Togu Audio Line has released version 1.218 of the TAL-BassLine-101 virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
This release includes AAX support for Pro-Tools 10.3.6 or higher and Pro-Tools 11 and introduces some new features as FM-Filter Modulation, delete and insert steps in the sequencer, the possibility to record host automation with Midi Learn and a lot more.
Changes in BassLine-101 v1.218
- AAX support for Pro-Tools 10.3.6 or higher and Pro-Tools 11 added.
- Filter-FM for all waveforms as source added.
- Sequencer Insert, Delete, Length Global and Velocity Global added.
- MIDI automation can now record host automation.
- Keyfollow scale fixed for values > 0 and < 1.
- Better user interface performance while reading automation.
- More stable sequencer host-sync.
- Record sequence with MIDI and host sync fixed.
- Portamento Linear sample-rate bug fixed.
The BassLine-101 plug-in is available for the introductory price of $40 USD until September 10th, 2013 (regular $60 USD).
More information: Togu Audio Line / TAL-BassLine-101
Bitwig has posted another video of the Bitwig Studio beta, demonstrating the unified modulation system in Bitwig Studio.
Whether you’re working with macro controls, setting up modulation devices (such as LFOs or envelope followers controlling plug-ins), or just assigning velocity to the filter in our virtual analog synth—assignments are all made using the same powerful but easy-to-use concept.
More information: Bitwig
Sinevibes has announced version 3.0 of Turbo, a wave transformer plugin for Mac.
Turbo is an effect offering a unique sound manipulation technology. It takes the input signal and directly bends its shape using one of its eight sine-based transfer functions, vastly enriching the spectral content with new harmonics. Moreover, all the vibrations and beatings in the original signal are emphasised and create wobbling, growling or even screaming effects. Combined with separate filters on both the input and the output, Turbo allows you to turn any simple sound into a completely new, rich textures with incredible density and character.
The new version has been completely redesigned from the ground up, and adds multiple sound shaping and modulation possibilities.
Changes in Turbo 3.0
- Completely new user interface, redesigned from the ground up.
- New output multi-mode filter (LPF, BPF, HPF).
- New parameter modulation scheme; modulation sliders follow original parameter.
- Added input gain and output level controls.
- Added modulation controls for output filter cutoff and dry/wet balance.
- Variable LFO lag (shape smoothing).
- Variable per-cycle LFO randomisation.
- PDF user manual.
- New preset patches.
Turbo for Mac (AU) is available to purchase for $19 USD.
More information: Sinevibes / Turbo
Sugar Bytes has announced the release of WOW2, a filter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
We dreamt of a WOW2 and now it is here! With a future-dripping user interface, 21 incredible filter types with the famous vowel mode.
With distortions that cover your tracks with gas and put them on fire. Modulations that cause more trouble than your modular dark room. And finally that warm and juicy sound, that you were looking for.
- 21 Filter types like Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Bandreject, Comb and much more. (Lowpass types up to 48 db, including flavors like SVF, Diode Ladder and Transistor Ladder.).
- Three different analog modeling overdrives, four digital distortion functions (pre/post filter).
- 4 modulation engines(Envelope Follower, LFO, Step Sequencer, Wobbler).
- Modulators can modulate and randomize each other!
- Vowel Mode.
- More than 240 presets.
WOW2 is available to purchase for 99 EUR/USD. The upgrade from WOW is 49 EUR/USD, and includes a 49 EUR/USD voucher.
More information: Sugar Bytes / WOW2
Jiggery-Pokery has released the Ammo 400R / 1200BR Rack Extensions for Propellerhead Reason.
Jiggery-Pokery Ammo 1200BR Modulation Oscillators RE for Reason.
Arm your rack and take Reason modulation to the next level with Ammo’s 136 basic and complex waveforms.
With four audio oscillators that can be freely mixed and routed, and a massive frequency range, Ammo features an all-audio rate internal oscillator path suitable for both audio and CV output.
Available in two variants, the smaller 400R available here includes the full Ammo oscillator section, a six-stage envelope and a Re-ARM internal routing device. The flagship 1200BR includes 8 further CV-rate LFOs, four of which can be routed internally or externally, in the Battery Low Frequency Ordnance Processor for automatic waveform and external audio crossfading and switching, and lo-fi S&H (sample and hold) effects.
