Porter & Davies has announced the launch of the KT Platform, a tactile monitor that enables musicians to feel and hear their playing internally, instead of relying on conventional audio methods.
Want to sound and feel like you have a huge amp stack behind you, but no one else needs to hear it? Porter & Davies, worldwide leaders in Tactile Monitoring, are proud to announce the launch of their revolutionary KT Platform, which uses the transmission of sound by Kinetic Transfer (KT) to enable musicians to feel and hear their playing internally, instead of relying on conventional audio methods.
Perfect for bass players, DJs, guitarists, stand-up keyboard players and percussionists, the KT Platform gives a full and faithful transfer of the sound and the weight of the sound through bone conduction. There is no time lag. It’s not just a low-end rumble: All notes are faithfully transmitted, including harmonics.
The KT Platform will give you that stage shaking excitement that other monitors (in-ears, in particular) don’t deliver. You can choose to monitor just your own instrument, or take a mix from the monitor board and lock into the groove in a way you’ve never felt before. It can be driven by any of the three Porter & Davies engines the Gigster, BC2 and BC2rm.
Jools Holland bassist Dave Swift commenting on the product said “The addition of my Porter & Davies KT Platform has enhanced my onstage playing experience beyond anything I could’ve imagined… It has become as crucial onstage as my bass itself! I won’t use in ear monitors without the addition of my KT Platform.”
Porter & Davies will be at the Winter NAMM show on Booth #3476 Hall D.
More information: Porter & Davies
MOTU has announced it is now shipping Monitor 8, a monitor mixer, headphone amp, and audio interface.
Monitor 8 is a 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amplifier and USB/AVB audio interface with console-style 48-channel mixing and DSP effects. With exceptional analog audio quality based on the award-winning design of MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A AVB interfaces, Monitor 8 can serve as a primary audio interface and monitor mixer in the studio, as a complete monitoring solution for live performance, or as a dedicated monitoring component of a MOTU AVB audio network system.
“Monitor 8 is a one-stop solution for high-quality stereo monitoring through speakers, headphones, and in-ear systems,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU. “With large console-style mixing and Wi-Fi control, Monitor 8 is equally well suited for both studio operation and live performance situations.”
Monitor 8 features
- Three products in one — 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amp and USB/AVB audio interface.
- Superb audio quality — Employs the same award-winning analog design as MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
- 24 inputs and 8 stereo bus outputs — Mix 24 physical inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and 32 AVB audio network channels to eight stereo bus outputs (Main, Aux, and monitor groups A thru F). Inputs include 8 channels of balanced (TRS) analog and 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical.
- Six monitor groups with flexible outputs — Each group provides multiple mirrored outputs, including 2x 1/4-inch phones (front and rear panel), summed 1/4-inch mono out for stage monitors, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo 1/4-inch outs.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to a computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the Monitor 8 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the Monitor 8’s powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live show monitor mixing.
- AudioDesk 4.0 — Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
Monitor 8 is available for purchase for $995 USD.
More information: MOTU / Monitor 8
Asius Technologies and 1964Ears have announced they are joining forces and launching a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the development of a revolutionary line of consumer earphones and professional in-ear monitors.
The new line, branded “1964|ADEL”, blends together best-in-class, custom- and universal-fit products from 1964Ears with Asius’ revolutionary patented Ambrose Diaphonic Ear Lens (ADEL™) technology (US Patents 8,340,310, 8,391,534 and 8,737,635B2), now coined “RealLoud,” the world’s first and only patented in-ear tech that safely delivers a louder, more spacious and richer sound while minimizing the risk of hearing damage.
At the center of the 1964|ADEL line of earphones and in-ear monitors is the revolutionary RealLoud technology — a secondary eardrum that absorbs the harmful pneumatic pressures of sound to provide a safer listening experience for users. Because of this, the human eardrum, which normally moves with an amplitude thousands of times greater than normal when “confined” by earbuds, now responds only to the music and not the harmful pressures caused by high-energy sound waves. With the incorporated RealLoud technology, all 1964|ADEL earphones and IEMs operate at 1/10th the amplified in-ear power levels of traditional listening devices (per studies conducted at Vanderbilt University Medical Center).
“We discovered that needless hearing damage results when sound pressure levels are inadvertently delivered to the eardrum at volumes that are ten times higher than they need to be,” said Stephen Ambrose, founder and chief scientist at Asius Technologies. “Because of industry confusions regarding the proper coupling of sound to the human ear, this problem is proliferated by the 125 million earbuds sold annually. RealLoud technology allows the ear to work the way nature intended by removing harmful in-ear pressures while enhancing loudness perception and fidelity.”
“Stephen Ambrose was the original inventor and pioneer of in-ear monitors beginning with his first prototype in 1964. The partnership between Asius and 1964Ears is a logical expansion for our company,” said Vitaliy Belonozhko, CEO and founder, 1964Ears. “Not only does RealLoud technology significantly enhance the fidelity and comfort of our products, it also addresses the 77 percent increase of hearing loss associated with the use of personal listening devices, which formal studies have show are the primary cause.”
The Kickstarter campaign has a funding goal of $200,000 USD.
More information: 1964 ADEL / 1964|ADEL Kickstarter campaign
PreSonus has announced the Temblor T8, an active subwoofer monitor speaker.
Designed for critical listening in the studio or at home, the PreSonus® Temblor® T8 active subwoofer complements any full-range monitoring system, making it ideal for personal studios, gaming, audiophiles, and home theaters.
