XILS-lab has released version 1.5 of Le Masque: Delay, a delay effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Le Masque: Delay is a revolutionary Time Line driven Delay Effect which can be used to perform unique and totally new Delay based effects in a fast and intuitive way.
To accomplish this task, Le Masque: Delay inherits the renowned XILS-lab filters and all the experience accumulated from the making of Virtual Analog synthesizers and audio effects.
XILS-lab Le Masque: Delay effect plugin for PC and Mac.
Changes in Le Masque Delay v1.5
- New FREEZE/DUB button: When this function is engaged, it will read the “loop” of the delay until disengaged. It can be used to generate loops and textures, and allows the user to keep playing and improvising over the loop.
- LOCK DRY/WET LEVEL Button: The user can now browse all presets while preserving the Dry/Wet level ratio.
- There are now 16 Masks instead of 8.
- MultiMasks selections: The user can now select several Masks with a combination of different techniques, and move their locations, or change all their locators with a single mouse drag. There are three buttons to select ALL MASKS, ODD MASKS, or EVEN MASKS. Or the combination CTRL + CLICK to select continuous or discontinuous Masks. Mousing over a mask will now select it automatically. Background color and shape changes will reflect the status of each Mask (Selected, Unselected).
- Display of the incoming audio signal inside the Grid Area: This feature is designed to improve workflow, speed of use, and to help the user with positioning the Masks.
- Revamped management of the Masks locators:
- New Level Toggle for the Masks Level Parameter: When this button is on, the delay signal will only be heard if the incoming level is over the Mask Level. It acts like a threshold parameter for playing and experimenting Live, or to find the best Masks configuration while moving them on the grid.
- New Zoom Function: Zoom x4 the grid area for accurate editing of the position and length of the masks.
- New Presets & video tutorials (see below): around 50 new presets have been added for a total of over 120. Presets include Slap Back Delays, PingPong Delays, Resonators, Pseudo Spring Reverb delays, et etc.
- Windows: With certain combinations of Daws/Systems, the GUI could become sluggish. Now fixed.
- Windows 7 RTAS: now installing correctly.
- RTAS version: now always in sync with all Pro Tools versions and decimal tempo is now working.
Le Masque: Delay is available at a 25% discount until February 20th, 2013, priced at 44 EUR / $58 USD (regular 59 EUR / $77 USD). The update is free for all previous owners.
More information: XILS-lab / Le Masque: Delay
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 17, 2013
Synthescience has released 18 new free effect plug-ins for Windows.
Synthescience.com webpage gets a full content update and now delivers 18!! more effects/processors plugins to join the two allready published synths, Prodigious & Poly 2106.
Taking a big jump from two to twenty free unrestricted full featured products was the best way we could find to mark our statement into this new year, now meet the new faces at products/effects processors area and hope you enjoy the looks & features, the synthescience team…
Delay Box is one of the 18 new free effect plug-ins by Synthescience.
New effect plug-ins
- Delay / Reverb effects: Delay Box, Freezechamber.
- Distortion / Lo-Fi effects: Drivefactor, Driveshaper, R-Sample Factor.
- Dynamics processors: Compressor Box, Limiter Box.
- Filter / EQ processors: 10 Band Graphic EQ, The Filtermate.
- Modulation effects: Chorus Box, Autopan Modulator, Autospread Box, Phaser Box, Phaser 2/8, Flanger Box, Symphonic Ensemble, Chorus+, Slicer Box.
The plug-ins are available to download at no cost (Windows VST).
More information: Synthescience
SPC Plugins has updated its Morphilter effect plug-in to version 1.2, which is now also available in VST and AU (32/64bit) for Mac OS X.
Morphilter is a stereo multi-mode filter with LFO-driven crossfading. Morphilter produces lowpass, notch, highpass and bandpass filter responses. It allows a continuous crossfade from one response to the next. This crossfade may be automated by an LFO. In addition, the cutoff frequencies of the left and right filters may be independently modulated by two further LFOs. All three LFOs may independently be locked to tempo or free-running.
Changes in Morphilter
- GUI knobs default to linear operation.
- Improved sound quality.
- Boosted output level.
- Smoothed modulation.
- Revamped presets.
- Many internal improvements.
- Now uses username/authorisation code system.
Morphilter is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: SPC Plugins / Morphilter
Push Button Bang has released Massive Modulations, a collection of advanced presets for complextro and dubstep.
A unique collection of 64 playable bass and lead modulation sequences. A turn of a macro allows you to create sounds which mutate slowly over time or produce fast and complex changes.
Have fun and go for maximum effect – creating subtle or dramatic changes in massive has never been easier!
Massive Modulations features
- 64 Playable Modulation Sequence Presets
- 30 Bass Sequence Modulations
- 16 Lead Modulations
- 9 Multi Modulations
- 9 Poly Chord Modulations
- Compatible with NI Massive 1.3 and above.
The soundset is available to purchase for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Push Button Bang / Massive Modulations
Minimal System Instruments has announced a limited time sale on its reverb effect plug-ins.
MSI reverb plugins
- ModVerb is a reverb plugin packed with unique features. Modelled on analogue technology the plugin also sounds as good as it looks. Featuring four distinct sections (including – main reverb section, modulation section, delay section, and master section) the sounds that can be created with this processor are immense and endless.
- Nebula Analogue Space Reverb can be used to create standard reverb effects but it really excels when used to create stunning atmospheric sounds from something as simple as a single drum hit. When used with more complex loops and sounds the possibilities are endless.
- Airwalker is a beautiful sounding analogue modelled reverb based on hand built classic processors. Sometimes with audio plugins less is most definately more, you dont want to get bogged down with endless amounts of controls and spend all of your time experimenting and not actually creating the sounds you need.
The reverb plug-ins (Windows VST) are 50% off until January 31st, 2013.
More information: Minimal System Instruments / MSI Reverbs
, effect plugins
, Inear Display
, Ivo Ivanov
Posted in news
on Jan 03, 2013
Inear Display has updated the Becuphal effect plugin for Windows and Mac to version 1.2.
Bucephal is a sound mangling plugin based on two delay lines designed to be mutated by four modulators freely assignable to the time and feedback.
Inear Display’s Bucephal v1.2 comes with a new, vector based GUI.
Changes in Becuphal v1.2
- Everything has been rewritten from scratch.
- Brand new UI, totally vector based so that it can be resized using the bottom right handle.
- New custom preset format : the presets can now be shared between all platforms / formats.
- New copy protection scheme using a serial number .
- New MIDI learn system.
- MIDI LFO retrigger.
- Factory presets by Ivo Ivanov from GLITCHMACHINES.
- Gain slider for each delay line.
- Assignable modulator for delay time and feedback with independent modulation amount.
- 2 Envelope followers and 2 LFOs.
- New sensitivity control for the envelope followers.
- New waveshaper mode : “dirt” based on the algorithm used in Gorgon.
- “Hard clipper” and “dirt” modes now have an additional “Boost” control.
- Some minor bug fixes.
Bucephal for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs 20 EUR. You can still take advantage of the new year sale to get 50% off any purchase by entering the code NOISY2013 at checkout.
More information: Inear Display / Becuphal