Mu Technologies has released version 1.3 of Mu Voice, a plug-in that allows you to tune your vocal recordings, apply special effects and add natural sounding harmonies when mixing your track.
The motto of this release is: “More Control – More Fun” and it features innovative and creative ways to control the plug-in from any MIDI controller.
New in Mu Voice v1.3
- MIDI-2-Pitch: The pitch of the lead voice can be tuned to a MIDI note (red keys). The tuning also affects also the harmonies.
- MIDI-2-Harmony: Several harmony channels can be put to MIDI mode. This means that when a note is played (orange keys), it is assigned to one of the MIDI mode channels. This features allows you to create harmonies just by routing MIDI notes to the plug-in.
- (Delta)Pitch-2-Parameter: This is an advanced feature that allows parameters to follow the pitch or the interval between the lead and the harmony. This feature is important for getting a natural sound.
- Change Events: Any MIDI controller can be mapped to any set of Mu Voice parameters. This requires a very simple set of actions; touching a controller, selecting a number of parameters, and editing the parameter curves.
- Change Events: These events are typically sent when a synth bank is changed or when a foot switch is pressed. Triggering a program change 10, will apply the chord and preset at the tenth position in the chord scheme.
- Mu Voice XML files for different songs can be grouped in playlists. Files are added just by dropping them on the playlist.
- Assignable Navigation Controls: The MIDI panel has six programmable buttons. The first two are used to move forward and backward through the chord scheme. The second two are used to do the same but by using anchor points. The final two are to go to the next song in he playlist.
- Windows and Mac Installers make sure that all components are in the right place.
- Host integration is improved significantly. The XML project files are now linked to your recording session. Loading and saving your project will automatically load and save your Mu Voice XML file.
Mu Voice is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for $329 USD / 239 EUR. Version 1.3 is available as a free update for current Mu Voice users.
More information: Mu Technologies
Mu Technologies has released version 1.1.0 of Mu Voice, a plug-in which allows you to tune your vocal recordings, apply special effects and add natural sounding harmonies when mixing your track.
Changes in Mu Voice v1.1.0
- RTAS for Windows now available
- New navigator controls
- Several minor bug fixes
A manual and RTAS & AU versions for Mac are still in the works.
Visit Mu Technologies for more information.
Mu Technologies has released Mu Voice, a plug-in which allows you to tune your vocal recordings, apply special effects and add natural sounding harmonies when mixing your track.
Mu Voice key features
- Intelligent Harmonizing: An “intelligent” harmonizer takes into account the musical context of a piece like chord and scale information. A four track mixer allows to configure the voicing (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th voice) and octave for each channel.
- Scale / Chord Selection: The chord panel offers a straight-forward interface to select chords. When a given key signature is selected, the diatonic series of chords is displayed.
- Chord Scheme Editing: Chords can be added to a scheme by pressing the “Insert” button or double clicking them.
- Mixer: The mixer combines all four track and allows to mute, bypass and pitch shift
- Tuner: Mu Voice comes with a built-in tuner (Chromatic and Scale) that has a parametric impact (0: no impact, 1: full impact).
- Channel FX: In addition to the voicing configurator, the gain control and pitch shifter, each track has additional set of FX: Pan, Humanizing, Formants, Filters and Harmonic EQ-ing.
- Preset Management: To keep the large number of control parameters manageable, all parameters that are not related to the chord scheme can be saved in presets.
- Full Automation: The progression of chords and presets can be fully automated.
- XML based file exchange The plug-in state, chord scheme and presets can all be saved in XML.
- SIMD Optimizations: Mu Voice is highly optimized exploiting special processor instruction sets like SSE for Intel processors and Altivec for PowerPC’s.
Mu Voice is currently available in VST format for Windows and Mac OSX, and costs $199 (instead of normal $259).
A detailed manual, audio demos, RTAS version for Mac and Windows, AU version for Mac, MIDI controls and a standalone version should be coming soon.
Visit Mu Technologies for more information.