Like its larger sibling the Temblor T10, the T8 naturally extends the low-frequency response of full-range speakers without overshadowing them. The Temblor T8 delivers punchy, musical lows and offers user controls not normally available in this price range, including a continuously variable lowpass filter (50 Hz to 130 Hz) for creating a seamless crossover transition and a switchable highpass filter that removes content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent to satellite speakers, allowing you the flexibility to optimize your system for your room and your needs.
While an ideal companion for the PreSonus Ceres™ Bluetooth monitors, the Temblor T8 has been designed to pair with any home or studio speaker, including those in PreSonus’ professional studio-monitor lines. The Temblor T8 features an 8-inch, down-firing, glass-composite woofer with high-density rubber surround driven by a Class AB amplifier that delivers 200W power. It also sports a round, front-firing acoustic port; left and right ¼-inch TRS and RCA main inputs; and left right ¼-inch TRS and RCA pass-through outputs to connect satellite speakers, making it the perfect hub for your sound system.
As with PreSonus Ceres speakers, the Energy Conservation mode meets the European ErP directive.
More information: PreSonus / Temblor T8
Numark has announced the N-Wave 360, a new two-speaker DJ monitor system.
Designed to offer the bedroom DJ impressive sound in a compact format, the N-Wave 360 system includes two matched speaker cabinets. Each cabinet contains a 1″ silk dome tweeter—with blue LED illumination—matched with a 3″ woofer via a precision crossover circuit.
The onboard amplification system can deliver up to 60 Watts of peak power. These magnetically shielded powered monitors are ideal for a compact setup; they won’t interfere with other electronics and offer extra protection when used near a video monitor.
N-Wave 360 features
- Precise audio amplification for home DJ Setups.
- Front panel volume control.
- Separate high-1-inch Silk illuminated and 3-inch low-frequency drivers with crossover.
- High-fidelity amplification with 60-watt peak power.
- Custom wooden cabinets with dense construction for full, warm sound.
- Carefully formed baffle radiuses reduce edge diffraction.
- RCA Audio Inputs.
- Magnetically Shielded.
- 80–20,000 Hz.
- Universal Voltage.
The N-Wave 360 will be available soon, priced at MSPR $99 USD.
More information: Numark / N-Wave 360
More posts that match this tag
ATC has announced the availability of SCM20ASL Pro V2 and SCM20PSL Pro, two new high-performance reference nearfield monitors. As implied by name, the active model replaces the previous-generation SCM20ASL Pro, while the passive model is … read more
Dynaudio Professional has released a new AIR Control application for PC, Mac and Windows-based tablets, allowing users to carry out advanced calibration and alignment of their AIR monitoring system. The software provides access to advanced … read more
Mackie has announced the all-new Creative Reference Multimedia Monitor Series, delivering the studio-quality design, sound and performance you expect from Mackie monitors in extremely desktop-friendly, compact designs that are amazingly affordable. The series includes two … read more
PreSonus has announced it is shipping the new Monitor Station V2, a major redesign of its popular desktop studio-monitor control center. Monitor Station V2 enables easy desktop management of multiple audio sources and up to … read more
Dynaudio Professional has introduced a new AIR Control application for Mac and PC, allowing users to carry out advanced calibration and alignment of their AIR monitoring system. The software provides access to advanced tools and … read more
Dynaudio Professional has introduced four new near-field monitors, mounting solutions and two new precision subwoofers at the Musikmesse / ProLight+Sound 2014 show in Frankfurt. The new near-field monitors include BM Compact mkIII, BM5 mkIII, BM6 … read more
PreSonus has announced it is shipping its new Temblor T10 subwoofer. Designed to complement full-range studio reference monitors-including the PreSonus Eris™ and Sceptre™-without overshadowing them, the T10 is intended for serious personal studios and professional … read more
ILIO has announced that Dynaudio Professional will provide five pairs of its BM15A studio monitors for demonstration at this year’s Winter NAMM show. The speakers will be seen and heard at the ILIO booth, Hall … read more
PreSonus has announced it is now shipping the ultra-compact Eris E4.5 studio reference monitor, the third model in the Eris series of two-way monitor speakers. As with the Eris E5 and E8, the E4.5 delivers … read more
Dynaudio Professional has announced the release of Choosing by Ear – Practical Loudspeaker and Monitor Systems Evaluation, a paper by Paul Mac, which provides a practical guide to monitor selection by ear. Choosing the right … read more
Ableton has announced that its upcoming version 9.1 of Live is now available as a public beta. This update will be free for all owners of Live 9, and provides several significant improvements for users … read more
KRK Systems has announced the ROKIT Generation 3 studio monitors. Available in five-inch, six-inch and eight-inch options, this new line of two-way active monitors features multiple innovative upgrades that elevate KRK’s already legendary performance. “This … read more
Solid State Logic has introduced the SSL Live, Bus Comp 500 Module and Sigma at the Musikmesse Prolight + Sound 2013. The SSL Live sports an “up close and personal” control surface. The ‘Live’ brings … read more
Outbound link: Solid State Logic
– Related: API
, audio interface
, compressor and limiter
, Solid State Logic
Posted in news
on Apr 12, 2013 - 0 comments
PreSonus announces the Sceptre-series CoActual studio reference monitors. Featuring an advanced coaxial design that works integrally with a 32-bit, 96 kHz, dual-core processor using Fulcrum Acoustic’s TQ™ Temporal Equalization technology, Sceptre CoActual monitors deliver clarity … read more
Alesis has announced the Elevate 3 and Elevate 5, two active bi-amplified monitor speakers offering solid sound in a compact design. Sold in pairs, these active monitors provide a smooth, rich sound in a space-saving … read more