Dark Side of the Tune has launched Sub Phatty Drums, a sound library featuring 43 one-hit samples recorded from Moog Music’s Sub Phatty synthesizer.
The Sub Phatty excels at thickness and warmth, and with the multi-drive and frequency modulation on hand, it takes the classic ladder sound into new territory.
This collection was recorded into a Universal Audio Apollo with Thunderbolt, dry, with no effects, leaving you the raw sound of the synth to compress and smash in your own way.
Sounds are provided in 44.1kHz,16 and 24 bit resolution to accommodate most modern samplers.
Careful thought went into not making this another 808/909 clone library. Don’t we already have enough of those?
The download is free of charge from SoundCloud.
More information: Dark Side of the Tune / Sub Phatty Drums
Soundcells has released version 4 of Analog Signature, a ReFill featuring five vintage beasts for the Reason Rack.
With version 4 of Analog Signature a new member is added to the family: the ROLAND Jupiter 6!
Moog Source, Korg MS20, the Waldorf Microwave 1, the Waldorf Pulse 1, and – from version 4 onwards – the Roland Jupiter 6 have been accurately sampled in such a way that their charming inaccuracies are still there in this perfect Reason environment in which Soundcells took their chance to add polyphony and velocity.
A good balance of retro 1970′ s and 80′ s analog / digital sounds with modern programming makes this ReFill versatile for current styles of music as well as retro …
Analog Signature v4 features
- 540 combinator patches.
- 276 NNXT patches containing the basic patches which were used to build the combinators.
- 1792 samples, 44 khz / 24bit.
- Samples coming from five classic synthesizer.
- 10 demo tracks in Reason format included.
The ReFill is available to purchase for 29.90 EUR.
More information: Soundcells / Analog Signature
Samplephonics has announced the release of Nevo Analogue Machines, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Our goal was to create something as close to the analogue sound as possible, and keep it simple, functional, and straight to the point. We wanted all sounds to be solid and ready to use. Put simply, we wanted it to sound HUGE!
And we think we’ve done it! We’re extremely proud of this hybrid synth and have found it an incredible experience to build, and to use. A big thanks to Yoad Nevo for his expert synth advise and programming, and to everyone else involved in the production of this, especially Phil from Samplephonics, whose attention to detail and scripting expertise has enabled this idea to become a reality.
Nevo Analogue Machines features
- Over 17,000 sampled analogue waveforms from a Mini Moog, JX10, SH-101, Oberheim M6R, Juno 106 and a Korg MS10.
- Over 1,000 presets.
- Multiple round robin layers.
- Analogue style sequencer, arpeggiator, chord generator, custom stereo and chorus effects, envelopes, LFO’s and more!
- Custom Kontakt 5 Interface, Logic Pro channel strip presets and a Reason Refil (available to download separately).
- All sounds are 100% royalty free and available to use instantly.
The sample library is available to purchase for £89 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics / Nevo Analogue Machines
Xhun Audio has released an update of its LittleOne synthesizer instrument for Windows.
LittleOne version 2.7 features an improved Host Syncing Engine and a totally re-written Oscillators Morphing Engine, among with some fixes on the GUI and DSP side.
Also the Big Steps Soundbank has been updated and optimized for a full compatibility with LittleOne 2.7.
Changes in LittleOne v2.7
- The Oscillators Morphing Engine has been totally re-written, with far better accuracy and CPU-saving also at fast/deep modulations.
- The syncing engine between the Step Sequencer and the Trancegate modules has been improved (now 100% time-accurate, sharing the same sync signals from the Host).
- The main Host connection for time syncing has been improved (used in the Step Sequencer, Trancegate and Delay modules), and the list of compatible Host for full timing accuracy has been extended.
- Partial re-design and improvements on the GUI side.
- Minor fixes on the DSP signal-path side.
- Big Steps soundbank has been optimized for LittleOne version 2.7.
- Further low-level, cross-platform code revisions.
LittleOne for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 45 EUR. The update is free of charge for all registered users.
More information: Xhun Audio / LittleOne
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013 - 0 comments
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger
Point Blank Online is offering its YouTube channel subscribers a chance to win a Moog Sub Phatty synthesizer.
Moog. It’s a classic name in the history of electronic music, having made some of the most iconic and popular equipment since 1953. From their early modular synth wardrobes to the more portable ‘Fooger range, Moog is a name that makes every electronic music-maker’s ears prick up. At Point Blank, it’s no different so we’re extremely excited to team up with the Asheville company to give you the chance to win their latest mono monster, the Sub Phatty. Plus, we’re throwing in a Pro Producer Course in a genre of your choice!
All you’ve got to do is subscribe to our YouTube channel for a chance to get your hands on “the grittiest Moog synth ever”! And if you’re already a subscriber, your loyalty will be rewarded and you’ll automatically be entered into the draw!
The competition ends at midnight on Monday Oct 7th, 2013.
More information: Point Blank
Related: Groove Criminals
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
, Sounds to Sample
Posted in news
on Oct 01, 2013 - 0 comments
The Groove Criminals has announced the release of Analogue Synth FX and Analogue Synth Percussion, two new sample packs.
The Groove Criminals are proud to release their new range of compact, low cost but high quality sample packs under the Groove Criminals Essentials banner. Designed to be an affordable way of building up a set of go-to sounds and samples for a wide range of music productions.
Groove Criminals Essentials packs
- Analogue Synth FX – A collection of 100% analogue synth FX all sourced from the Groove Criminals’ stash of analogue synths, both new and vintage. The 112 24-bit WAV samples include sweeps, drops, risers, one-off hits and just plain fat, bubbly analogue goodness to top off any track.
Synths used to make this pack include the Roland SH101, Moog Little Phatty, Waldorf Pulse, Artura Minibrute, Roland SH09, Yamaha CS5, the Korg Monotron series and Synare 3. Strictly analogue processing comes courtesy of the Electrix Filter Factory, Vermona filters and a fully stocked Moog Moogerfooger rig.
- Analogue Synth Percussion – A collection of percussive hits all created from an enviable stack of analogue drum synths. From deep booms and fat bleeps to sharp twangs and metallic tones, these 120 24- bit WAV hits will help to inject some analogue goodness alongside more traditional drum sounds.
The 100% analogue sound sources used to create this versatile sample pack include a Vermona DRM1 Mk3, JoMox Air Base 99, Synare 3, Amdek PCK-100 percussion synth, Artura Minibrute, Roland SH09 and Yamaha CS5.
The sample packs are available to purchase at Sounds To Sample for £5 GBP each.
More information: Sounds To Sample