Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on April 4th, 2008:
- The Beast – TR-606 Modification – The fluidity of the 606, Roland's *only* drum machine that can switch seamlessly between write and play modes, is well known, however the static sound and poor interfacing leaves it wanting. The Beast Modification addresses these issues.
Currently this 606 beast is not available, but you could get a TB-303 mod…
Pluggotic has released Shattersync, a modified version of DarkWare’s Shattershot Lite.
Shattersync is a stuttering/repeating effect plug-in based on modulated delays triggered by a step-sequencer. Repeats of all sorts, glitches and noises, random events and singular/casual phrases re-arrangements can be achieved quickly, on both melodic and rhythmic material.
For those knowing and loving Shattershot Lite VST, Shattersync is essentially a host (and therefore BPM) synchronized version of its predecessor. it should be noted that the work I made to modify the creature will not make it sound any better and possibly all the voodoo magic spawned from Shattershot Lite will disappear, replaced by a tamed, ordered, boring, mechanism of nothingness.
The alterations of the original design are focused on:
- New modulations, now host-synchronized.
- A new independent stuttering FX in the signal chain.
- MIDI implementation.
- New GUI.
Visit Pluggotic for more information and a link to download Shattersync.
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on March 12th, 2008:
Minicomputer uses Jack as realtime audio infrastructure and can be controlled via MIDI.
- Guitar Hero on C64: The Music Game for 8-Bit Lovers – Yes, just when you thought you’d seen every conceivable take on mods, customizations, clones, homages, robots, artistic reinterpretations, and other cultural artifacts inspired by Guitar Hero, there’s this — a Guitar Hero clone on Commodore 64.
- SUB-COMMANDER Guitar Synthesizer – buffer your guitar's signal, create a pulse waveform (at the same frequency as the guitar) divide it's frequency in half (sub-octave generator) and generate a gate when you pluck a string so you can control the SUB-COMMANDER's AR generators.
Want to have a circuit bent Commodore 64 without having to do all the work yourself?
Bighead Electronics is offering a limited edition pre-modded C64, the Bent64.
Bighead Electronics Bent64
List of the mods
- COMMODORE BENT 64! Is a unique one of a kind musical instrument!
- Professionally designed custom internal PCB with microprocessor.
- Professionally designed custom internal cabling.
- Beautiful custom black paint.
- Custom design high quality decals.
- Built-in Filter knob (changes values on the SID filter).
- Custom RCA audio/video, audio out (dual) jacks on the back for easy connectivity.
- audio in (process external sources).
- Video out (easily connects to any modern T.V.).
- Custom 14 segment LED screen for user info (80s Style).
- Custom LED functionality indicators.
- Built in Cynthcart (user port can be used freely!).
- Choose between Cynthcart or normal Commodore 64 BASIC boot up with just a toggle switch.
It’s currently at $350 with a few bids and about 8 hours on the clock, so hurry on over to the eBay auction if you’re interested.
Link via technabob
Related: Amy McKenzie
, Belmont Art Park
, Erik Hawkins
, random posts
, Star Wars
Posted in random posts
on Dec 10, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on December 9th, 2007:
, Jeremiah Johnson
, Joshua Pennings
, online service
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Nov 29, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on November 28th, 2007:
- Drop.io: Simple, Private Storage & Sharing – No signup, no email, just drop and tell whoever you want to share your stuff with where to find it.
- Making Old Hardware Play New Tunes – Working with screwdrivers and soldering irons, chiptune composer Jeremiah Johnson painstakingly reprograms the rudimentary sound chips in the game machines to create songs that play right from the console.
- JOSH – Beelden van Roest – Dutch artist Joshua Pennings makes amazing animal sculptures from metal and old tools.
- Doom3: Project Mars City – Amazing PC case mod in Doom 3 style, with video and images
- City 7: Toronto Conflict Half-Life 2 mod – Gordon Freeman is stuck in Toronto due to a teleporting accident in Kleiner’s lab. Explore what has become of City 7 in areas like Dundas square, Eaton Center , Mel Lastman square, St. Michael’s Hospital and TTC system under the Combine rule.