Related: Akai Professional
Posted in news
on Nov 21, 2013
Numark has announced the availability of the NS7 II, a dramatically enhanced and updated version of the industry’s most advanced and best-selling 4-channel motorised DJ controller/mixer.
Numark has set a breathtaking pace for digital DJ’ing for more than 20 years, empowering DJs with cutting-edge technology to continually advance the art form to hitherto unparalleled heady heights. In 2007, Numark and Serato® unleashed the original NS7, a clever controller/mixer combo that brought a level of performance with digital media that had never before been achieved, accurately reproducing the look and feel of vinyl, beautifully blurring the boundaries between different DJ’ing eras so successfully that it made them almost indistinguishable. Since then, the powerful practice proffered by the NS7 has defined top-tier DJ performance, perfectly setting the bar by which all other controllers can be justifiably judged. Until now, that is!
Now Numark is pushing contemporary DJ performance capabilities even further forward with its all-new NS7 II, incorporating iconic technology from Akai Professional, music production technology trendsetter and creator of the MPC legendary lineup. The NS7 II’s 16 MPC® pads can be instantly assigned to control five dynamic performance features in Serato DJ — namely, CUES, AUTO/ROLL, LOOP, SAMPLER, and SLICER. Moreover, each pad features RGB illumination, allowing for an almost endless amount of colour variations via MIDI. Vinyl platter control has never felt more familiar courtesy of its high- and low-torque motorised platters with real slip mats and real vinyl sitting on 3,600 ticks of resolution!
NS7 II features
- 7-inch motorized turntables with ultra-high-resolution MIDI (3600 ticks per rotation).
- 4-channel mixer and 24-bit audio interface built in.
- 16 multi-color MPC® pads from Akai Professional.
- Capacitive touch-sensitive filter, EQ, and effects knobs.
- Genuine vinyl discs and real felt slipmats for unmatched tactile control.
- The most intuitive and seamless control for Serato DJ available.
- Connect and mix CD players, turntables, MP3 players, or any other external source.
- Mixer can operate standalone, with or without your computer.
- High- and low-torque turntable settings.
- Comprehensive Loop, Sample, Slicer, and Hot Cue controls.
- Strip Search™ virtual needle-drop technology.
- Serato DJ software included.
- Curve-adjustable CP-Pro crossfader.
- Dedicated iZotope® effects controls.
- Rugged all-metal construction.
The NS7 II costs 1,199 EUR / $1,499.95 USD / £999 GBP.
More information: Numark / NS7 II
Elektron has announced MPC Memories, a new sound pack for the Octatrack 8 track dynamic performance sampler.
The MPC Memories Sound pack pays a tribute to the MPC60, the beat making machine that forever changed the course of musical history.
Goldbaby has put this gem of an instrument to work and has used it to sample hundreds of vinyl hits, drum machine one shots, and FX sounds. From now on, the Octatrack can’t stop, won’t stop.
PC Memories features
- 79 MB content, 24 bit/44.1 kHz WAV samples.
- Includes 1 set, 1 project, 16 patterns, 4 parts, 16 scenes per part.
- In detail: 15 drum machine kicks, 13 drum machine snares, 5 drum machine claps, 18 drum machine toms, 10 drum machine hihats, 8 drum machine cymbals, 20 drum machine percussion, 27 vinyl kicks, 30 vinyl snares, 7 vinyl claps, 12 vinyl toms, 22 vinyl hi-hats, 12 vinyl cymbals, 28 vinyl percussion, 100 FX and melodic samples, 23 melodic vinyl samples.
MPC Memories is available to purchase in the Elektron Online Shop, priced at 30 EUR.
More information: Elektron / MPC Memories
Akai Professional has announced MPC Element, a new MPC unit which combines with the all-new MPC Essentials software at a groundbreaking price to make the iconic MPC music-making experience available to everyone.
