n-Track Software has released version 3.1 of its n-Track Studio app for iOS, now including MIDI support and inter-app audio.
n-Track Studio is an audio and MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, mix them during playback and add effects.
Changes in n-Track Studio v3.1
- Support for inter-app audio instruments. Add an instrument app with the + button on the toolbar.
- Mixdown can now be saved in 16, 24, 32 or 64 bit audio format.
- Choose microphone on multi-mic devices and set microphone polar pattern (e.g. cardioid, omnidirectional).
- AudioCopy & Paste updated to SDK version 2.[v3.0]
- Fixed glitches on some instruments when playing with sustain on.
- Fixed crash when calling ‘Open track in…’ command, which now appears long tapping on an audio track.
- Fixed removing an instrument may alter output setting of other MIDI tracks.
- Fixed glitches changing song loop interval during playback.
- Built-in metronome with programmable tempo changes [v3.0]
- EQ now appears as a popup window [v3.0]
- 2D frequency spectrum sonogram [v3.0]
- iOS 7 compatibility [v3.0]
- New features available via in-app purchase:
- MIDI tracks with builtin multi instrument synth.
- MIDI editing in the Piano Roll window.
- On screen MIDI keyboard.
- Support for external MIDI keyboard and inter-app MIDI.
- 3D frequency spectrum.
- Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices.
n-Track for iOS is available to purchase for $6.99 USD. MIDI features are available as in-app purchase for $3.99 USD, 3D frequency spectrum available with the Pro-Features pack for $5.99 USD, and the 8 Effects pack costs $1.99 USD.
More information: n-Track / n-Track Studio
n-Track has announced the release of its n-Track Studio multitrack recording app for Android.
n-Track Studio for Android turns your phone or tablet into a recording studio.
n-Track Studio is an audio multitrack recorder that turns your device into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio tracks, mix them during playback and add effects. You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback. Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or compressed format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
n-Track Studio features
- Record with the builtin mic or line input.
- Never miss a beat with the built-in metronome.
- Unlimited tracks (the max number of tracks depends only on the device capabilities).
- EQ with Spectrum analyzer and Sonogram.
- Import existing wave songs and clips.
- Automate track volumes using envelopes.
- Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Am p and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel (8 effects pack available as in-app purchase).
n-Track for Android is available to purchase for $6.99 USD / 5.99 EUR.
More information: n-Track
n-Track Software has announced the release of n-Track Metronome, a free app for iOS.
Never miss a beat with the new sample accurate n-Track Metronome free app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Choose your tempo spinning the big metronome wheel or tapping with you finger.
Practice with your instrument by setting the metronome to any tempo and time signature you want to use, from classical music to rock rhythms.
n-Track Metronome features
- Extreme precision: higher than 1/40000 of a second.
- Turn visual mode on to make the wheel flash with the tempo, very useful when you play in noisy places.
- Activate background audio to leave the metronome on while you play wi th some other instrument app.
- Easily save and recall your settings with the touch of a button.
- You can even easily import and export your tempo tracks to n-Track Studio for iOS, Mac and Windows via iTunes file sharing.
- The app includes a quick tutorial explaining the main user interface elements.
Additional features available via in-app purchase:
- Automate tempo and time signature changes, program full songs or exer cise by automaticallyincreasing the tempo as time progresses.
- Enable vibration on the beat.
- Enable camera flash light to follow the tempo.
- Add a reverb effect to the metronome sound or boost the metronome vol ume with an integrated audio limiter effect.
More information: n-Track Software / n-Track Metronome
n-Track Software has announced the release of n-Track Tuner for Android devices.
Tune your guitar, bass or other instrument with n-Track Tuner. Just put your Android device next to your instrument and play each string, the tuner will automatically recognize the note you’re playing and tell you whether you need to lower (green bar) or increase (red bar) the string’s pitch.
The spectrum analyzer provides a visual feedback of the notes played by the instrument and shows a small arrow to highlight the harmonic whose pitch the tuner is tracking.
For those who prefer to manually tune their instrument the ‘Diapason’ view lets you play a reference tone, ‘A’ (440 hz) or any other note that you can select dragging the frequency slider.
Already available for iOS, the free Tuner app is now available on Google Play.
More information: n-Track Software / n-Track Tuner