Chris Nash has released version 1.4.1 of reViSiT Standard Edition, a free tracking software for VST hosts.
After a long wait, I’ve finally managed to update the free Standard Edition to include all the changes and fixes seen in reViSiT Professional, and am thus delighted to announce reViSiT 1.4.1 Standard Edition, the first official public release of the free edition.
See here for a comparison of the features in each edition. In comparison to the last free release, 0.94 Beta, this update adds several features (customisable keys, sample & instrument libraries, info bar, mouse support, documentation) plus 2 years worth of refinements and fixes.
reViSiT Standard Edition is available as a free download for Windows.
More information: reViSiT
Chris Nash has released version 1.1.3 of reViSiT Pro, a tracking software for VST hosts.
Tracking is a method for computer music almost as mature and time-honoured as MIDI. Sometimes better, sometimes not so – always different. Tracking has to date been the remit of dedicated underground [freeware] software called “Trackers”, particular examples of which (eg. Fast Tracker, Impulse Tracker) have almost acrued cult-status with multi-million strong user-bases. The integration of the Tracker architecture (notably its User Interface*) in sequencer software, will bring the best of both worlds to the composer.
Changes in reViSiT Pro v1.1.3
- Improved audio performance (up to 2x) and sound quality.
- Improved compatibility with many hosts, notably SONAR and those using variable buffer sizes.
- Improved host sync. engine.
- Fixes for the audio engine and keyboard handler.
- Lots more, check the Development Blog for details.
reViSiT Pro is available as a free download as part of the reViSiT Experiment.
Visit nashNET for more information.
Chris Nash has released version 1.0 of reViSiT Pro, a tracking software for VST hosts.
The Professional Edition of reViSiT is a more powerful and flexible composition tool, which can literally add a new dimension to your music.
Compared to the free Standard Edition, the core innovations are:
- Surround Sound — reViSiT Pro is the first tracker with dedicated support for surround sound (Quad, 5.1), allowing surround panning (directly from the pattern), discrete fixed point sources (with support for Centre and LFE channels), panning in two dimensions and 360° panoramic panning. Together with new instrument envelopes and effect commands to support depth and theta (rotation) spatialisation, this feature literally adds another dimension to your music.
- Advanced Audio Routing with Flexible Busses — reViSiT Pro is not tied to a single audio output anymore. With an innovative audio routing mechanism; individual channels, samples or instruments can be sent to any of 16 audio busses – each of which can be mono, stereo, quad or 5.1. To deliver each bus back to the host, reViSiT Pro comes with the helper plug-in, reBUS – simply load it up on one of the host’s tracks or channels and pick a reViSiT bus to listen in on, and the audio is piped through automatically. The feature provides total flexibility in how you mix your tracks – making it an easy task to apply host effects or processing to a specific channel, sample or instrument in your reViSiT song. A new pattern effects (S0x) even allows you to switch a channel’s bus assignment as the song plays back.
- MIDI-Controlled Playback — reViSiT Pro replaces the basic tracker “order list” with the option to trigger patterns with MIDI notes, where different pitches trigger different patterns according to a user-defined mapping. This not only allows you to “play around” with your song live, using a MIDI instrument, but also means you can do all your arranging – be it tracked, sequenced and recorded music – in the host; by inserting notes in a MIDI track, this feature allows you to edit your tracker song in the same way you’d edit the MIDI track itself – move the MIDI note, and the associated tracker pattern will innevitably move with it; move a block of notes (e.g. in the Arrange Window) and the pattern sequence moves too.
For a limited period you can get reViSiT Pro for Windows for free with the reViSiT Experiment, scientific study of creativity and skill in computer music software, conducted by researchers at the Computer Laboratory (Rainbow Group) and Faculty of Music (Centre for Music & Science) at the University of Cambridge.
Visit nashNET for more information.