AuraPlug has released version 2.4 of AmpFire, an guitar multi-effect plugin.
AmpFire is a special VST effect designed for metal guitar players. AmpFire is a preamplifier, distortion, power amplifier and speaker cabinet simulator in one. AmpFire does not contain effects (except for an input Noise gate). We focused on guitar-sound and low CPU usage when designing AmpFire. Plugins deriving from other manufacturers are easy to add to post-AmpFire VST series. Countless VST effects are available for this.
AmpFire 2.4 comes with a frequency response graph.
Changes in AmpFire v2.4
- Advanced zero (low) latency convolution engine, ideal for cabinet simulation.
- Internal IR file browser.
- Supported file format: RIFF wave-files (.wav) (8/16/24/32-bit, mono/left channel stereo at any sample rate).
- Internal sample rate converting.
- Auto-normalization (automatic volume compensation).
- Frequency response graph.
- Separate dry/wet control (-inf .. +24dB).
- Extremely low CPU Usage.
AmpFire for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 40 EUR. The update is currently available for Windows (32/64bit VST), Mac AU/VST coming soon.
More information: AuraPlug / AmpFire
, effect plugins
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Dec 19, 2012
Loomer has updated its Sequent effect plugin to version 1.3.3.
Sequent is a modular multi-effects unit, the ideal tool for mangling audio on stage or in the studio.
Changes in Sequent v1.3.3
- (feature) Keyboard entry of rotary parameter values. Rotary controls can now be typed directly into by clicking on the text value below the control.
- (improvement:Mac OS X) Installer and all installed components are now signed in compliance with Mac OS X 10.8′s Gatekeeper system.
- (improvement:Linux) When using the JACK audio system in standalone mode, the JACK Transport now syncs Sequent’s tempo, start/stop status, and playhead location.
- (improvement) Step response on the filter, distortion, pan, and delay module parameters has been significantly reduced to allow for tighter control of sequenced automation.
- (improvement) Changing sequencer patterns via MIDI keyboard can no longer cause audio glitches when using a realtime audio driver.
- (fix) The Master sequencer will now correctly follow a host’s PPQ position, and restart in response to a host’s transport restarting.
- (fix:RTAS) Fix for the right-channel muting when bypassing in Pro Tools when used on a mono to stereo track.
- (improvement) Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
- (improvement:Windows) Removed C++ runtime libraries redistributable requirement for RTAS plug-ins. The installer no longer installs the C++ runtime library redistributable components when installing the RTAS plug-ins.
- (improvement) Routing and sequencing windows are now lighter and clearer.
- (improvement) Factory presets now use a compressed pattern format, which are significantly smaller, and so improves preset loading and search times.
Sequent for Windows, Mac and Linux is available to purchase for £49 GBP.
More information: Loomer / Sequent
Xhun Audio has released SmartRig Pro, a VST effect plug-in for Windows.
SmartRig Pro is a simple and effective tool for guitarists, musicians and professional sound designers looking for a compact, easy-to-use, analog-modeled Multi Fx/Cabinet suite for both live and/or studio recording use.
Designed for Electric Guitars, SmartRig Pro is suited also to process and color an extended range of instruments like acoustic guitars, acoustic and electric basses, vocals, electric pianos, synthesizers or even to bring back to life old live recordings and audio loops/libraries.
Xhun Audio SmartRig Pro analog modeled multi FX / cabinet suite.
SmartRig Pro features
- An all-in-one complete environment featuring Analog Modeled Dynamics Processors, Multi FX Stompboxes and Amp/Cabinets/Room simulation.
- CPU-efficient DSP and rock-solid stability for both Live and/or Studio recording use.
- Process everything: plug-in any monaural or stereo audio source like acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric basses, vocals, electric pianos, synthesizers or even your old live recordings and audio loops/libraries.
- 2-In / 2-Out or 1-In / 2-Out processing.
- CMP-1: Master Compressor.
- EQ-3: 3-band Equalizer.
- Four insert effects slots with the possibility to choose between 11 analogue modeled Stompboxes (more will follow).
- Including Ambiverb, a high-end resonator-based natural Reverb algorithm.
- Amp/Cabinet simulation, with the possibility to choose between 6 legendary Cabinets (more will follow).
- Room simulation.
- MIDI CC#s mapping.
- Supported Sample Rates : 44.1 / 48 / 88.1 / 96 kHz.
SmartRig Pro costs 35 EUR. It is currently available for 24.90 EUR as part of the Xmas 2012 Special Offer. It also includes Ambiverb Stompbox, a resonator-based natural Reverb algorithm.
The Xmas 2012 Special Offer initiative offers a price discount on all Xhun Audio products and bundles: LittleOne, IronAxe, SmartRig Pro, XA Instruments Bundle and XA Complete Bundle.
The Xmas 2012 Special Offer is valid until January 6th, 2013.
More information: Xhun Audio / SmartRig Pro
Artificial Audio has announced the Effect Bundle, comprising its Obelisk spectral delay and Quartz multi-effect plugins.
We’ve got new prices for you and a brand new bundle that includes our award winning plug-ins OBELISK and QUARTZ together for an unbeatable price!
Customers outside the European Union can now pay in US Dollar – no more currency conversion and totally hassle-free.
Artificial Audio products
- Quartz: 79 EUR / $89 USD.
- Obelisk: 79 EUR / $89 USD USD.
- Latency Bundle: 29 EUR / $35 USD.
- Effect Bundle: 119 EUR / $129 USD.
- Effect Bundle Upgrade: 40 EUR / $40 USD.
More information: Artificial Audio
Sound designer Alessio Mellina has released r0b0.coder, a free effect processor for Windows and Mac.
r0b0.coder is a standalone multi-effect processor created using Max/MSP.
It features a series of different real-time processing techniques that can be applied to a live input or .wav samples.
Parameters can also be randomized and/or controlled by LFOs in order to achieve unexpected timbres.
The r0b0.coder is a free standalone application for Windows and Mac (does not require Max/MSP installation).
More information: Alessio Mellina / r0b0.coder
Martin Eastwood Audio has released the Flame multi-effect plug-in as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
Flame is a matrix-based multi-effect. It does not have a set configuration, allowing you to freely route the audio between the different modules however you see fit. This flexibility allows you to create a huge range of sounds and effects.
Flame is available to download from KVR Audio as a free Windows VST plug-in.
More information: Martin Eastwood Audio Flame