Patchpool has launched Scattered Entity, a sound library for the MachFive instrument from MOTU.
Scattered Entity Vol. 1 is the first library in a series of releases for MachFive 3.
Over time an entire universe of sounds for this extremely versatile electronic instrument will be created, combining the beauty and natural expression of acoustic instruments with the unlimited possibilities of state-of-the-art sound design.
Scattered Entity features
- 4.38 GB of samples (wav/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit)
- 121 patches/instruments + 8 variations, combining all synthesis methods available in MachFive.
- Multisampled instruments, pure and and combined with electronics: Evolving pads, Vocal textures, Experimental and abstract textures, Cinematic and ominous soundscapes and drones, Complex sequencers, Processed field recordings, Orchestral sounds derived from orchestral recordings of my own music.
- Sampled Instruments: Celtic harp with 27 strings – multisampled with several velocity layers and round robin, harp glissandi, bisbigliando and more, Timpani, Waterphone, other string instruments (violin, piano, cello), Woodwinds (sax/duduk), Chromatic and achromatic percussion (Thai gongs, Tamtam, bowed and beaten vibraphone, tibetan singing bowls, Glockenspiel).
- 20 patches have custom scripting for extended sound manipulation features and a user interface, all non-scripted patches have the Modwheel and the 8 Macros assigned in the info tab, many also use Aftertouch.
The soundset is available to purchase for 79 EUR.
More information: Patchpool / Scattered Entity
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Oct 23, 2013
MOTU has released version 3.2 of MachFive, a sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
Within minutes after you begin using MachFive 3, you’ll appreciate the years of user interface design and engineering that have gone into this 3rd-generation release.
From the configurable part list to the full-screen envelope editor, MachFive 3 has been designed to spur your creative muse while delivering state-of-the-art virtual instrument technology in a streamlined, efficient environment. After all, music, sound design, and audio production are creative endeavors that deserve a worthy partner in creativity.
Changes in MachFive v3.2
- Updated UFS soundbank libraries.
- Pro Tools AAX plug-in support for Mac and Windows (for Pro Tools 11 and above).
- Eden-based iLok protection.
- New WahWah Filter effect in MachFive’s Filter category.
- Improved memory efficiency (now uses much less RAM).
- New Verify soundbank integrity feature.
- Improved support for CAF files.
- Start/Stop position markers are now available for IRCAM granular oscillator.
- Many additional enhancements.
MOTU has also released version 8.05 of its Digital Performer audio workstation software with MIDI sequencing.
Digital Performer 8.05 is now shipping and provides many improvements, optimizations, and refinements. This update is recommended for all DP8 users.
Details on what’s new in version 8.05 can be found here.
More information: MOTU
Hal Leonard has announced that it has published Digital Performer for Engineers and Producers, a new Quick Pro Guides series book.
Digital Performer for Engineers and Producers is designed to help people who already have some familiarity with Digital Performer – or any other DAW software – jump directly into some of the extremely important and powerful capabilities of this incredible software. Author and noted DP guru David E. Roberts has been directly involved with the development of this incredibly powerful and innovative DAW software since 1993; he is also responsible for artist/VIP support at MOTU and has been training new users for the past 20 years. Considering Roberts’ depth of understanding and insightful experience, this Quick Pro Guide offers a uniquely succinct path to understanding and eventually mastering Digital Performer.
Digital Performer for Engineers and Producers focuses specifically on music production, mixing, film scoring, and live performance. This important resource helps the reader get right down to the essential tasks, providing insight, tips, and tricks that help the creative mind link existing knowledge to the important activities most commonly implemented by DAW users at every level.
The accompanying DVD-ROM provides extremely powerful and supportive video tutorials featuring Magic Dave Roberts doing what he does best: revealing the insider tips and tricks that have kept Digital Performer at the forefront of DAW technology since its inception.
The book is available to purchase for $16.99 USD.
