Sensomusic has released Update 6 of Usine Hollyhock, a software application dedicated to live music and real-time installations.
It’s not a traditional Digital Audio Workstation so, it has a very specific approach. Also it’s a modular environment, which means that, even if you can find many ready to use examples, the main goal is to create and customize your live set to fit it exactly to your needs.
Usine is different but finally you’ll realize that it is one of the most powerful audio software you can find.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v1.02.010
- New multi-channel Reverb module.
- New List Manager module.
- New File Lister module.
- Scan for plug-ins (AU and VST) faster and more efficient.
- 32bits floating point Multi-Channel Recording in the Direct to disk panel and the Sample player recorder.
- OSC (open sound control) optimization.
- Filter (LP, HP, BC, NOTCH) optimization.
- A vertical scrollbar in the Grid panel allows no an unlimited number of lines.
- Addons automatically downloaded and available in the Browser Panel.
- Various GUI Grid panel improvements.
- Better zoom command in the Sample player.
- New Current Workspace Settings module.
- Devices panel reset more efficients.
- Most of reported issues fixed.
- Check the release notes for details.
Usine Hollyhock is available to purchase for the launch price of 159 EUR (20% off regular).
More information: Sensomusic
, Desert Sound Studios
, drum machine
, Max for Live
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 10, 2013
Desert Sound Studios has announced the release of Mk-iii, a drum machine instrument for Max for Live, comprising a step-sequencer and drum sample playback module.
The MK-iii drum machine from Desert Sound Studios takes a new approach to traditional drum machine design. By splitting the drum machine into two, each Max for Live device can be used separately or combined into a single drum machine. This flexibility opens up new possibilities inside Live.
Highly influenced by the digital drum machines of the late 80′s, the MK-iii includes a full electronic drum sample kit from that era. Quickly load these sounds or your own and shape them with the on-board filter, bit crusher and delays. And for those with Lemur, a touch template covering nearly every parameter can be downloaded for free at desertsoundstudios.com.
The MK-iii combines the familiarity of a drum machine with the advantages of modern technology. For owners of Live 9 Suite, this combination makes a great gateway into the powerful world of Max for Live.
- Four independent 16-step sequencer tracks.
- Assignable note and accent velocity.
- Selectable midi note output and note duration.
- Independent pattern start and pattern length adjustments.
- Two trigger modes:Song Sync (Ableton) and MIDI Input (note trigger).
- Swing function and Step Divider.
- Drum module
- Four independent dual-sample sound engines.
- Optimized audio playback engine and voice allocation system.
- Independent coarse tune, fine tune and volume per sample.
- Pan and Decay setting per sound.
- Multi-effects per sound (Filter, Bit Crush, and Delay+Filter).
- Unique modular design; connect the sequencer or the sample playback module Max for Live devices through track-based MIDI and audio routing.
- Includes full drum sample kit based on the Dr-550 drum machine.
- Optional Lemur template provides touch control over nearly every parameter of the Mk-iii.
The Mk-iii drum machine costs $23.99 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9 Suite or Ableton Live 8/9 with Max for Live Add-on.
More information: Desert Sound Studios / Mk-iii
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Aug 21, 2013
VST Buzz has launched a sale on the Modular Piano sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt by Audiority.
The Modular Piano is a synthesized acoustic piano that is capable of creating a cinematic piano sound as well as intimate and unusual soundscapes. Its an incredibly flexible instrument that is small in size (877MB) and provides a very unique piano sound, perfect for a wide range of styles.
The Modular Piano comes with 27 Kontakt Instruments and 4 Kontakt Multis (requires Kontakt 4.2.4 or higher).This is a great piano to add to your creative arsenal and at $20 its a complete no-brainer. Listen to the demos to hear just how versatile this instrument really is!
Modular Piano is available to purchase for $20 USD until August 27th, 2013 (regular $33 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
macProVideo.com has launched a video course for u-he ACE “Any Cable Everywhere”, the virtual semi-modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
If an analog modular had sex with a synth plugin, u-he ACE would be the offspring. Learn how to virtually patch this cool plugin with our ever-cool trainer and synth expert, Rishabh Rajan.
Every once in a while, a synth plugin comes along that we feel compelled to bring to your attention – even if it’s a bit obscure: That’s u-he ACE! This unique synth – whose acronym ACE stands for Any Cable Everywhere – is the sonic tweaker’s dream come true.
In this course (which assumes a bit of synth knowledge), you explore every inch of this plugin. You learn all about patching and the multitude of possibilities that this kind of open-ended synth architecture provides for the creative sound designer.
With a patch cable-based synth you ARE the circuit designer AND the sound designer rolled into one. So get ready to learn and dig into u-he ACE with the amazing Rishabh Rajan. Soon, you’ll be making sonic landscapes that every synth and synthesist only hear in their electronic dreams!
The course is now available to macProVideo subscribers. A HD Download costs $19.50 USD.
More information: macProVideo / u-he ACE course
Binary Music has announced the release of Electrophonics, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt, Ableton Live and Apple Logic Pro.
The main panel in Kontakt has controls for volume envelope and modulation, pitch mod and filter controls (only a couple of patches use the Kontakt filter, but it is here as a convenient method of quickly changing timbre).
It is an eclectic collection of sounds, which have been created by or processed through a modular synthesizer system. This library is great for soundtrack work and for adding texture or organic elements to all types of electronic music.
There are 138 patches (plus an additional 32 Time Machine versions of patches with rhythmic content in the Kontakt version). These have been made from over 730 samples, recorded at 44.1 kHz with a 24 bit resolution. The patches are arranged into 8 categories: Coolicon, Drones, Filter Sweeps, Modular Tones, Odyssey FX, Percussion, Space Atmospheres and Zither. The Coolicon is a light shade famously used by Delia Derbyshire whilst recording at the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.
The Electrophonics library is available to purchase for £18 GBP / 21 EUR /$23 USD for Kontakt and £15 GBP / 17 EUR / $19 USD for Live and EXS24, including VAT in EU.
More information: Binary Music