Juno Download has launched the Back to the Catalog Sale, offering 20% off downloads for a limited time.
Enter BACKCAT at checkout. Offer ends 19th October.
Until Wednesday 19th October we’re discounting all back catalogue at Juno Download by 20%!
Any MP3 or WAVs that went on sale before July 1st 2011 will qualify for the discount.
Buy as many tracks as you want, just remember to enter “BACKCAT” at checkout.
More information: Juno Download
Trackitdown.net, the first dedicated dance music download store to launch in Europe, celebrates 7 years in the business by launching TID Pro, a game-changing new membership service set to benefit consumers and record labels alike.
With an emphasis on value for money without harming the music makers, TID Pro is a new way for dance music fans to buy more music at a substantial discount enabling them to buy more of the music they love.
An innovative hybrid of club membership and subscription, “Pros“ pay £10 a month allowing them to buy all their music at cost price. That means that full quality WAV files are reduced from £1.75 to £0.99 and 320 kbps MP3s are down from £1.49 to £0.79
TID founder Ed Real said “Customers know the frustration of deleting tracks at the checkout because they’ve simply gone over budget. TID Pro means their money now goes much further. It’s great for artists as they sell more and our unique model means labels don’t take a knock either. All labels will receive the same return as the full priced tracks so they can continue to reinvest in new artists and new music. We feel this is a groundbreaking development for the music industry which has traditionally associated discounting and subscription with loss in revenue.”
To put it into perspective, a customer who currently spends £12.50 a week on downloads could save enough money to buy 17 more tracks a month with TID Pro. With Trackitdown.net adding over 10,000 new titles each week across all electronic genres, there’s no shortage of music recommended each week for TID Pro members to discover and enjoy.
Revolutionising the way dance music is bought and consumed with its exciting new more music service, TID Pro, sees Trackitdown.net continue to outstrip its rivals and fight piracy by offering the best music to download in the most appealing way.
More information: Trackitdown
Sonnox has announced the release of the Fraunhofer Pro-Codec, a plug-in designed for the real-time auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio signals using Fraunhofer codecs.
In the past it has not been possible to critically audition and then encode multiple formats in real time within a host DAW environment. The revolutionary Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec now makes this possible, and includes extensive monitoring tools and built-in encoding/decoding features.
Using this plug-in mix engineers may produce mixes optimised towards specific target codecs, thereby ensuring maximum fidelity. Similarly, Mastering engineers may audition in the final format and produce compensated masters for final encoding and distribution.
Fraunhofer Pro-Codec features
- Supported Codecs:
- mp3, mp3 Surround, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, and HE-AAC v2.
- mp3-HD and HD-AAC (Lossless Codecs).
- Ability to select up to five codecs for simultaneous export, in real time, to encoded files.
- Comprehensive auditioning with glitchless switching.
- Ability to audition the difference between input signal and codec output.
- AB auditioning in real time between codecs, or between codec and input signal.
- ABX mode for blind statistical testing.
- Graphical displays include:
- High resolution display of the Input signal and Diff signal.
- Indication of the audibility of audio removed by the encoding process.
- Bitstream levels and ability to compensate for overloads.
- Indication of filesize or datastream compression.
- Phase metering.
- Off-line encoding and decoding.
- Compatible with many digital audio workstation applications, such as:
- Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sequoia and Wavelab. (Mac and PC).
The Fraunhofer Pro-Codec for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for £295 GBP / $495 USD.
More information: Sonnox Ofxord / Fraunhofer Pro-Codec
DDMF has released Chorddetector, an mp3/wav-player with an integrated chord detection algorithm.
It’s extremely simple to use: just load the song whose chords you’re interested in, press play and see the displayed chords in realtime, so that you can play along with your instrument.
Very useful for covering songs, which, as we all know, is the basis of virtually all successful band careers!
Chorddetector for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $15 USD. A demo version is ready for download as well.
More information: DDMF / Chorddetector
Steinberg has released version 6.0.2 of its Cubase music recording and production software.
The 6.0.2 update contains all improvements of the previously published 6.0.1 pre-release and adds full MP3 support to the Mac OS X 64-bit version. In addition, several minor issues have been fixed, including improved stability when using AudioWarp with élastique Pro algorithms and using ReWire applications with sample rates other than 44.1 kHz. For detailed information, please see the version history.
All users of Cubase 6 and Cubase Artist 6 are recommended to update to version 6.0.2, which can be applied to all valid 6.0 and 6.0.1 installations. The 6.0.2 update can be downloaded free of charge from the Steinberg website.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase
Audiofile Engineering has announced the release of Fidelia, a new desktop audio player which delivers hi-res playback and a clutter-free interface.
Mac users with a passion for music and an appreciation for high-quality audio have an extraordinary new way to savor the sounds they love.
Audiofile Engineering has launched Fidelia, a premium desktop music player created exclusively for Mac OS X and designed to offer rich high-fidelity playback for music lovers of any taste or technical background. With support for numerous high-resolution file formats and an attractive, intuitive interface that honors the classic stereo amplifiers of decades past, Fidelia lets discerning listeners optimize and enjoy their music with maximum control and no proprietary clutter.
Priced at US$19.99, it’s also a remarkably accessible software alternative that integrates seamlessly with users’ existing iTunes libraries.
- Elegant design
- Sleek Intuitive controls that contemporary Mac users demand
- Classically styled volume dial buffered by single-click Mute and Dim functions
- Individual track details, stereo levels and audio waveforms displayed in crisp, eye pleasing fashion with no superfluous trimmings
- Powered by iZotope
- iZotope’s industry-best sample rate conversion to achieve optimum sonic fidelity.
- Discerning listeners can select real-time audio dithering via iZotope’s MBIT+ª technology.
- Maximum formats
- Supports AIFF, WAV, CAF, MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, Ogg Vorbis, or FLAC formats
- Supports sample rates up to 192kHz and bit depths up to 32 bit floating point
- Audio Units and VST support
- Customize with up to three effects
- Access your iTunes library
- Reformat and reorganize files from iTunes library
- Fidelia library
- Beautiful Fidelia remote available in the iOS App Store
Fidelia for Mac OS X 10.5 or higher is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Audiofile Engineering / Fidelia