112dB has updated its Redline Monitor near-field monitor simulation for headphones to support 64-bit hosts (AU & VST).
Redline Monitor is a listening, mixing, and mastering tool that makes your headphones experience more natural: as if the sound came from a pair of external speakers.
It replaces the extreme stereo separation that is characteristic for headphones by the detailed stereo image of near-field monitor speakers without any detrimental effect on the audio.
Redline Monitor features
- Transparent sound with perfectly flat frequency response.
- Support for samplerates up to 384kHz.
- True stereo soundstage with adjustable speaker position.
- Separately adjustable phantom center level for optimal speaker matching.
- Distance control to simulate placement of near-field monitors in room.
- Auxiliary left/right solo and phase invert controls for critical listening.
- Output switchable to mono for mono-compatibility checking.
In celebration of the new release, Redline Monitor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/VST) is available to purchase at a 50% discount until September 30, 2013.
More information: 112dB / Redline Monitor
Apple has released version 10.0.2 of Logic Pro X, the digital audio workstation for Mac.
Sophisticated new tools for professional songwriting, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed.
Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Changes in Logic Pro X v10.0.2
- Undo commands work as expected after Flex Pitch editing.
- The Vintage Electric Piano plug-in now performs correctly at all sample rates.
- The Capture Last Take key command no longer erases a MIDI recording.
- Double-clicking on a Drummer region now opens or closes the editor.
- Addresses a graphic issue where the Piano Roll Editor could display an empty window.
- Check the release notes for details.
This release is recommended for all Logic Pro X customers.
More information: Apple / Logic Pro X
Toontrack has launched Mastering II EZmix Pack, a new mastering pack for the EZmix 2 software for Windows and Mac.
After the massive success of the Mastering EZmix Pack, Toontrack just released a second collection of settings completely devoted to mastering. Just like the first volume, Mastering II EZmix Pack was designed by Mats “Limpan” Lindfors, senior engineer at the leading mastering studio in Scandinavia, Cutting Room.
Equipped with an expanded selection of back-end effects to work with, he has crafted a comprehensive batch of one-click signal chains to complement the first pack. Mastering II EZmix Pack tackles new obstacles to overcome, new styles, genres and paints an overall broader scope to the EZmix Line and the content geared specifically towards mastering.
Mastering II EZmix Pack features
- Continues where the Mastering EZmix Pack left off.
- 50 custom-made signal chain presets.
- Content for different styles, genres and mastering needs.
- Designed by mastering engineer Mats “Limpan” Lindfors.
The EZmix Pack costs $49 USD / 39 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Mastering II EZmix Pack
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Aug 20, 2013
Serato has announced version 1.3 of its Serato DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Serato DJ is our best feature set for all-in-one controllers. It delivers performance to meet the demands of DJs at the top of their game and sets a new standard for controller DJs.
Changes in Serato DJ v1.3
- Serato DJ FX Expansion Packs containing new FX powered by iZotope: The Wolf Pack, available as a free download, and the Back Pack, available to purchase for USD19.
The Wolf Pack contains Epic Verb, Bit Crush, Tremolo, Repeater, Braker and Brake Echo, and the Back Pack contains Tape Echo, Looper, Time Stretch, Spiral Echo and Envelope Filter. Both packs contain a large number of Multi FX presets.
- Favorite FX allows you to customize the effects select drop down menus that appear in Serato DJ, showing the FX you choose as your favorites.
- Slip Mode for all supported Serato DJ controllers. When Slip Mode is activated you can manipulate the audio as normal (e.g scratching, Looping, triggering Cue Points etc), however once you have finished, the playback position is returned to where it would be if you had not manipulated the audio. Slip Mode can also be MIDI mapped to a secondary MIDI controller if your hardware doesn’t have a dedicated Slip Mode button.
- Novation TWITCH, Vestax VCI-300 & VFX-1 Support.
- Numark NS7 MKII Support.
- Fixed Tap tempo lighting on Pioneer DDJ-SX.
- Fixed the crossfader curve options being swapped in the Setup screen.
- Changed vinyl button lighting on Vestax VCI-400 to make it more clear that you are in slip mode.
- Numark MixDeck and MixDeck Express now show correct BPM when a deck is in Sync.
- Fixed Play from First Cue Point Setup screen option stability.
- Fixed platter scratching on NS7 with motor off and track paused.
- Fixed needle-search on VCI-380.
- Fixed a bug where Play from First Cue Point option was broken if track configured with first cue point.
- Fixed Beatgrid Slip not working with motor off on NS7
- Start/Stop time on NS7 is now remembered in software with motor off.
- Fixed Slip/Shift mode platter interaction.
- Fixed a bug where Shift + Beatgrid Adjust sometimes moved playhead when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed deck showing incorrect pitch sometimes after switching layers
- MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them.
The Serato DJ v1.3 update is now available to download.
More information: Serato / Serato DJ
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Aug 16, 2013
Native Instruments has launched a limited-time special offer on Traktor Kontrol S2, reducing the price of
the compact all-in-one DJ controller system to $399 / 399 EUR throughout August 2013.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 is a versatile integrated DJ performance system that set a new standard in the 2-deck category. Offering DJs a more portable alternative to the professional 4-deck KONTROL S4 system, the KONTROL S2 provides a versatile ’2+1′ setup with two full-featured playback decks as well as comprehensive mixing features and effects with the same acclaimed sound quality.
Integrated with the included full-featured TRAKTOR PRO 2 software, the 2+1 concept adds an additional third channel for Remix Decks which opens up a wide range of additional creative performance techniques beyond the typical two-deck paradigm in its product category.
All essential functions, including looping, cueing, effects control, and track browsing have dedicated hardware controls, allowing DJs to focus on performance and not the computer screen.
Traktor Kontrol S2 is available to purchase for $399 / 399 EUR until August 31 2013, or while stocks last. Traktor Kontrol S4 is also currently available at a reduced price of $599 USD / 599 EUR until August 31 2013, or while stocks last.
More information: Native Istruments / Traktor Kontrol S2