MOTU has announced 1248, 8M and 16A, three new high-end Thunderbolt audio interfaces.
The culmination of years of R&D, each interface delivers a wide range of analog and digital I/O, A/D/A conversion with exceptionally high dynamic range, 48-channel mixing and DSP effects processing, universal connectivity to your computer, and audio networking for system expansion.
Flexible, powerful audio I/O
Start with the flagship 1248, or mix and match any combination of the three I/O’s to suit your specific needs. Add a 2nd interface with a simple Ethernet cable. Add the five-port MOTU AVB Switch to build an expanded system of 3 to 5 interfaces with AVB audio networking (or 6+ with additional switches). Regardless of which interfaces you choose, they all share features that are easy to use and shared among all three products.
1248, 8M and 16A features
- Superb audio quality — For example, all balanced TRS analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to your computer with Thunderbolt or high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0). Class-compliant firmware and Industry standard drivers work with any audio software.
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- 32-bit floating point processing — The DSP engine for mixing and effects delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
- Modeled vintage effects processing — Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- System expansion and audio networking — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e Ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Matrix routing and splitting — Flexible, matrix-style audio routing and splitting for any analog or digital input, computer channel or network stream to any other output, computer, or network device. Split any single input to unlimited multiple output destinations.
- 256 channels of network audio I/O for your host computer — Record and monitor up to 128 networked audio channels in and out, simultaneously, through the Thunderbolt connection to a host computer.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 1248, 8M or 16A with a standard Ethernet cable and control the powerful on-board mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.
- ADAT digital I/O — Connect outboard digital processors, digital mixers or other gear. 16 channels at 44.1/48 kHz or 8 channels at 88.2/96 kHz.
- Comprehensive metering — The large backlit 324 x 24 LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.
Pricing and availability TBA.
More information: MOTU
More posts that match this tag
MOTU has announced its 828x professional 28×30 audio interface with Thunderbolt technology is now shipping. Only the 828x gives you an award-winning combination of comprehensive features, inspired engineering, rock-solid performance, and connectivity to any Mac … read more
Gospel Musicians has announced the launch of FM TiNES, a dedicated electric piano library that focuses on the 80’s sound. FM TiNES is a sample and synth library containing over 20GB of the prettiest and … read more
Patchpool has launched Scattered Entity, a sound library for the MachFive instrument from MOTU. Scattered Entity Vol. 1 is the first library in a series of releases for MachFive 3. Over time an entire universe … read more
MOTU has released version 3.2 of MachFive, a sampler instrument for Windows and Mac. Within minutes after you begin using MachFive 3, you’ll appreciate the years of user interface design and engineering that have gone … read more
Outbound link: MOTU
– Related: AAX
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Oct 23, 2013 - 0 comments
Hal Leonard has announced that it has published Digital Performer for Engineers and Producers, a new Quick Pro Guides series book. Digital Performer for Engineers and Producers is designed to help people who already have … read more
Simon Stockhausen of Patchpool has announced Scattered Entity Vol. 1, the first in a series of libraries for MOTU’s MachFive 3. Over time a universe of sounds for this extremely versatile electronic instrument will be … read more
MOTU has announced that its new 8Pre USB 16 x 12 USB audio interface with 8 mic inputs is now shipping. Turn your computer into a powerful digital audio workstation with eight mic inputs. Or … read more
Acousticsamples has announced the release of the Clavi D9, a sound library based on the well-known clavinet D6 by Hohner. It is probably one of the most “funky” instruments ever invented, despite the fact that … read more
MOTU has announced that the Windows version of its Digital Performer 8 digital audio workstation software is now shipping. If you don’t own DP8 yet and would like to try it, simply download the Mac … read more
Acousticsamples has released GD-6, an acoustic guitar sample library for the UVI Workstation, based on the Guild D-40 custom edition electro-acoustic guitar. We recorded it with a pair of microphones and using the build in … read more
VI Labs has announced True Cowbells, a free sound library featuring the sounds of three cowbells. What do you do after you create one of the most comprehensive and well received virtual piano plug-ins on … read more
AskVideo has released Maschine Virtuosity, Diva Demystified & MachFive 3 Unleashed, three new video courses. Maschine Virtuosity – Watching Jeremy Ellis demonstrate his legendary finger drumming techniques on Native Instruments’ amazing Maschine is like throwing … read more
Acousticsamples has introduced the Petit Piano 50 keys children’s piano sound library for UVI Workstation and MachFive. This piano is manufactured by a french piano manufacturer called “Klein” and this is the only “Childrens” piano … read more
Hal Leonard Books has announced it is shipping The Power In Digital Performer, a guide to help those who are new to Digital Performer get up to speed quickly. Author David E. Roberts has been … read more
Gospel Musicians has announced the release of the Pure Sine Synthesizer sound library for UVI Player Workstation and MachFive 3. Capitalizing on UVI/MachFive’s built in wavetable and analog synthesis, Pure Sine focuses on bringing pure … read more
MOTU has announced it is now shipping Digital Performer 8, a major upgrade to their flagship audio workstation software. 17 new plug-ins Version 8 ships with 17 new plug-ins, including two new classic guitar amp … read more
MOTU has released a driver update for all MOTU audio interfaces that enables wireless control of their on-board CueMix mixing features using an iPad. Now available as a free download, the latest CueMix FX software … read more
UVI has released The Beast, a UVI instrument inspired by THE machine of luxury born in 1975 for the musical elite. Using electronics developed for NASA, this revolutionary instrument was unprecedented for its time. Its … read more
UVI has announced the release of Emulation One, the prequel to the Emulation II, featuring the unbridled sonic imprint of this ‘nearly affordable and compact’ sampler from 1981. Used by greats such as Vangelis, Herbie … read more