did not expect that). Check out more of their music at www.facebook.com/snareface and www.facebook.com/TarekElian.
The full Pro Tools session is included with the download as well as consolidated WAVE files for any DAW systems.
Mixing EDM features
- 4.9 GB GB content (video tutorial + sounds).
- 1 hour 40 minutes video.
- Includes Pro Tools Session + audio stems for any DAW.
The video course is available to purchase for £14.95 GBP.
More information: Samplerbanks / Mixing EDM
Dangerous Music has announced the release of the Dangerous Compressor, a dual-mono/stereo compressor for tracking, mixing and mastering designed by legendary mastering gear guru Chris Muth.
The dangerous compressor was designed to be simple, transparent and powerful.
Built to the exacting standards of the mastering community, as with all things Dangerous, it has also proven indispensable for tracking and mixing. Tame a vocal, tighten a snare, crush a sampled loop or gently smooth a track- the compressor will rise to the occasion, providing rapid results, intuitive feedback and without coloration.
Like all Dangerous Music equipment, the compressor achieves musical, yet transparent results; in the words of producer and mixer Michael James (New Radicals, Hole, Robben Ford, L7, Edwin McCain, The Coronas) “The new Dangerous Compressor is a ‘must have’ in my world. It’s a refreshing complement to the currently fashionable boxes that indiscriminately add color to your sound-whether you want it or not.”
Dangerous Compressor features
- Hit your choice of buttons and twist the threshold for radio-ready results.
- Smart Dyn Dual Slope Detection: Automatically limits peaks while stealthily compressing the average.
- Auto Attack/Release: Replace “guess” with “yes” for rapid-fire results.
- Performs like an automated fader: No more drawing vocal rides.
- True Stereo Dual Detector: Traditional linking shares one detector, often resulting in a narrower stereo image.
- Immaculate VCA: Virtually no distortion, even with 20dB of gain reduction.
- Internal sidechain circuitry houses the audiophile soul of the compressor.
- Bass Cut: Tightens the track without sacrificing the low end.
- Sibilance Boost: Shave sibilance and shrill histrionics with zero post-compression hangover.
The new Dangerous Compressor is available through dealers worldwide for a street price of $2,799 USD.
More information: Dangerous Music / Dangerous Compressor
Related: channel strip
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 25, 2014 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced that iZotope is offering a discount on its Alloy 2 mixing tools for a limited time.
Far more than just a traditional channel strip, Alloy 2 is a modern twist on classic mixing that neatly packages the mixing essentials in a self-contained and completely configurable plug-in that puts everything you need at your fingertips.
Alloy 2 features
- Get six powerful tools in one integrated plug-in: Equalizer, Dynamics, Exciter, De-Esser, Transient Shaper and Limiter.
- Achieve exceptional sound quality, balancing vintage emulation with digital precision.
- Hear results immediately with zero latency performance, whether you’re tracking in real-time or in the midst of a mix session.
- Visualize your mixing decisions with rich meter displays to guide the way.
- Start fast, then go deep with over 250 presets and a tweaker’s paradise of advanced controls.
Until 31st March, 2014, Alloy 2 is available to purchase for £84.95 GBP / 114 EUR (over 40% off RRP).
Existing Alloy users can upgrade to Alloy 2 for £36.95 GBP / 51.95 EUR, and existing users of other iZotope products can crossgrade for £65.95 GBP / 87.95 EUR.
More information: Time+Space / Alloy 2
IK Multimedia has announced the release of GrooveMaker 2 for iPad, the most powerful mobile loop based music making app with a patented “groove generator” engine that lets anyone create professional quality non-stop grooves, beats and songs in real time.
GrooveMaker 2.1 adds universal compatibility that provides iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of professional tools and effects for creating music and grooves on the go on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a completely new and intuitive way of making music by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that always sound good together, and users use these to build grooves and complete songs.
GrooveMaker 2 gives users total control over the creation, mixing and remixing process from a newly designed iOS 7 style interface and intuitive controls, loop import, automatic mixing controls, loop effects, mastering effects, groove sequencing and export controls. With GrooveMaker 2, anyone can make music and be a DJ, anywhere, any time.
GrooveMaker 2 for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / GrooveMaker 2 for iPad