Arctican Audio has announced the Mid-Sider, a freeware mid-side decoding plug-in.
‘The Mid-Sider’ is a plugin for decoding mid-side type stereo recordings. If you don’t know what that is, go Google it and find out more. Simply drop this over a stereo bus with your mid and side channels.
By default, the plugin presumes you have your mid channel panned fully left, your side channel panned fully right, and you had the side microphone’s front (or positive) side facing left during recording.
The Mid-Sider is currently available for Windows (32/64-bit VST), Mac OS X VST/AU is coming soon.
More information: Arctican Audio / Mid-Sider
Variety Of Sound has announced the release of Rescue MK2, a freeware analog style modelled signal designer for Windows.
Rescue MK2 is the major overhaul of the analog style modelled signal designer already introduced back in 2007. It is a sophisticated mid/side based transient processing device which not only allows detailed ’3D’ imaging control but also fancy transient compression and distortion with dynamics that remains vibrant and alive.
Rescue MK2 offers transient handling ‘smooth like cake’, stateful saturation and an authentic analog signal path emulation 2.0.
Changes in Rescue MK2
- Some internal routing changes are streamlining the workflow per channel.
- Based on true stateful signal saturation algorithms, it provides way smoother transient management and distortion.
- Better support for different gain-staging levels is introduced.
- The analog style signal path emulation is a complete rework.
- The manual is completely rewritten.
Rescue MK2 is a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Variety Of Sound
Synthblitz Audio has announced Spazial, a mid side decoder effect plug-in for Windows.
Spazial is designed to create wide stereo effects. It is able to encode and divide the incoming stereo signal into M/S signals and decode M/S signals into a stereo signal.
“Spazial” uses different ways to processing the incoming signal. There are 5 modes of using it : “internal”, “send mid”, “send side”, “spazial” and “decoder mode”.
“Spazial” allows the processing of the signals encoded by five potentiometers on the panel or sends the encoded pure signals directly to the output via the functions “enc mid” and “enc-side”. In the panel also has a very useful high-pass filter and a very special vibrato control.
Spazial is a free/donationware plug-in for Windows (VST).
More information: Synthblitz Audio / Spazial
SKnote has announced the release of its Stagespace reverb and ThreeD mono to stereo effect plugins for Windows and Mac.
Stagespace—Clean, deep, wide. Simple and powerful.
Stagespace is a versatile algorithmic reverb.
- From small rooms to large lush halls.
- Non linear behaviour, multi-mode stereo, modulation.
- Dual stereo, mono to stereo.
ThreeD is a versatile mono to stereo widener and stereo enhancement effect.
- Several algorithms. Based on phase, panning, time.
- Mono to stereo, stereo to stereo, stereo management (mid/side).
- Add stereo content to mono sources, where mid/side cannot work.
- Add stereo width without adding reverb.
- Manage the stereo field in a mix.
Both plugins are available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at $19.99 USD each.
More information: SKnote
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 17, 2012 - 0 comments
Voxengo has announced updates for a number of its free effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
These updated plug-ins are now available in native 64-bit AudioUnit and VST formats on Mac OS X. Note that on Mac computers, these plug-ins now support Mac OS X v10.5 and higher only, running on Intel processors. Mac PowerPC support is not available.
These updated versions include a fix to the previously available graphics display issue on Mac OS X 10.8.
Voxengo’s Marvel GEQ free graphic equalizer plugin for Windows and Mac.
Updated Voxengo plug-ins
- Voxengo Marvel GEQ linear-phase 16-band graphic equalizer with multi-channel operation support (supporting up to 8 input/output channels, audio host application-dependent). Marvel GEQ offers extensive internal channel routing capabilities, and supports mid/side channel processing.
- Voxengo Overtone GEQ 7-band harmonic (overtone) graphic equalizer with multi-channel operation support (supporting up to 8 input/output channels, host setup-dependent). Overtone GEQ offers extensive internal channel routing capabilities, and supports mid/side channel processing.
- Voxengo Stereo Touch implements a classic technique of transforming a monophonic track into spacious stereophonic track by means of mid/side coding technique.
- Voxengo Tube Amp applies asymmetric tube triode overdrive usually found in single-tube microphone pre-amp boxes. The sound this plug-in produces varies from a mild “warm” overdrive to a fuzzy distortion.
The updated plug-ins are available to download now.
More information: Voxengo / Free plug-ins
Terry West has updated the CS-12M Master Channel Strip VST effect plugin for Windows to version 1.69.
This version is a complete overhaul of previous versions. You can now choose between Serial or the new Parallel EQ filter flow (see manual for details).
The Tape saturation has a independed m/s editing now, Normal, Mid or Side mode. When use only the side can be helpfull to widing the stereo image.
Terry West’s CS-12M Master Channel Strip mastering processor effect for Windows.
CS-12M Master Channel Strip features
- New Gui design.
- Eq bypass.
- In-output gain.
- 12 graphic bands.
- 4-bands quick eq.
- 17 q-wide settings.
- Eq Mix (dry~wet).
- Punch & Body modes.
- NY comp. (soft/hard) + Motown eq + Solo.
- Magnetic tape saturator.
- 40K Aero enhancer.
- DeCard function.
- Side low stabilisator.
- Output Limiter + Peak/RMS + Link option.
- 12 bands Spectrum Analyser.
- Lopass/hipass filters.
- Monoize function.
- Clarity function (2 presets).
- EQ 12-10-8-6 dB switch.
- Invert output switch.
- Led in/output meters with peak leds.
- Peak indicators for bands.
- Input headroom leds (green/red).
- Digital clock.
- 22 presets.
Terry has also released version 1.1 of Sesam, a studio vocal gate effect. Download it here.
More information: Terry West
, DMG Audio
, effect plugins
, multi fx
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on Jun 22, 2012 - 0 comments
DMGAudio has updated its PitchFunk effect plug-in to version 1.02.
Science has officially gone too far. DMGAudio PitchFunk is an audio manipulating colossus that puts into your hands a laboratory-full of sound crunching effects.
Don’t let the crafted UI fool you, PitchFunk makes the filthiest noises you’ve never heard.
Changes in PitchFunk v1.02
- Improve CPU usage.
- Reduce latency.
- Free-run modes for LFOs.
- Retriggering of LFOs.
- Unipolar/Bipolar LFO modes.
- Dual mode, allows processing two Stereo-mode instances in one.
- Splice Scaling control for Asynch modes.
- Edit Both functionality, to edit both channels in synch.
- More presets.
- MIDI Enable/Disable button.
- Fix denormal bug with LFOs.
- Improve switching between Synch and Asynch modes.
- Improve handling of unusual time-signatures.
- Add “resynch shifters” feature on re-selecting shift-mode.
- Disabling a lock leaves control set to its value while locked.
- Phase invert for Dual mode, allows phase-inverting for the second instance wet signal.
- Improve scanning for LFOs – displays scan along (phase-shifted) blue image.
PitchFunk for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for £74.99 GBP.
More information: DMG Audio / PitchFunk