More information: Hal Leonard / Digital Performer
Simon Stockhausen of Patchpool has announced Scattered Entity Vol. 1, the first in a series of libraries for MOTU’s MachFive 3.
Over time a universe of sounds for this extremely versatile electronic instrument will be created, combining the beauty and natural expression of acoustic instruments with the miracles of electronic sound design.
Scattered Entity Vol. 1 features
- ~3 GB of original samples (wav/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit).
- 100+ patches/instruments combining all synthesis methods available in MachFive
- Multisampled instruments, pure and twisted.
- Orchestral sounds derived from orchestral recordings of my own music.
- Evolving pads.
- Vocal texures.
- Experimental textures.
- Cinematic and ominous soundscapes.
- Complex sequencers.
- Processed field recordings.
- Sampled Instruments:
- Celtic harp with 27 strings – multisampled with several velocity layers and round robin, harp glissandi, prepared harp samples.
- Bowed strings.
- Chromatic and achromatic percussion (Thai gongs, Tamtam, bowed vibraphone, Djembe and more).
- All patches will have the 8 Macros assigned in the info tab, quite a few patches will also have custom scripting for extended sound manipulation features and a nice front end.
The sound library is scheduled for release in early November, 2013. It is available to pre-order for 52 EUR (20% off regular 65 EUR).
More information: Patchpool / Scattered Entity Vol. 1
MOTU has announced that its new 8Pre USB 16 x 12 USB audio interface with 8 mic inputs is now shipping.
Turn your computer into a powerful digital audio workstation with eight mic inputs. Or add eight high-quality mic/instrument inputs to your current system.
The 8pre audio interface delivers everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit, 96kHz digital audio workstation. The 8pre provides eight microphone/instrument preamps with pristine 96kHz analog recording and playback, combined with 8 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O. Expand your system by connecting additional 8pres or other MOTU audio interfaces.
8Pre USB features
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 audio interface for Mac and Windows — provides 16 inputs with 8 mic preamps and 12 outputs including separate phone and main outs for all the basic I/O you need for a powerful desktop studio.
- Eight XLR/TRS “combo jack” mic inputs — connect up to eight mics, or mix and match mics with guitars, synths, drum machines and other analog input signals.
- Flexible analog inputs — each provides a crystal-clear preamp (for both the XLR and TRS input), 24-bit 96 kHz converters, individually switchable 48-volt phantom power, 20 dB pad and front-panel trim controls. Mix and match condenser and dynamic microphones as your needs require.
- Eight channels of ADAT optical I/O — provides two sets of optical connectors to provide eight channels of optical digital I/O even at high samples rates (88.2 or 96 kHz).
- Operates as an optical expander — connect the 8pre to any ADAT optical compatible device (another audio interface, a digital mixer, etc.) to add 8 additional mic inputs seamlessly integrated into the mixing environment of the host device.
- Discrete ins/outs — there’s no channel sharing in the 8pre; the mic inputs, ADAT optical I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels.
- CueMix DSP™ near-zero monitoring system.
- Multiple CueMix DSP mixes — create up to eight different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency.
- Front-panel metering — five-segment meters for all analog inputs, plus status lights for clock and interface/expander mode.
- Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable — add additional MOTU 8pre, UltraLite, 828, 828, 896, or Traveler interfaces for additional I/O. Or connect the 8pre optically to any audio interface or mixer that supports ADAT optical I/O.
- Separate TRS main outs and front-panel headphone jack, each with independent volume control.
- SMPTE time code sync via any analog input.
- SMPTE time code generation to any analog output.
- Includes native 32- and 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X (10.6 or higher) and Windows (8/7/Vista), including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today’s popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via USB.
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 19 × 7 × 1.75 inches (48.26 × 17.78 × 4.45 cm). Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels, adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.
The 8Pre USB is now available to purchase for $549 USD.
More information: MOTU / 8Pre USB