The Ammo Rack Extensions are available to purchase for 35 EUR (400R) / 65 EUR (1200BR).
More information: Jiggery-Pokery / Ammo 400R / 1200BR
SPC Plugins has introduced its Freek stereo frequency shifter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Stereo frequency shifter and barberpole phaser with tempo-locked delays, dual 96-waveform LFOs and phase-lock. All audio processing 64-bit.
- Stereo frequency shifting with independent or phase-locked shift.
- Stereo barberpole phasing with up to 32 stages.
- Advanced, dual 96-waveform LFOs. Waveforms include 8 different random modulations, 32 sequencer patterns, an envelope follower and many others.
- Tempo syncronisation at 24 rates from 1 cycle in 64 bars to 128 cycles in 1 bar.
- Two shift ranges for precise control.
- “Intelligent” randomize feature.
- MIDI learn.
- Minimal CPU power and memory bandwidth.
Freek for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs $39 USD.
More information: SPC Plugins / Freek
StudioWeapon has announced the release of Underscore, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Underscore is an instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1. It is designed to meet the needs of modern working composers, who are often asked to write and deliver a LOT of music in a short amount of time.
It includes a wide array of acoustic-hybrid and electronic sounds, which can be played as instruments from your keyboard, or driven directly from the key-triggered FluidPhrase Engine. In concert with the Phrase Envelopes, 5-layered voice architecture, filter modulation and FX, Underscore is a juggernaut of rhythmic scoring.
- Fluidphrase Engine
- Adjustable length step sequencer – 1 to 32 steps.
- 5 play modes (Legato Return, Polyphonic, Poly-Retrigger, First Step Hold, and Chord Split).
- Adjustable count-base – locked to host tempo.
- Easy octave transpose (up to 3 octaves up or down).
- Adjustable swing timing.
- Per-step gate control.
- Fully polyphonic for detailed musical phrases.
- Up to 12 patterns available via instant key-switches.
- Real-time velocity modulation using Inc/Dec and Sculpt tools.
- Extensive key-switches for automated pattern editing.
- Layer Mixing
- 5-layer architecture.
- Round-Robin or Stacked.
- Layer X-Fader.
- Each layer includes: Independent envelopes for Volume, Pitch, LP2 Cut, LP4 Cut, and HP4 Cut, user-drawable velocity and cross-fade response curve, pitch adjustment, playback range limits, playback delay (up to 100ms), parameter randomization (volume, pan, pitch, sample start, start delay).
- Insert FX
- Layer-independent filters (LP2, LP4, HP4).
- Layer-independent 2-band Shape EQ.
- Distortion, Flanger, Chorus, Phaser, Compressor.
- Ping-pong Delay and Algorithmic Reverb.
- Convolution Processor.
- Master Filters (LP 4, HP4, Notch).
- Mod Matrix with more than 50 destinations.
- Bi-polar knobs for quick modulation inversion.
- 4 powerful Phrase Envelopes with 2 play modes.
- Per-layer velocity response.
- 4 assignable Flex Modulators (A-D).
The Underscore library for Kontakt costs $249 USD. Requires Kontakt 5.1+ full version.
More information: StudioWeapon
, Audio Damage
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 04, 2013 - 0 comments
Audio Damage has announced the release of Mangleverb, a new multi effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
What happens when you combine a thick reverb, a filter, an envelope follower, an LFO, and a VCA? We wanted to know. The results are surprisingly useful. Mangleverb can be used as a filter, reverb, transient shaper, rhythmic gate, LPF gate, tempo-synced VCA, and any combination thereof. It is, for all intents and purposes, a Swiss Army Knife, for both wild sonic destruction and more utilitarian production work.
Mangleverb is audio damage’s newest multi-effect plug-in for sonic troublemakers.
- Simple-to-use algorithmic reverb that can be either pre- or post-filter/VCA.
- A monster resonant filter model with lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes, and a drive circuit for gritty distortion.
- Sophisticated tempo-synced LFO with waveshaper to create all common (and some uncommon) modulation shapes.
- Envelope follower with internal, LFO, sidechain input, and MIDI trigger modes.
- Feedback path and modulated VCA for final signal taming.
Mangleverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Mangleverb