Mutagene has released version 0.20 of lipredemuco, a filter effect plugin for Mac.
Similar in some respects to the original mWarped Linear Prediction filter. The filter has 4 inputs and 4 outputs. In modes 1 & 2 (“code td” and “code fd”), it transmits side information on output channels 3&4. In modes 4 & 5 (“decode td” and “decode fd”) it process input channels 3&4 to “reconstruct” channels 1&2. In mode 3 (“code+decode”) only channels 1&2 are used and no side information is passed or processed.
The plugin is not attempting to be a codec simulation and transparent coding/decoding is likely impossible. I’m not sure how far the plugin will be developed.
The plug-in is currently available to download for Mac OS X only (32-bit VST).
More information: Mutagene
Mutagene has released a Mac only beta version 1.5 of 2WarpDelay, a feedback delay featuring 2 frequency-warped lattice filters in the feedback paths.
I started porting 2WarpDelay to the Mac (x86)/AudioUnit form over a year ago, and haven’t really made any changes in nearly the past year, during which time I have since upgraded to Leopard. Rather then just let it set there, I figure I might as well upload it.
Changes in 2WarpDelay v1.5 (Mac only)
- Uses PNG as its native format, not BMPs (eventually this may find its way to the Windows version).
- WLPC mode is implemented, but not the cryptic bandpass filter mode.
2WarpDelay v1.5 is available for Mac OSX (Intel only) as a freeware effect plug-in (v1.2 for Windows is still available as well).
Visit Mutagene for more information.
Mutagene has released version 1.2 of 2WarpDelay, a feedback delay featuring 2 frequency-warped lattice filters in the feedback paths.
Mutagene 2WarpDelay – great for your not so typical delay effects
Changes in v1.2
- Bitmap generation (random or Mandelbrot – note that Mandelbrot generation can be quite slow).
- Simple bitmap processing (flip, rotate, normalize, invert, edge, etc..)
- Support for non-24 bit BMPs.
- Bitmaps are saved within presets (previous versions simply saved the file path for the image).
- Backwards compatible with v1.0 presets, though they may sound slightly different.
- Minor adjustments of signal processing algorithms (slightly different compressor, pre-delays, LP analysis mode).
Visit Mutagene for more information and a link to download 2WarpDelay.
Mutagene has released version 0.9 of POCAS, a chaotic additive synth VST plug-in for Windows PC.
Changes in v0.9
- “Speed” of particle simulation can be modulated by output level of synthesizer.
- “Freeze” allows preferential locking of particle movement to X or Y axis.
- patches are stored in XML file for future (???) compatibility.
- some bugs/denormals have been fixed.
Note: Pocas v0.9 is not preset-compatible with Pocas v0.41.
Visit Mutagene for more information and a link to download the latest version of POCAS.
This page contains patches and sound banks for POCAS (Particle Synth) by Alexis Glass (dsp.mutagene.net).
Download patches/sound banks
Find more patches by sound designers, plug-ins or check the latest additions.
Mutagene has updated Anticode (filtering/mangling effect) to v0.9.8. Updated in v0.9.8 Skinable with skins loaded from XML file, fairly configurable Configuration specified in XML file along with skin path Loads old presets, but saves in … read more
Mutagene has updated Anticode (filtering/mangling effect) to v0.9.5. Updated in v0.9.5 Anticode is now a VST 2.4 plugin Added MIDI learn for almost all parameters Tool tips for all controls (a bit rough, waiting on … read more
Mutagene has updated Anticode to v0.9.1. Anticode is a cool filtering/mangling effect plug-in, available for free. Updated in v0.9.1 some of the routines optimized in assembly added some control over the commpressor in the feedback … read more
Macomate 88 is an array of 88 comb filters tuned using a .TUN microtuning file with feedback path. It is sensitive to MIDI input, with channels 1 and 3-16 activating their corresponding filters and channel … read more