Adding to their industry-leading MPC line, which includes the flagship MPC Renaissance and slimline MPC Studio controllers, Akai Professional has now introduced MPC Element along with its new software platform, MPC Essentials. With dimensions similar to popular tablet computers, MPC Element is Akai Professional’s most portable MPC yet, and it’s also the most affordable with a price of just $149.99 USD.
“This is professional music-making capability for everyone,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager, Akai Professional (@Akai_Pro).
An MPC for Everyone
MPC Element includes classic MPC Note Repeat, Swing, Full Level, 16 Level, and Tap Tempo technologies and, like MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio, MPC Element’s pads are multicolor as well as pressure- and velocity-sensitive. “It’s versatile. We’ve designed MPC Element to be as powerful as you need it to be. You can easily load your own samples, quickly make beats, or dive deep into the included sound library and get down into the details,” said Gill.
The MPC Element will be available to purchase in October 2013, priced at $149.99 USD.
More information: Akai Professional / MPC Element
, drum machine
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 06, 2013
Tonebuilder has announced that the Driven Machine Drums Strikes Back + M.D. Bundle – featuring 4,805 designer drum samples for electronic music, is almost sold out.
Only 25 licenses remain, then DMD Strikes Back is being pulled…
I get emails all the time from people wanting the first collection that sold out, and I have to politely say “sorry”. If you were on the fence, now is the time.
DMDSB + DMDMD Bundle features
- 4,805 Samples
- Driven Machine Drums Strikes Back: 2,072 Samples subdivided into 7 percussion types.
- Driven Machine Drums M.D. Collection: 2,184 Samples subdivided into 4 machine types.
- BONUS: FR-909 (Hi-Res) featuring 549 TR-909 Samples.
- Formats: 24-Bit/96kHz WAV, 24-Bit/96kHz AIF, 24-Bit/44.1kHz WAV (Optimized for Elektron Octatrack), 16-Bit/44.1kHz WAV (MPCs and Classic Sampler format).
- 41 NI Maschine Kits, 41 Ableton Drum Racks, 41 FXPansion Geist and Guru Kits.
- Deluxe only: 175 Kontakt Mappings (by instrument/texture), 175 EXS-24 Mappings (by instrument/texture).
The bundle is available to purchase for $97 (Standard) / $107 USD (Deluxe).
More information: Tonebuilder
MPC-Samples has announced the release of MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio: Sampling Laid Bare, the first in a series of tutorial books from MPC-Tutor created for the new generation of Akai MPCs – the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio.
Written for the latest MPC Software 1.4, ‘Sampling Laid Bare’ focuses entirely on teaching practical and creative sound design, sample editing and program construction within the MPC, providing 270 pages of in-depth, hands-on tutorials on a range of sample-based MPC workflow topics including:
- Comprehensive coverage of all chopping features, with a speed chopping workflow guide.
- Practical uses of all program parameters with including the all new envelopes in MPC Software 1.4.
- Sample recording and resampling.
- Creative sample editing and sound design techniques.
- Advanced drum layering examples.
- Looping breaks and instrument samples.
- Building velocity sensitive finger drumming kits from drum multisamples .
- Creating realistic instrument emulations using both DRUM and Keygroup programs.
- Using insert effects as sound design tools.
Plus many tips, tricks, tweaks and essential shortcuts to help streamline your day-to-day workflow. Each tutorial takes a hands-on, step-by-step approach with clear screenshots (from both the LCD and the computer environment) and all the MPC project files you need to recreate every tutorial within your MPC as you read along.
With its intuitive structure and jargon-free approach, this book is ideal for complete newcomers to the MPC world; and if you’re a legacy MPC owner looking to make the transition to the computer/controller environment, it contains all the information you need to quickly and effortlessly adapt your existing workflow.
‘MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio: Sampling Laid Bare’ is available to purchase as an electronic book in PDF format, priced at $24.99 USD.
More information: MPC-Samples / Sampling Laid Bare