, MSXII Sound Design
, Noble & Cooley
, Pork Pie
, samples and sound libraries
, The Drum Sample Broker
Posted in news
on Apr 17, 2014 - 0 comments
MSXII Sound Design has released Snares & Hats, a new combo kit sample library.
This kit represents everything you love in quality production; dirty hats and crunchy snares. Make no qualms about it, this kit will partner well with your current MSXII library.
Multiple loop ideas have been included to spark immediate inspiration and ideas. We’ve used some of the most dirty hats we can find (16″ Vintage Zildjian Hats) to get a great sound.
Recorded through studio grade preamps and processed carefully, The Snares and Hats Combo Kit will sit nicely in both your mix and arsenal.
Snares & Hats features
- 60 drum loops of live snares + hi-hats in 16bit .wav format.
- Vintage saturation/coloring via products by API.
- Hi Hats used include: Zildjian 12″ Special Recording Hats, Zildjian 16″ Vintage Hats (40/50s), Dream 14″ Re-FX Jingle .
- Snare Drums used include: Pork Pie Percussion 6×14 Clear Acrylic Pig Lite, Pork Pie Percussion 7×13 Brass Patina, Pork, Pie Percussion 5×13 Maple, Pork Pie Percussion 6×10 Maple Soprano, Ludwig 5×14 Acrolite Black Galaxy, Noble & Cooley 4.75×14 Aluminum Alloy Classic, Pearl 3×13 Brass Piccolo, Pearl 8×14 Vinnie Paul Signature (Maple), Tama 5.5×14 Starclassic Birch, Custom SoCal 5.5×14 Maple (Built by Matt Slack).
- Additional chopped one-shot hits provided as bonus.
The pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Snares & Hats Combo Kit
The Drum Broker has launched the All Kit Bundle, a collection of all sample packs by MSXII Sound Design.
Everything from the fine folks at MSXII Sound Design!
- Every kit from MSXII…all rolled in one.
- Bonus, unreleased sounds.
- Over 25% savings on bundle vs. buying each kit individually.
- Royalty-free original compositions.
- Content includes The Unkempt Breaks, Rhodes and Vibes, Bars, Keys, & Anomalies, The Synth Immaculate 1 & 2, The Joe Deertay, and The Sammich Kit, and The Mutha-Plucka.
The bundle is available from the Drum Broker for $149.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / All Kit Bundle
MSXII Sound Design has launched the Beatbox Kit, a sample pack featuring a collection of live “beat-boxed” breaks.
This kit is designed for the tweaker. The Beatbox Kit is tailored for the producer who loves to cut, slice, truncate, split, reverse, sample, boost, compress, flip, and destroy a break into something brand new and creative.
Recorded with a Neumann Microphone through studio-grade converters, the kit has been ever-so-slightly colored and saturated to sit pretty in the mix. When combined with your own drum sounds [see The Sammich Kit], the possibilities are endless! Creativity sold separately.
Beatbox Kit features
- 40 unique “Beat-Boxed” breaks in 16bit .wav file format.
- Completely different breaks at tempos of 85bpm, 92bpm, 135bpm, and 141bpm.
- Bonus additional hits used in MSXII Beatbox Kit medley.
- Slightly colored and saturated for optimal mixing.
- Recorded on Neuman TLM 102 Microphone.
The Beatbox Kit is available from the Drum Broker for $19.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Beatbox Kit
The Drum Broker has launched The Synth Immaculate 2, a sample pack by MSXII Sound Design featuring the sounds of vintage synthesizers.
True to it’s roots, The Synth Immaculate 2 boast an incredible canvas of analog + (digital bonus) goodness! If you’ve wondered why your software just can’t get you that grit from synths, it’s because it’s not the real thing. All pros no why there simply is no replacement for the vintage analog pieces of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
We’ve taken the time to hand select samples from our favorite pieces such as the Prophet T8, Prophet VS, Sequential Circuits Six Trak, + more and brought it to your sample environment. This kit, along with the original Synth Immaculate, is designed for the tweaker. If you love importing sounds, manipulating them, and turning them into your own masterpieces, then this kit is for you!
