Mutagene has released version 0.20 of lipredemuco, a filter effect plugin for Mac.
Similar in some respects to the original mWarped Linear Prediction filter. The filter has 4 inputs and 4 outputs. In modes 1 & 2 (“code td” and “code fd”), it transmits side information on output channels 3&4. In modes 4 & 5 (“decode td” and “decode fd”) it process input channels 3&4 to “reconstruct” channels 1&2. In mode 3 (“code+decode”) only channels 1&2 are used and no side information is passed or processed.
The plugin is not attempting to be a codec simulation and transparent coding/decoding is likely impossible. I’m not sure how far the plugin will be developed.
The plug-in is currently available to download for Mac OS X only (32-bit VST).
More information: Mutagene
Mutagene has released a Mac only beta version 1.5 of 2WarpDelay, a feedback delay featuring 2 frequency-warped lattice filters in the feedback paths.
I started porting 2WarpDelay to the Mac (x86)/AudioUnit form over a year ago, and haven’t really made any changes in nearly the past year, during which time I have since upgraded to Leopard. Rather then just let it set there, I figure I might as well upload it.
Changes in 2WarpDelay v1.5 (Mac only)
- Uses PNG as its native format, not BMPs (eventually this may find its way to the Windows version).
- WLPC mode is implemented, but not the cryptic bandpass filter mode.
2WarpDelay v1.5 is available for Mac OSX (Intel only) as a freeware effect plug-in (v1.2 for Windows is still available as well).
Visit Mutagene for more information.
Mutagene has released version 1.2 of 2WarpDelay, a feedback delay featuring 2 frequency-warped lattice filters in the feedback paths.
Mutagene 2WarpDelay – great for your not so typical delay effects
Changes in v1.2
- Bitmap generation (random or Mandelbrot – note that Mandelbrot generation can be quite slow).
- Simple bitmap processing (flip, rotate, normalize, invert, edge, etc..)
- Support for non-24 bit BMPs.
- Bitmaps are saved within presets (previous versions simply saved the file path for the image).
- Backwards compatible with v1.0 presets, though they may sound slightly different.
- Minor adjustments of signal processing algorithms (slightly different compressor, pre-delays, LP analysis mode).
Visit Mutagene for more information and a link to download 2WarpDelay.
Mutagene has released version 0.9 of POCAS, a chaotic additive synth VST plug-in for Windows PC.
Changes in v0.9
- “Speed” of particle simulation can be modulated by output level of synthesizer.
- “Freeze” allows preferential locking of particle movement to X or Y axis.
- patches are stored in XML file for future (???) compatibility.
- some bugs/denormals have been fixed.
Note: Pocas v0.9 is not preset-compatible with Pocas v0.41.
Visit Mutagene for more information and a link to download the latest version of POCAS.
Mutagene has updated Anticode (filtering/mangling effect) to v0.9.8.
Updated in v0.9.8
- Skinable with skins loaded from XML file, fairly configurable
- Configuration specified in XML file along with skin path
- Loads old presets, but saves in new (forward-compatible?) XML-based format (so basically everything went XML with this version)
- Midi CC map can be saved/to from configuration file
- Minor graphic changes, optimizations
First time I tried v0.9.8 it crashed my system (in Cantabile Lite v1.2) after error messages about missing skin files. Second time I still got the error messages but the plug-in worked fine.
Visit Mutagene for more information and a link to download the latest version of Anticode.
Note: It seems the link to v0.9.8 isn’t on the website yet, so get it here.