The Synth Immaculate 2 features
- 16bit .wav format of hand-selected sounds from vintage keyboards (Prophet T8, Prophet VS, Sequential Circuits Six Trak + more).
- No added compression, limiting, or coloring of sound to preserve original state.
- Raw grit and low-end harmonics on held sample notes.
- Royalty free patches organized by instrument.
- Bonus E-MU Mo-Phatt & Access Virus sounds.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / The Synth Immaculate 2
The Drum Broker has introduced The Mutha Plucka, a live bass sample library by MSXII Sound Design.
By request, MSXII has decided to release a live bass kit (from their actual productions) for your music programming needs. While that live, humanistic feel is sought after in most modern production, not all producers have access to a bass guitar and/or a bass guitar player.
MSXII provides this kit with more than enough material for you to map across your keys and manipulate the notes to taste. Every key is provided along with harmonic tones as well. This kit partners well with other MSXII kits such as The Sammich Kit, The Unkempt Breaks, and The Synth Immaculate and The Synth Immaculate 2!
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $14.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / MSXII The Mutha Plucka
The Drum Broker has launched Rhodes and Vibes, a new sample pack by MSXII Sound Design.
The kit is a hybrid of both original compositions and standalone samples. The Rhodes and Vibes kit is pure vintage goodness. A Fender Rhodes 73 and a Deagan Model 510 Vibraharp (1952) are the only two pieces of gear involved.
Most producers spend hours digging for an empty section of drums, Rhodes, vibes, and other instruments from obscure vinyl records. With the Rhodes and Vibes kit, MSXII serves that up with vintage coloring you can only get from authentic equipment. Partnered with incredible musicianship, this kit will keep you inspired like none other.
Rhodes and Vibes features
- Authentic Fender Rhodes 73 original MSXII compositions in .wav format.
- 1952 Deagan Model 510 Vibraharp original MSXII compositions in .wav format.
- Stems offered on select compositions.
- Kit divided by folders of 70, 73, and 90 BPM.
- Notated arpeggios in Fm-C#Maj7 (+ more) in both Rhodes and Vibes.
- Sampled held notes at C and F in Rhodes and Vibes for advanced layering + mapping.
- Royalty free compositions, no sample clearance needed.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Rhodes and Vibes
The Drum Broker has introduced The Sammich Kit, a sample pack by MSXII Audio.
With a lot of garbage out on the market today, who needs another drum kit with the same recycled & reused sounds positioned as “exclusive sounds” or whatever? With the ‘Sammich Kit’, we look to bring back the integrity that’s been lacking in this arena.
Fresh sounds, no fluff, no bulls**t! All sounds have been used in countless placed productions of MSXII on networks like MTV, Vh1, E!, Oxygen, Centric, and BET. These drums have been eq’d to cut through your mix, and compliment your work. Layered to taste, this kit is just plain slappin. Short and to the point. 53 sounds.
The sample pack is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / The Sammich Kit
The Drum Broker has announced the release of The Joe Deeraty – Dirt On Drums and Original Compositions, a new drum kit sample pack from MSXII Sound Design.
With quality at the forefront of every project, MSXII has once again separated itself from the rest with this most superb installment! The Joe Deertay is all new original compositions & breaks, both colored and warmed up with vintage Akai hardware.
The sound of The Joe Deertay just FEELS good…almost as if it belongs in your sampler. Live drums, bass, organ, Fender Rhodes 73, Polymoog, and meticulously manipulated instruments & techniques have gone into the creation of this kit.
Dirt On Drums and Original Compositions features
- High-Quality 16bit .wav original compositions & drum breaks.
- Resampled drum breaks via vintage Akai S3000xl hardware for added texture, feel, & character.
- Hand selected, chopped REX files for quick inspiration included as bonus.
- Royalty free MSXII compositions ready for slicing, flipping, and recreation.
- Instrumentation includes live P-bass, live drums, Fender Rhodes 73, Polymoog, Moog Little Phatty, Violin, Piano + more.
The sample pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / The Joe Deertay